CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Dec 18th 2011, 2:22 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by Tangram
They seem to be quicker than out in the boonies anyway.
I think one of hurdles with "the boonies" is that CIC consolidates the applications. At least here on Vancouver Island that has been / is the case: The staff does all the prep work in Victoria and then travels up Island. At the North Island locations tests and ceremonies are held twice a year for roughly 50 new Canadians each. It's usually either same day or test one day and then the ceremony 24 hours later, I guess depending on availability of the locations?

I'd applied in December 2009 and just slipped past the deadline for the Fall 2010 ceremony (Citizenship certificate says October 2010...) and therefore had to wait another half a year for the CIC staff and Judge to come up again in May 2011.

Fingers crossed for all who are taking the test in the next couple of weeks!
Old Dec 18th 2011, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
We are about five days different from you guys! Calgary are going faster than I thought.

We applied 15th Feb 2011, got the acknowledgement and booklet about 13th March.

And have today received our letter - test (and hopefully, presuming we pass, the ceremony) on 23rd January.

Best get revising eh?
Glad they told you this. Never bothered to tell me that my file was transfered to Moncton. Sigh!
Old Dec 18th 2011, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lof
I think one of hurdles with "the boonies" is that CIC consolidates the applications. At least here on Vancouver Island that has been / is the case: The staff does all the prep work in Victoria and then travels up Island. At the North Island locations tests and ceremonies are held twice a year for roughly 50 new Canadians each. It's usually either same day or test one day and then the ceremony 24 hours later, I guess depending on availability of the locations?

I'd applied in December 2009 and just slipped past the deadline for the Fall 2010 ceremony (Citizenship certificate says October 2010...) and therefore had to wait another half a year for the CIC staff and Judge to come up again in May 2011.

Good luck!
Old Dec 19th 2011, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

MrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud of

Update on Calgary timeline. I mailed my application off this January. Finally got my test/ceremony date later to attend at the end off January 2012. I consider completing within 12 months a result!
Old Dec 20th 2011, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greenbwoy
Update on Calgary timeline. I mailed my application off this January. Finally got my test/ceremony date later to attend at the end off January 2012. I consider completing within 12 months a result!
Top news mate! Good luck!
Old Dec 21st 2011, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

MrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud of

Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised at how fast it was.
Old Dec 25th 2011, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised at how fast it was.
Well now, it has been just over 12 months since I applied. It seems that my file was transferred to Moncton, NB. I only found that out when CIC sent me a questionnaire that had to be filled in. They also asked for pretty much 3 years of T4's, Pay Stubs, Utility bills, credit card statements, letters from my employer, organisations I am connected with, mortgage/rental agreements and anything else that would help the citizenship Judge make a decision on my file. All the request info got tothem on Friday. Hopefully this has not slowed those grinding wheels and gears to much. Would be nice to sit the test in Jan.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Old Dec 26th 2011, 10:03 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lof

That's absolutely true. I applied back in 2010, was called for the citizenship test in March 2011 but couldn't make it due to business travel. They then called me again for July when we were on vacation to UK & I finally got to take the test in Sept. At the time the local CIC staff told me that they have to wait to get a critical mass of applicants together to run the tests, citizenship ceremony etc. Finally got to swear the oath on 13th December. Timeline for me is well over 18months, but partly my fault. Still. All done now!
Old Dec 27th 2011, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

bobhope is on a distinguished road

We applied Feb 2011 and have just had our date for the test and swearing in ceromony (obviously if the test is passed) Jan 27, 2012 at 8am in Calgary! Woo Hoo!
Old Dec 27th 2011, 4:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobhope
We applied Feb 2011 and have just had our date for the test and swearing in ceromony (obviously if the test is passed) Jan 27, 2012 at 8am in Calgary! Woo Hoo!
Ooh - you're the same day as Flossie & Jim. Good luck!
Old Dec 27th 2011, 5:06 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
When I did the citizenship test in Calgary, I got chatting with one of the women at the office there and was asking why it took so long and she said I should think myself lucky because it was only going to get worse. They used to do the test in the morning and the ceremony in the afternoon, she said they were just too rammed now to even contemplate doing it that way because there were too many people who failed (because of language difficulties must be because the test was piss easy), had to take it again and that just created more demand.

Also they've got no more staff and there are more and more people getting LPR status and then applying.
She was obviously talking a load of Baloney then because: .........

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Citizenship application sent: 20 February 2011
Acknowledgement and booklet: 15 March 2011
Just received notice to appear for citizenship test for Calgary: 27 January 2012.

It also says if we pass the test the ceremony will be held in the afternoon.

We are about five days different from you guys! Calgary are going faster than I thought.

We applied 15th Feb 2011, got the acknowledgement and booklet about 13th March.

And have today received our letter - test (and hopefully, presuming we pass, the ceremony) on 23rd January.

Best get revising eh?
Incidentally:
Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Psst! Perhaps you can tell us the answers
There are several different test versions, even on one day, so unlikely to be helpful .... hard luck!!
Old Dec 28th 2011, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Same date/time as mine!
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

The ann m family were sworn in today - another milestone.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

Congratumalations!!!!

We are hoping that the Chookie family will be sometime in the summer.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 1:25 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations !

(was the test bit hard and did you get a tasty Mountie?)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.