CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Mar 15th 2012, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ramsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really nice
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Just for your information:

I took a walk down to the CIC office and waited around for a couple of hours.... Always a good feeling when both the Passport officer and the CIC lady say "Oooh I havent seen one of these new certificates yet!"

Anyways, there is apparently a glitch in the system for validating the new certificates when some people do not show-up or otherwise need their certificates cancelling. Other certificates will also be cancelled. They will get around to fixing them, but not within the 2 day timeframe!

Also.... CIC "fixed" my issue at their end and sent me back to the passport office.... "You're good to go now" he said.... I line up again at the Passport desk, this time to be told they now have no record of my certificate!!

It turns out that any updates at the CIC end take an overnight update to filter into the Passport Canada end of the system. They can delete your record immediatley, but the update will take a day.

So still no passport application.... try again tomorrow!

Nice to see they tested this system before rolling it out....

Last edited by Ramsey; Mar 15th 2012 at 5:51 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ollie3
Congrats!

Just wondering what your timeline was like. And has anyone else in the Vancouver area gone through a similar process recently? I applied in July 2011 and received the acknowledgement and booklet just five weeks later (couldn't believe it), but things seem to have stalled now and it still reads "Received" on the CIC website. Does anyone know what the timeline is like for the Vancouver area at the moment? The process seems much faster in Alberta and Ontario.
A friend of mine took the oath today here in Vancouver after applying in December 2010 and taking the test in December 2011.

I just got my photos done today and plan to send my application off in a couple of weeks' time
Old Mar 17th 2012, 5:46 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

CIC website would not accept our payment online so had to order forms from Sydney. They took almost 2 weeks to arrive. I took us days to fill out the forms as hubbie is a trucker and travellled across border every week.

Had photos taken before Christmas........... big mistake as they require photos taken in the past 3 months

So today we will go to the bank to pay our money, get our new photos done, wait until Monday for our friend to sign them and print off our up to date forms and mail them............................ We are over 55 so no test, but I have spoken to the Immigration Judge who says they will interview us and discuss what we have learned about Canada that makes us want to be Citizens of their fine country.

I will keep this updated. Good luck everyone
Old Apr 10th 2012, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Yasmina2005 will become famous soon enoughYasmina2005 will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by Yasmina2005
Application sent on April 10th, 2011 from Vancouver

Application received by CIC on April 14th, 2011

Acknowledgment Letter with Study Guide received on July 8th, 2011
  1. Application sent on April 10th, 2011 From Vancouver
  2. Application received by CIC on April 14th, 2011
  3. "Acknowledgment Letter with Study Guide" received on July 8th, 2011 (3 months btw sending application & receiving 1st letter)
  4. They started processing application on Feb 14, 2012 (as mentioned in Client Application Status)
  5. "Notice to appear for the Citizenship test" letter received on March 16th, 2012
  6. Test taken on the morning of April 5th, 2012 (3 weeks between the time I received the notice and the actual test).

Will post any updates in the future.

Last edited by Yasmina2005; Apr 10th 2012 at 7:53 am.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 2:35 pm
Banned

Ghayoor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mardyarse
I think its bizarre that one friend who lives in Ottawa applied May last year, tested July and heard nothing since. My other friend who lives in London, Ont applied June last year and did the test in September and ceremony November!!!
one of my friend applied from Dubai and he is still in pipe-line while Chris from Chile has been celebrated the ceremony. what a way!!
Old Apr 10th 2012, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Ollie3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tolga
a friend of mine applied in June 2011 and received his booklet in a few weeks. No updates after that.
Originally Posted by adele
A friend of mine took the oath today here in Vancouver after applying in December 2010 and taking the test in December 2011.

I just got my photos done today and plan to send my application off in a couple of weeks' time
Originally Posted by Yasmina2005
  1. Application sent on April 10th, 2011 From Vancouver
  2. Application received by CIC on April 14th, 2011
  3. "Acknowledgment Letter with Study Guide" received on July 8th, 2011 (3 months btw sending application & receiving 1st letter)
  4. They started processing application on Feb 14, 2012 (as mentioned in Client Application Status)
  5. "Notice to appear for the Citizenship test" letter received on March 16th, 2012
  6. Test taken on the morning of April 5th, 2012 (3 weeks between the time I received the notice and the actual test).

Will post any updates in the future.

Looks like the process takes roughly a year in Vancouver/BC, as opposed to 8 to 10 months in Alberta, Ontario and a few other places. Not fair, but hey ho. With any luck I should hear in just over a month's time.

Fingers crossed you get your date for the oath ceremony asap! Thanks.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 5:32 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't read too much into these timelines, mine took 16 months. Depends on how much staff they've got at any given time and where they decide to deploy them. e.g. http://www.northernlife.ca/news/loca...g-sudbury.aspx
Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Ollie3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just in case anyone in the Vancouver/BC area is interested, here's another timeline:

July 14, 2011
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship).

August 16, 2011
Received letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada.

April 12, 2012
We started processing your application.

Not sure how long after this they advise about the test date!
Old Apr 25th 2012, 11:51 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Similar to mine ( again slower in the Atlantic Provinces )

Applied December 1, 2010.
Started processing November 15, 2011.
File was transferred to the Moncton office on December 2, 2011.
Still waiting.
Took the test yesterday (24th April ) Results in a couple of weeks and next ceremony is June.

My test was a breeze, wife's was a nightmare ( I would have struggled with her test ) so it can be luck of the draw.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Took the test yesterday (24th April ) Results in a couple of weeks and next ceremony is June.
Yay! At last! Good luck to both of you, I'm sure you have both passed.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone have experience with residency questionaire stuff?

December my file was transferred from Sydney, NS to Moncton, NB when I only live an hour away from Halifax, NS (4 hours from Moncton) so I thought that was rather strange. Still do!

They asked me to complete a residency questionaire and send them buckets and buckets of documentation proving that I had lived here for the period expected.
So I sent the questionaire and a phone book size of documents to CIC in Moncton, NB a week later. There I was thinking that my file was actually on someones desk and all that they needed was this information and then they could make the decision. guess I was wrong because it has been over 4 months.

Dose anyone have experience with this? If so how long did you wait? I'v called them to confirm they've got the pack and they say they do. Does anyone know how long this extra step now takes them?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. It feels like life is on hold right now.

Cheers

Roxy
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:34 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Yay! At last! Good luck to both of you, I'm sure you have both passed.
Thanks Ann.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 3:13 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Well our letter of acknowledgement arrived this week, with our ID numbers to check the status. Well guess what the numbers don't work yet Time to sit back and wait the 19 months. Good luck all
Old Apr 27th 2012, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ramsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really nice

Try using your receipt number.....

Have found that not all of the ID options work when you try and get a status update.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 4:18 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Originally Posted by Ramsey
Try using your receipt number.....

Have found that not all of the ID options work when you try and get a status update.
Thanks, I did try all the numbers but nothing yet. At least we received letters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.