CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Feb 16th 2015, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Hahahaha!
Old Feb 16th 2015, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Halifax Ceremony update for the 16th of February 2015.

I just called the CIC call Centre. They said that as of now (8:30am) there is no cancelations. It would be very irresponsible for them to cancel right now as the first ceremony of today is in 30 minutes (9am).

Safe journey to all traveling in to Halifax today.

Roxy
Old Feb 16th 2015, 11:39 am
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. Wtf.
Old Feb 16th 2015, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

brit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud of
Default Re: URGENT CIC Storm Closures

Originally Posted by wbexpat
Im already considering send them a blank white piece of paper marked "This is all I can see out of the window". And it would be fairly accurate.
Hi

Lol! Wish you a safe journey although its inconvenient I think its best to try & get it out the way.

Good luck & Congrats!
Old Feb 17th 2015, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

All done! I am Canadian. The ceremony was lovely. Halifax roads were horrible but 50 of us made it. Passport time.
Old Feb 17th 2015, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

brit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud of

Well done Roxye glad you made it safely
Old Feb 17th 2015, 1:30 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxye3
All done! I am Canadian. The ceremony was lovely. Halifax roads were horrible but 50 of us made it. Passport time.
A true Canadian getting there in the snow and blizzard conditions.

Congrats
Old Feb 18th 2015, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you all! Also congrats to wbexpat. he was at the ceremony with his Family too and congrats to AllyCat. He did his on Tuesday! BAM!
Old Feb 19th 2015, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Completed the Citizenship tests today in Edmonton. I got 20/20 and the wife got 18/20 so both comfortably passed. I found my test 'very' easy however my wife said she had quite a few difficult questions including lots of questions on famous people.

Had a quick interview after where they checked over all the paperwork and told us we should get notified of our Ceremony in the next 2-4 months.

Tim
Old Feb 20th 2015, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Congrats Tim?
Old Feb 20th 2015, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tim010
Completed the Citizenship tests today in Edmonton. I got 20/20 and the wife got 18/20 so both comfortably passed. I found my test 'very' easy however my wife said she had quite a few difficult questions including lots of questions on famous people.
As I understand it, each person gets a random selection out of a few hundred possible questions, so you can be lucky and get all the easy ones, or unlucky and get all the hard ones.

Oh, yeah, and well done .
Old Feb 20th 2015, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

TODAY... I said a final but emotional farewell to the Online Application Status Page on CIC's website. For 4 years I checked this hoping, wishing and willing quick change. Today it finally shows as complete. Goodbye O.A.S. You will not be missed as I delete you from my favourites in my browser. Goodbye as I smile.

Citizenship

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 13, 2010.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 13, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on November 23, 2011.

4. Your file was transferred to the Halifax office on December 9, 2011. The Halifax office will contact you if additional information is required. The Halifax office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

5. We sent you a letter on December 12, 2011. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

6. We sent you a notice on May 9, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

7. You became a Canadian citizen on February 16, 2015.
Old Feb 21st 2015, 12:39 am
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxye3
TODAY... I said a final but emotional farewell to the Online Application Status Page on CIC's website. For 4 years I checked this hoping, wishing and willing quick change. Today it finally shows as complete. Goodbye O.A.S. You will not be missed as I delete you from my favourites in my browser. Goodbye as I smile.

Citizenship

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 13, 2010.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 13, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on November 23, 2011.

4. Your file was transferred to the Halifax office on December 9, 2011. The Halifax office will contact you if additional information is required. The Halifax office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

5. We sent you a letter on December 12, 2011. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

6. We sent you a notice on May 9, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

7. You became a Canadian citizen on February 16, 2015.
Congrats Rox & everyone who made it through.
Here's my timeline, for posterity.

Various 2006 Visitied Canada on business , thought "thats for me"
Oct 2007 Reccy visit #1 to NS
Nov 2007 Reccy visit #1 to NS
Jan 2008 Job offer from NSAC, applied WP
Mar 2008 Arrived on WP
Jun 2008 Canned by NSAC. Dicks. Their loss.
Aug 2008 New Job offer in Halifax. WP via St.Stephen NB flagpole (Thank CIC Halifax)
Sep 2008 PR applied for
Dec 2008 Call for medical
Jan 2009 Medical
Feb 2009 Repeat medical (shouldnt have had that double double on the way to urine test)
Jun 2009 PR
Oct 2013 Citz applied for
Dec 2013 Application returned (no printers stmap on photos)
Feb 2014 Applied for again
Apr 2014 Application returned (fees had gone up in meantime, so incorrect fees grr)
May 2014 Applied AGAIN
Sep 2014 Asked for fingerprints (someone with same name on police file)
Oct 2014 Asked for fingerprints AGAIN (some cockup)
Dec 2014 Call for citz exam
Jan 2015 Citz exam
Feb 2015 Citz ceremony

Heartfelt thanks to Roxy who talked us through the last few hours and the drive down to Halifax. He was our eyes and ears down there re road conditions and ceremony proceedings. CIC didnt give bad weather protocol so we didnt know what to do.

Just need to get passport now and then Im done filling in forms. Huzzah!!!!

Last edited by wbexpat; Feb 21st 2015 at 12:41 am.
Old Feb 21st 2015, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

charlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond repute

We also had our ceremony recently, on Friday the 13th February (of all the days!) here in Victoria, BC.

My husband already has his Canadian passport, he had to get one in 24 hours, as he had a last minute work trip to New Zealand, and left on Thursday....as a Canadian!
Old Feb 24th 2015, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Received letter for Citizenship Test in Calgary today. Applied December 2013, test date March 23, 2015. One step nearer!

Poppit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.