CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Mar 18th 2015, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

MissyDan will become famous soon enoughMissyDan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by Twitcher1958
We had acknowledgement letters 3 months after sending last June. So I wouldn't be surprised that you haven't heard yet.
Thank you for your reply!

Phew.... that is a relief.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute

well... that was faster than I expected.

Application sent in Sep 29 2014
Processing started Nov 13 2014 - received letter early January 2015 (cant remember exactly) with book advising possible 2 year wait......
so didnt bother reading the book.

Notice for testing recd Feb 12 2015
Tested on Mar 12 2015 in Kelowna, i was 18/20 and the OH was 20/20
Ceremony to be April 21st 2015 (just waiting the invite letter but offered a ceremony in Vancouver when we were tested - which was nice)

so all in from the application being sent in its less than 7 months to get Citizenship completed and about 5 months from when CIC started processing it.

Last edited by 4d32ftw; Mar 20th 2015 at 8:30 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 10:55 pm
Permanent resident

murrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nice

Originally Posted by 4d32ftw
well... that was faster than I expected.

Application sent in Sep 29 2014
Processing started Nov 13 2014 - received letter early January 2015 (cant remember exactly) with book advising possible 2 year wait......
so didnt bother reading the book.

Notice for testing recd Feb 12 2015
Tested on Mar 12 2015 in Kelowna, i was 18/20 and the OH was 20/20
Ceremony to be April 21st 2015 (just waiting the invite letter but offered a ceremony in Vancouver when we were tested - which was nice)

so all in from the application being sent in its less than 7 months to get Citizenship completed and about 5 months from when CIC started processing it.
Wow that fabulously quick..congrats..which province are you in?
Old Mar 21st 2015, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by murrin
Wow that fabulously quick..congrats..which province are you in?
We're in BC. And it was def fast. So fast we applied for new pr cards at the same time and the wife's arrived the week of the test !
Old Mar 21st 2015, 3:41 am
Permanent resident

murrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nice

Originally Posted by 4d32ftw
We're in BC. And it was def fast. So fast we applied for new pr cards at the same time and the wife's arrived the week of the test !
Thankyou. .I wonder how long Alberta applications are taking?
Did you send your applications to Sydney Nova Scotia?
Old Mar 21st 2015, 3:51 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by murrin
Thankyou. .I wonder how long Alberta applications are taking?
Did you send your applications to Sydney Nova Scotia?
All citizenship applications go to Sydney,
Old Mar 21st 2015, 3:55 am
Permanent resident

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

All citizenship applications go to Sydney,
I see..thankyou.
Do you happen to know or understand their system ..why would Bc applications be getting processed faster?
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light

Hi folks, I see on this thread that some people state that they rang CIC. What number are you guys using? I have never been able to get through to CIC.

My application for Citizenship story is a miserable one, so if you are looking for a timeline estimate then you should look away now.

I applied in October 2012,
They started processing in March 2013
I was invitied for my Citizenship test in Jan 2014 (I passed)
I then was asked for an RFI which I completed in Feb
Have not heard anything since

I am currently penning a letter for CIC, and I may also think of copying in the Immigration Minister. I might not be a Citizen but I have been paying my taxes for 6 years now so I think that I am entitled to ask that person to do something for me.

Anyone have any good advice for this situation. I feel like my file was on the edge of a desk somewhere and fell into the trash.

Or perhaps my file is somewhere in the church on the last episode of 'Lost'.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonhatter
Hi folks, I see on this thread that some people state that they rang CIC. What number are you guys using? I have never been able to get through to CIC.

My application for Citizenship story is a miserable one, so if you are looking for a timeline estimate then you should look away now.

I applied in October 2012,
They started processing in March 2013
I was invitied for my Citizenship test in Jan 2014 (I passed)
I then was asked for an RFI which I completed in Feb
Have not heard anything since

I am currently penning a letter for CIC, and I may also think of copying in the Immigration Minister. I might not be a Citizen but I have been paying my taxes for 6 years now so I think that I am entitled to ask that person to do something for me.

Anyone have any good advice for this situation. I feel like my file was on the edge of a desk somewhere and fell into the trash.

Or perhaps my file is somewhere in the church on the last episode of 'Lost'.
I know exactly how you feel. I applied in 2010. I became a citizen last month. You just got to keep calling until you get through. Good luck.

Roxy
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

flexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond repute

Applied Sept 2014, just got back from taking the test. 19/20.
Had my documents checked and now will wait for the ceremony date to come through.

Question - I see some folks are asked to fill out residence questionnaires etc. since I'm done the testing today, is there possibility they would still ask for more from Me or I'm right in assuming it's wait for the Oath day?
Old Mar 24th 2015, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Citizenship application December 2013. Citizenship Test today, March 23, 2015.
Calgary, Alberta.

Poppit
Old Mar 24th 2015, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light

Well I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but my Request For Information did actually come after I passed my Test. I think that mine was unusual though.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 2:40 am
Just Joined

japper is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in Alberta - we applied Dec 2013, started processing March 2014, did the test in March 2015, just waiting to hear about dates for the ceremony.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

flexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonhatter
Well I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but my Request For Information did actually come after I passed my Test. I think that mine was unusual though.
did it delay you?
Old Mar 27th 2015, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Well.... blow me down.... I sent my complaining letter off this morning at 10am. At 11am CIC called me and told me that my application had been approved and that I just needed to wait for my letter to invite be to the ceremony.

Obviously the two events are not connected but maybe the CIC have NSA like resources... hmmmm.

Its been 14 months since I heard anything about my application. Thats some coincidence

Anyway... Chuffed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.