CIC Interview with employer

Old Dec 12th 2011, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default CIC Interview with employer

Hi everyone

We just had an update - CIC want to meet with hubby's employer that has offered him the job.

Any ideas? Is this normal? good or bad sign that the LMO will come through positive?

if there was an icon for biting fingernails I would use it right now...

Thanks.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Interview with employer

I would guess this is quite normal.
Is the job offer genuine, has the employer advertised the job etc etc
If all above board then there should not be a problem.
If biting your finger nails to the extreme then you will have no need for the nail varnish
Old Dec 12th 2011, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Elen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really nice

Hi there

I haven't heard of actually meeting before? maybe some of the more senior members would know!

Are you in Canada at the mo? I have applied with AEO and my employer got a phonecall at the time the AEO was being processed by CIC and they just asked a few questions. Is this the first time you have applied for LMO or is it a renewal?

E
Old Dec 12th 2011, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I would guess this is quite normal.
Is the job offer genuine, has the employer advertised the job etc etc
If all above board then there should not be a problem.
If biting your finger nails to the extreme then you will have no need for the nail varnish
Good

Yes and yes

Good!

I'll have to get acryllic nails... I wonder if they have salons that do that in Canada?
Old Dec 12th 2011, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Elen1981
Hi there

I haven't heard of actually meeting before? maybe some of the more senior members would know!

Are you in Canada at the mo? I have applied with AEO and my employer got a phonecall at the time the AEO was being processed by CIC and they just asked a few questions. Is this the first time you have applied for LMO or is it a renewal?

E
No - we are still in the UK and it's the first time for the LMO.

You are lucky to get an employer that will wait that long. What do you do if you don't mind me asking? PM me if you don't want to put it on the board?
Old Dec 12th 2011, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have to get acryllic nails... I wonder if they have salons that do that in Canada? [/QUOTE]

yes. lots!!!!!!

Old Dec 12th 2011, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Elen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really nice

I work in a museum based environment.

I am lucky, I met a really nice lady when I lived there for a year a couple of years ago who I worked for, so she offered me a job. At the time though I never anticipated having to wait this long for any sort of movement on my application so I am getting increasingly frustrated for myself and my employer that it is taking so long!

I thought waiting 6 months for the AEO was pretty long in itself then a further year later on top of that no word from the London VO
Old Dec 12th 2011, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette
I'll have to get acryllic nails... I wonder if they have salons that do that in Canada?
yes. lots!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks...

I was being cheeky... - It's in relation to a thread the other day when a couple of us were talking about taking over nail varnish and it was pointed out to us in a jokey way that Canada does sell nail varnish - hence my jokey"wonder if they have salons in Canada"
Old Dec 12th 2011, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

I work in a museum based environment.

I am lucky, I met a really nice lady when I lived there for a year a couple of years ago who I worked for, so she offered me a job. At the time though I never anticipated having to wait this long for any sort of movement on my application so I am getting increasingly frustrated for myself and my employer that it is taking so long!

I thought waiting 6 months for the AEO was pretty long in itself then a further year later on top of that no word from the London VO
Great that they are prepared to wait tho...

Yes it's a long wait... hence us gambling and going over on a TWP - get there a lot quicker but much more risky...
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe one of the questions CIC might choose to ask you or others is

"What are the chances that on a Friday night after a long hard week of work you will go to a bar/pub in Canada down umpteen pints and burst into a chorus of the Blaydon Races, Streets of London, On Ilkley Moor Ba Tat or others?

If you answered Yes to this question then your LMO or application will be refused
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Yes it is great that's they will wait, I on the other hand am going mad waiting
!

Let us know how you get on anyway and what the outcome of the CIC interview is
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Maybe one of the questions CIC might choose to ask you or others is

"What are the chances that on a Friday night after a long hard week of work you will go to a bar/pub in Canada down umpteen pints and burst into a chorus of the Blaydon Races, Streets of London, On Ilkley Moor Ba Tat or others?

If you answered Yes to this question then your LMO or application will be refused
Well the chances of that happening are absolutely zero so it looks like we are in...

Yes it is great that's they will wait, I on the other hand am going mad waiting
!

Let us know how you get on anyway and what the outcome of the CIC interview is
Will do - hope it doesn't take too much longer for you!
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
yes. lots!!!!!!

Thanks...

I was being cheeky... - It's in relation to a thread the other day when a couple of us were talking about taking over nail varnish and it was pointed out to us in a jokey way that Canada does sell nail varnish - hence my jokey"wonder if they have salons in Canada" [/QUOTE]

point taken, I did think it was a bit of a joke
Old Dec 13th 2011, 12:46 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
Hi everyone

We just had an update - CIC want to meet with hubby's employer that has offered him the job.

Any ideas? Is this normal? good or bad sign that the LMO will come through positive?

if there was an icon for biting fingernails I would use it right now...

Thanks.
Do you mean HRSDC want to speak to them - are you still waiting for a positive LMO to be issued?
Old Dec 13th 2011, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Is it possible that they're aware that you may be bringing nail varnish into Canada??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.