CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Dec 14th 2010, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Britsrus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

My Citizenship Application experience:

Application was sent August, 2009.
Processing started on February, 2010. (received my study guide)
Received notice of Test for Dec 13, 2010 on Nov 29, 2010.
Citizenship ceremony was on the same day as test - about 1.5 hrs after (for all those who passed of course).

This must be a relatively new process in Calgary as my understanding was before now, you took the test one day, then waiting for a number of weeks before they announced the ceremony date. I`m a big fan of the new process

Oh, and another thing. I was witness to an `intervention`in the test. A bloke from China (who clearly could barely speak or read any English) was cheating and asking his family for help on the test. He was hidden from the examiners by a wall, and would have gotten away with it but a South Africa chap caught him and told him that was unacceptable. Although the authorities were not aware, he kept a close eye on the cheater who glared back madly, but was clearly now struggling. In the end, this person ended up failing his test and was not present at the ceremony.. good thing - that restored my faith a bit in the process.

Now I`m off to get a passport.....
Old Dec 16th 2010, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britsrus
My Citizenship Application experience:

Application was sent August, 2009.
Processing started on February, 2010. (received my study guide)
Received notice of Test for Dec 13, 2010 on Nov 29, 2010.
Citizenship ceremony was on the same day as test - about 1.5 hrs after (for all those who passed of course).

This must be a relatively new process in Calgary as my understanding was before now, you took the test one day, then waiting for a number of weeks before they announced the ceremony date. I`m a big fan of the new process

Oh, and another thing. I was witness to an `intervention`in the test. A bloke from China (who clearly could barely speak or read any English) was cheating and asking his family for help on the test. He was hidden from the examiners by a wall, and would have gotten away with it but a South Africa chap caught him and told him that was unacceptable. Although the authorities were not aware, he kept a close eye on the cheater who glared back madly, but was clearly now struggling. In the end, this person ended up failing his test and was not present at the ceremony.. good thing - that restored my faith a bit in the process.

Now I`m off to get a passport.....
Congrats and welldone mate.

Roxy
Old Dec 16th 2010, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

dbennett9 is an unknown quantity at this point

My Time line

Application recieved in NS: Feb 2010
REceived Disco Canada book: Cant quite remember

Recieved Letter from CIC: 15th Dec 2010....
(Was only my original docs being returned tho, )

Status says in progress

Based on others timelines I expect to be seeing something soon

db
Old Dec 16th 2010, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Wawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wawa
Further to this earlier post of mine, guess what! Naturally while on holiday my letter came to say my oath ceremony date had been set for Nov 24, and if I did not attend I would have to RE-APPLY or somehow satisfy the judge that I had a reasonably good excuse for missing it. So my citizenship saga continues...should have known it is just my luck, working in N. America and getting 10 days annual leave and my ceremony HAS to fall within that period. Grrr....
So on my return from my much needed vacation, I wrote a really nice letter to the Citizenship Judge and explained how I had been on holiday and enclosed tickets, passport pages (stamps) and anything else that would help my cause. I settled back to await a reply, thinking months. Before I knew it I had a reply, within days, to give me my new Oath Ceremony date, Dec 20th. What a Xmas present So it will have taken, all in all, 1year and 9 months.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Budgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really nice

A quick update from us:

Sent Citizenship Application late August 2010.

Just received study booklet and acknowledgement letter dated 30 November today.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of

Anyone know if the Edmonton office is offering the ceremony the same day? The letter we received regarding our citizenship tests didn't mention the ceremony...
Old Dec 18th 2010, 3:12 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabrol
Anyone know if the Edmonton office is offering the ceremony the same day? The letter we received regarding our citizenship tests didn't mention the ceremony...
I think they'd have said if it was the same day. Just did ours in Calgary.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 5:49 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

At last the final hurdle is in sight: our Oath taking ceremony is scheduled for the 6th of January.

Now where did I put my Maple Leaf T-shirt?
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Tolga is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone who applied in January 2010 heard back? I haven't heard anything since my acknowledgment letter.
Old Dec 29th 2010, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you CIC Mississauga
Applied June 2009
Study booklet sent Jan 2010
Exam declined in Halifax (because we had moved to Ontario) Aug 2010
Exam in Mississauga Dec 2nd 2010.
Ceremony set for January 5th 2011.

Only found out just now about the date, as I was randomly checking stuff online. I'm one happy bunny
Old Dec 29th 2010, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Wawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tuppence
Thank you CIC Mississauga
Applied June 2009
Study booklet sent Jan 2010
Exam declined in Halifax (because we had moved to Ontario) Aug 2010
Exam in Mississauga Dec 2nd 2010.
Ceremony set for January 5th 2011.

Only found out just now about the date, as I was randomly checking stuff online. I'm one happy bunny
Hi Tuppence, and congrats! I had my ceremony in Mississauga on Dec 20th and it was a very moving and interesting ceremony. There were over 100 people from all over the world and everyone had their photos taken with the judge, proudly displaying their citizenship certificate. I was the only Brit! Took just over 3 hours all in all, just to warn you.

Congratulations!
Old Jan 5th 2011, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of

i sent my forms in at the end of September 2010. i logged on today to change my address and it is showing the my application has been received and is in process..

so that's not bad.. hopefully the rest will be as quick.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 9:12 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

All done and dusted. Oath done and anthem sung. Not a bad little ceremony.
Attached Thumbnails CIC Citizenship timelines-jan-6th-2011.jpg  

Last edited by Madmac; Jan 6th 2011 at 9:20 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 12:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madmac
Very smart sir! Congrats.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Madmac
Congrats! Nice photo. I agree, not a bad ceremony at all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.