CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Jun 16th 2010, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by ibbye13
Hi

Application sent in Dec 09. No acknowledgement letter. First thing I got from CIC London via post was a letter requesting medical requests for all of us and to pay the RPRF fee in March 2010. Then passport requests first week of June 2010.
That's permanent residency, not citizenship - VERY different things.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

capillano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ibbye13
Hi

Application sent in Dec 09. No acknowledgement letter. First thing I got from CIC London via post was a letter requesting medical requests for all of us and to pay the RPRF fee in March 2010. Then passport requests first week of June 2010.
I am surprised that your application took only 6 months. Did you apply for Skilled Worker Program or a different one.

Mine took 3yrs to process! yes in London UK!

Could it be the long queues have dried up and not many people in the UK are keen on moving to Canada due to lack of job prospects here and a higher cost of living compared to the UK.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mike Gas
Hi just found this thread so will add are Citizenship Timeline
Application sent to Sydney August 15 2009 3 Adults 1 Child
Confirmation returned with Discover Canada book dated 28 January 2010 although not received untill March 3
Still not on e-cass 16 May 2010

So when should I expect to be on the e-cass system?
Just received notice that we have are tests on 4 August
Old Jun 25th 2010, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

I took my test this morning and had the ceremony this afternoon in Ottawa. So nice to have it all wrapped up on the same day.

I must say that I'm feeling all rather pleased with myself this evening. I'm a Canadian citizen!
Old Jun 25th 2010, 4:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stepnek
I took my test this morning and had the ceremony this afternoon in Ottawa. So nice to have it all wrapped up on the same day.

I must say that I'm feeling all rather pleased with myself this evening. I'm a Canadian citizen!
Congrats Stephen, eh?
Old Jun 25th 2010, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that's good, congrats. Here (NS) you seem to have to wait about five months after the test, before you gate a ceremony date.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Congrats Stephen, eh?
Thanks Ann. And you know what? I didn't hear that word mentioned once in the ceremony. I was very disappointed!

As an aside it was quite fascinating to hear the judge mention that the 60 applicants yesterday came from 31 different countries.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tuppence
Wow that's good, congrats. Here (NS) you seem to have to wait about five months after the test, before you gate a ceremony date.
Thank you.

I applied along with my daughter and half way through the process she moved to Edmonton. She had her test about two months ago and I thought that she was going to beat me to it. But alas she's still waiting for the ceremony so is a little ticked off at me right now.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you.

I applied along with my daughter and half way through the process she moved to Edmonton. She had her test about two months ago and I thought that she was going to beat me to it. But alas she's still waiting for the ceremony so is a little ticked off at me right now.
I'm sure our provincial move is going to bugger us up too. Hubby goes to Ontario this weekend, and it's been 13 months since we applied, so I'm fully expecting a letter in today's mail telling us to sit our tests in two weeks time in Halifax.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 5:48 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tuppence
I'm sure our provincial move is going to bugger us up too. Hubby goes to Ontario this weekend, and it's been 13 months since we applied, so I'm fully expecting a letter in today's mail telling us to sit our tests in two weeks time in Halifax.
On his own? You wanna watch him. He'll be carousing with dbd, Nov et al. It'll sure to end in tears.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
On his own? You wanna watch him. He'll be carousing with dbd, Nov et al. It'll sure to end in tears.
Yeah, on his own until I get my finger out and get a job, or the house sells. I don't envy his 20 hour drive to get there, but at least we are flying the cats up and he doesn't have those (or a toddler) in the back all the way moaning
Old Jun 25th 2010, 5:52 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I doubt that he'll have time, what with all that pounding up and down the Gardiner, but he has only to mention "beer".
Old Jun 25th 2010, 6:31 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I doubt that he'll have time, what with all that pounding up and down the Gardiner, but he has only to mention "beer".
I wondered why you were posting on this thread.

SAW is more than welcome to carousals over beer any time. As indeed Tuppence will be when she gets here. Good luck with rest of the move.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I wondered why you were posting on this thread.

SAW is more than welcome to carousals over beer any time. As indeed Tuppence will be when she gets here. Good luck with rest of the move.
Thanks so much. Hopefully we will all be there very soon
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 6:04 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Assimilation complete ... we found out today we passed our Citizenship tests, (ceremony in just under 2 weeks) I know most peeps on here say it's easy but I had a couple of questions I didn't have a clue about ~ s'pose that's what I get for knowing the online test back to front, but not studying the book woohooo for us tho eh? It's been a bit of a slog to say the least!!

Last edited by bananahammock; Jul 3rd 2010 at 6:06 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.