Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CIC Manila is Alive: Got my PP Request!

CIC Manila is Alive: Got my PP Request!

Old Jan 8th 2005, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

centauri is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking CIC Manila is Alive: Got my PP Request!

Hi,

After a lengthy period of waiting of 4 years and 3 months, I'm very happy to say that "I GOT IT" too here in Manila. My passport request letter was dated 18 December 2004 and was only received yesterday, 07 January 2005. It's a sort of a Christmas gift by CIC . By the way, my e-Client has never changed since day 1 and it is sickening to this date to see the words: IN PROCESS.

I owe everything to the LORD because we won't come this far without his help. And special thanks also to the 3 Wise Men (Andrew, Jim and PMM) for the advice. May your tribes multiply guys!
Old Jan 8th 2005, 1:27 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CIC Manila is Alive: Got my PP Request!

Congrats!

Originally Posted by centauri
Hi,

After a lengthy period of waiting of 4 years and 3 months, I'm very happy to say that "I GOT IT" too here in Manila. My passport request letter was dated 18 December 2004 and was only received yesterday, 07 January 2005. It's a sort of a Christmas gift by CIC . By the way, my e-Client has never changed since day 1 and it is sickening to this date to see the words: IN PROCESS.

I owe everything to the LORD because we won't come this far without his help. And special thanks also to the 3 Wise Men (Andrew, Jim and PMM) for the advice. May your tribes multiply guys!
Old Jan 8th 2005, 3:14 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Excellent news Centauri!!!! You really deserve it especially after all this time!
Old Jan 8th 2005, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Andrew and Tiaribbon. By the way, for those who have worries on their medicals because of diabetes, it's no big deal to worry about. I have signs of Type 2 diabetes and I informed the DMP about it and thanks be to God I need not have to undergo for additional tests which could possibly delay further the processing.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

cryout is on a distinguished road

Thanks Andrew and Tiaribbon. By the way, for those who have worries on their medicals because of diabetes, it's no big deal to worry about. I have signs of Type 2 diabetes and I informed the DMP about it and thanks be to God I need not have to undergo for additional tests which could possibly delay further the processing.

very happy about your success!
Old Jan 8th 2005, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

nervous_wreck is an unknown quantity at this point

that sure is good news...congratulations...more so on your patience and nerves.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Inah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Centauri! Where did you have your medical examination? Can you please share what happened?
Old Jan 10th 2005, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

I had my medicals at Cebu Doctors Hospital and the DMP was Dr. Alberto Santos. The medicals covered the usual required tests such as: x-ray, urine and blood. My 2 kids who are aged 9 and 10 had only urine test.

Originally Posted by Inah
Hi Centauri! Where did you have your medical examination? Can you please share what happened?
Old Jan 10th 2005, 2:00 am
Just Joined

samm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Hi Centauri,

Were you and your family interviewed?

Congratulations and good luck!
Old Jan 10th 2005, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

Hi samm,

Yes me and my spouse were required to attend for an interview last August 2K4. If you want to know what happened, just click on the following url:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...90#post1784690

Originally Posted by samm
Hi Centauri,

Were you and your family interviewed?

Congratulations and good luck!
Old Jan 10th 2005, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

stillw8ng is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: CIC Manila is Alive: Got my PP Request!

Hi Centauri,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you and your family! Finally! So when do you plan to leave? Since you have kids, I suggest you leave well before the Sept school opening so that you'll have time to find a school/s for your "chikitings". I told you so, in two months or so, if you don't hear anything from the Embassy in terms of additional tests, then you can expect the PPT request soon. Oo nga, what a Christmas gift! I mean, even if you got the letter on Jan 7, but as you've said, the letter was dated December 18. I can still remember what you've said before, "Miracles do happen sometimes..." And it happened to you!

God bless you and your family! Where do you plan to land? Who knows, baka magkita tayo dun! Hopefully, we can get our passport request next month, since our DMP submitted our meds last Dec 6.

Again, congratulations and hope that you'll still be able to update us on your plans.

Take care,
Stillw8ng
Old Jan 11th 2005, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

Hi stillw8ng,

Thanks for the prayer and well-wishes. As for the departure, we haven't planned for it yet not unless we already have our visas in our hands (sigurista talaga no?). We still let our kids (2 boys) finish the schoolyear and have themselves circumcised :scared: during the first week of April.

Indeed my case is a typical example showing that "Miracles Do Happen Sometimes" this is why I'm encouraging other applicants to just hold on, have some patience and believe in the power of prayer. If such miracles happened to me then there is no reason why it won't happen to you and the rest who believe.

Don't worry we'll keep praying for the early release of your passport request. Just don't forget to update us. I hope na magkita talaga tayo doon.

Originally Posted by stillw8ng
Hi Centauri,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you and your family! Finally! So when do you plan to leave? Since you have kids, I suggest you leave well before the Sept school opening so that you'll have time to find a school/s for your "chikitings". I told you so, in two months or so, if you don't hear anything from the Embassy in terms of additional tests, then you can expect the PPT request soon. Oo nga, what a Christmas gift! I mean, even if you got the letter on Jan 7, but as you've said, the letter was dated December 18. I can still remember what you've said before, "Miracles do happen sometimes..." And it happened to you!

God bless you and your family! Where do you plan to land? Who knows, baka magkita tayo dun! Hopefully, we can get our passport request next month, since our DMP submitted our meds last Dec 6.

Again, congratulations and hope that you'll still be able to update us on your plans.

Take care,
Stillw8ng
Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:51 pm
xxx
Forum Regular

xxx is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats ,
Can you please advice if we need to specify we have certain disorder ?
Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Hi X,

Honesty is always the best policy.

During my medicals, tests showed that I'm in good health but during interview, when the DMP asked pointblank if I have diabetes, I said yes. I told him that my FBG is 131 and this was taken last May. I added that am not taking any medication- only following dietary instructions. It's always good to tell the truth as you can't conceal your health conditions always.

For as long the disease does not cause any organ complication then there's nothing to worry much.

Originally Posted by xxx
congrats ,
Can you please advice if we need to specify we have certain disorder ?
Old Jan 13th 2005, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Inah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi X,

Honesty is always the best policy.

During my medicals, tests showed that I'm in good health but during interview, when the DMP asked pointblank if I have diabetes, I said yes. I told him that my FBG is 131 and this was taken last May. I added that am not taking any medication- only following dietary instructions. It's always good to tell the truth as you can't conceal your health conditions always.

For as long the disease does not cause any organ complication then there's nothing to worry much.

Dear Centauri,

I wish you the best! Congratulations!

For others: May I ask any recommendation on which DMP in Manila is preferred and why?

Thanks,
Inah

Last edited by Inah; Jan 13th 2005 at 3:26 pm. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.