Wikiposts

CIC manuals - ENF 14

Old Dec 6th 2010, 9:39 am
Just Joined

tidymonkey81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CIC manuals - ENF 14

Does anyone know where I can get access to the CIC manuals that aren't yet published on the website?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc.../enf/index.asp

Specifically I'm looking for Chapter ENF 14 - Criminal Rehabilitation.

I'm trying to find out how CIC officers should determine exactly when crimes are considered spent or when an offender is eligible for rehabilitation or deemed rehabilitated.

Thankyou
Old Dec 6th 2010, 10:38 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC manuals - ENF 14

You could try the local library..

You could read the relevant parts of the IRPA

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/I-2.5/...-ga:l_1-gb:l_4

OP18 deals with inadmissibility, generally, and has specific reference to criminal inadmissibility.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc.../enf02-eng.pdf

I haven't been able to source it online, sorry.

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 6th 2010 at 10:41 am.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by siouxie
You could try the local library..

OP18 deals with inadmissibility, generally, and has specific reference to criminal inadmissibility.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc.../enf02-eng.pdf

I haven't been able to source it online, sorry.

Thank you for trying siouxie! I couldn't find it anywhere either - except on this website which requires a password which I can't get.

forums.cmi-icm.ca/download/file.php?id=24

The google preview of the website shows the front cover of the chapter but I can't access it. Grrr.

I'm looking because I'm interested in how CIC will view my dui conviction from sep 2006. There seems to be evidence in the forum that people's convictions which are considered 'spent' under UK Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1975 will mean they are admissible to Canada 5 years from the date of conviction (as under UK RoOA) and not 5 years from the end of the sentence (for me a 12 month driving disqualification). I want to know how CIC officers are advised to treat this matter.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 11:07 am
Just Joined

I had read the ENF 02 chapter you linked to and it was the one that tells officers to refer to ENF 14 for advice on rehabilitation times. References are at 13.4 Passage of Time (p.55) and 14.2 Conviction (p.60 - effect of foreign pardons)
Old Dec 6th 2010, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Found an old copy (not sure how often these things change) on the waybackmachine

http://web.archive.org/web/200512281...enf/enf14e.pdf
Old Dec 6th 2010, 11:48 am
Just Joined

and there it is - Section 27, Page 27

the UK Rehabilitation of Offenders Act automatically pardons eligible individuals without the person having to apply, if the person has been sentenced to a term of imprisonment of less than 30 months;
Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:49 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Well found!