CIC immigration photos - PNP

Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:10 am
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 449
tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future
Default CIC immigration photos - PNP

I have just been fortunate enough to be nominated via the AINP for PR and now need to submit my CIC application to London.

In regards to the photos required it states I need four in total for each person which is not a problem. On the instructions for the photographer it states that the photos need to have a "plain white background". The photos I got from Snappy Snaps for my police check photos have a sort of pale blue background. Will a photographer simply be able to print them on a white background if I request it?

Sorry if it seems a really trivial question but I just want to make sure everything goes through ok.

Thanks in advance.

Tim
tim010 is offline  
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:58 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Mermaid3011's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 242
Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: CIC immigration photos - PNP

Originally Posted by tim010
I have just been fortunate enough to be nominated via the AINP for PR and now need to submit my CIC application to London.

In regards to the photos required it states I need four in total for each person which is not a problem. On the instructions for the photographer it states that the photos need to have a "plain white background". The photos I got from Snappy Snaps for my police check photos have a sort of pale blue background. Will a photographer simply be able to print them on a white background if I request it?

Sorry if it seems a really trivial question but I just want to make sure everything goes through ok.

Thanks in advance.

Tim
Hi Tim, it depends on the technique the photographer used. It's probably worth a call to find out. Otherwise you'll have to take new pics with a white background. Normally photographers know how immigration pics have to look like...
Mermaid3011 is offline  
Old Nov 30th 2009, 10:31 am
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 449
tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CIC immigration photos - PNP

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to pop into town tomorrow and will try and sort the pictures out after getting the bank draft sorted for the $1100 processing fee for the two of us.

Tim
tim010 is offline  
Old Nov 30th 2009, 11:35 pm
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 449
tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CIC immigration photos - PNP

Got the photos sorted. Snappy Snaps did it for £6 for the four pics. I just asked to have a plain white background which they sorted out easily by just turning the curtain around. For reference the CIC photos are the same dimensions as standard UK passport photos.

Tim
tim010 is offline  
Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:23 am
  #5  
Living life again!!!!!!!
 
Falcore's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Cheshire and glad to be here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 550
Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC immigration photos - PNP

Originally Posted by tim010
Got the photos sorted. Snappy Snaps did it for £6 for the four pics. I just asked to have a plain white background which they sorted out easily by just turning the curtain around. For reference the CIC photos are the same dimensions as standard UK passport photos.

Tim
Just check that, I think the outside dimensions are the same size but i'm sure the size they ask from chin to crown is smaller than a standard UK one.

Last edited by Falcore; Dec 1st 2009 at 12:24 am. Reason: Can't spell!
Falcore is offline  
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:46 am
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 449
tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CIC immigration photos - PNP

Originally Posted by Falcore
Just check that, I think the outside dimensions are the same size but i'm sure the size they ask from chin to crown is smaller than a standard UK one.
Good point. I just checked the dimensions from chin to crown and it is slightly over the limit of 30mm. Do you know how fussy they are in relation to this?

Tim
tim010 is offline  
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:54 am
  #7  
Living life again!!!!!!!
 
Falcore's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Cheshire and glad to be here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 550
Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC immigration photos - PNP

Originally Posted by tim010
Good point. I just checked the dimensions from chin to crown and it is slightly over the limit of 30mm. Do you know how fussy they are in relation to this?

Tim
Not got a clue i'm sorry. I just know about the sizes because we went to a photographer for the photos, she did some UK and some Canadian for us and there is a heck of a difference in the size of the heads
Falcore is offline  
Old Dec 1st 2009, 2:16 am
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 715
MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Default Re: CIC immigration photos - PNP

very fussy to the point that when you land they sometimes make people retake their photo's if they feel they are not the dimensions and spec......i would stay away from the photo booths, i looked into it and decided to go to a shop and have it done correctly as they may send the photo's backand ask for the correct size one's which may delay your application....
MR79 is offline  
Old Dec 1st 2009, 2:45 am
  #9  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 449
tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CIC immigration photos - PNP

Originally Posted by MR79
very fussy to the point that when you land they sometimes make people retake their photo's if they feel they are not the dimensions and spec......i would stay away from the photo booths, i looked into it and decided to go to a shop and have it done correctly as they may send the photo's backand ask for the correct size one's which may delay your application....
Well I just popped back down to Snappy Snaps and the boss there said the pictures would be fine for Visa purposes. He measured from chin to crown at exactly 30mm so hopefully they will be fine.

Tim
tim010 is offline  
Old Dec 1st 2009, 2:47 am
  #10  
Living life again!!!!!!!
 
Falcore's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Cheshire and glad to be here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 550
Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC immigration photos - PNP

Fingers crossed for you
Falcore is offline  
Old Dec 1st 2009, 2:57 am
  #11  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 449
tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future
Default Re: CIC immigration photos - PNP

Originally Posted by Falcore
Fingers crossed for you
Yeah it just seems that there are so many little things that can go wrong so I want to try my best to make sure everything is A ok. At least the application only requires half the paperwork than a FSW1 application as I am on the PNP scheme.

Tim
tim010 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.