CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Feb 1st 2015, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Thank you both! I'm getting my kilt ready.
This will be the second oath I have taken to Her Maj' � ����.
Completely honoured.

Good luck, Feralbob! � ����

Roxy � ����� ����
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

This is my timeline from beginning to end!

CIC Office: Halifax, N.S.

December 2010: Sent off application to Sydney, N.S.
February 2010: Received book
December 2011: File transferred to the Halifax, N.S.
November 2011: Started Processing application
December 2011: File transferred to Moncton, N.B.
December 2011: Requested more information and RQ
April 2012: File Transferred back to Halifax
June 2014: Citizenship Test, Halifax, N.S.
November 2014: File Transferred to Montreal, QU.
January 2015: File reviewed again.
February 2015: File transferred back to Halifax.
February 2015: Oath Ceremony in Halifax, N.S.

4 years and 2 Months.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

feralbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by feralbob
Mailed application 17th Nov 2014, arrived in Sydney 19th Nov.
Started processing 27th Jan according to ECAS - although nothing from CIC yet

Location PEI
Jan 30th Transferred to Halifax again according to ECAS, no word from CIC directly
Old Feb 8th 2015, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by feralbob
Jan 30th Transferred to Halifax again according to ECAS, no word from CIC directly
That is good if you are in Nova Scotia. They can start going over your I formation. Good luck Bob.

Roxy
Old Feb 9th 2015, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Roxy, my oath was cancelled due to the weather, been rebooked in for the 17th Feb!! � ����
Old Feb 9th 2015, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by allycat231
Congrats Roxy, my oath was cancelled due to the weather, been rebooked in for the 17th Feb!! ������
Alright Allycat!

Sorry to hear that, mate. Glad you are booked in. Hope the whether behaves next Monday! I just sent you a private message!

Roxy
Old Feb 11th 2015, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Applied Jan 2014 and just got a 2 week notice for the Citizenship test on Feb 19th in Edmonton. Any tips for the exam, we've been reading the study guide and doing lots of practice tests with good marks!

Tim
Old Feb 11th 2015, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tim010
Applied Jan 2014 and just got a 2 week notice for the Citizenship test on Feb 19th in Edmonton. Any tips for the exam, we've been reading the study guide and doing lots of practice tests with good marks!

Tim
Good luck, Tim! Other than reading the Study guide I down loaded an app to my phone to quiz myself up until the day of the test. Kept my mind focused and on the prize. I also listened to the Study Guide MP3 while cooking or working. It was nice to have someone else read it to me. My score was 20 out of 20.

Good luck.

Roxy.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Tim010. We submitted our application early Dec 2013, and are still waiting :-(. We are in Calgary so maybe they are a little slower.

Poppit
Old Feb 13th 2015, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh jeeze Allycat. Think this Sunday storm will scrww up my ceremony on Monday. Fingers crossed.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Poppit
Congrats Tim010. We submitted our application early Dec 2013, and are still waiting :-(. We are in Calgary so maybe they are a little slower.

Poppit

This is what I was wondering - what is the Calgary office like regards processing applications?
Old Feb 16th 2015, 12:05 am
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default URGENT CIC Storm Closures

Sorry about this gang but Im hoping someone's got some advice.

Got citz aoth ceremony tomorrow in Halifax. yay me.
Problem is the 2 foot of snow between, well, everything.
So chances of getting to Halifax tomorrow for ceremony are low.

1-888 number (call centre) is useless. Nobody answering.
No phone number for CIC Halifax.
No protocol for what to do in bad weather.
No storm closure hotline or web page.

Options:
Dig everything out and nurse the family to Halifax in the dangerous conditions?
Spew it and call and tell them we couldnt make it.

Problems:
Says here if we no-show it will count as an abandonment.
If we do make the joiurney and the offices are closed then we've risked life and limb for nothing.

If anyone has any experience of storm closures in federal offices, particularly CIC halifax, or anywhere or knows of the process or storm line or anything please reply to the thread.
Im digging out now but Im not going to be a happy camper if I get all the way to Halifax and find them closed.
Old Feb 16th 2015, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

leecyndisanders is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tim010

Tim
Your studying and practice tests are the best advice, if you can pass them you'll be fine
Old Feb 16th 2015, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: URGENT CIC Storm Closures

Originally Posted by wbexpat
Sorry about this gang but Im hoping someone's got some advice.

Got citz aoth ceremony tomorrow in Halifax. yay me.
Problem is the 2 foot of snow between, well, everything.
So chances of getting to Halifax tomorrow for ceremony are low.

1-888 number (call centre) is useless. Nobody answering.
No phone number for CIC Halifax.
No protocol for what to do in bad weather.
No storm closure hotline or web page.

Options:
Dig everything out and nurse the family to Halifax in the dangerous conditions?
Spew it and call and tell them we couldnt make it.

Problems:
Says here if we no-show it will count as an abandonment.
If we do make the joiurney and the offices are closed then we've risked life and limb for nothing.

If anyone has any experience of storm closures in federal offices, particularly CIC halifax, or anywhere or knows of the process or storm line or anything please reply to the thread.
Im digging out now but Im not going to be a happy camper if I get all the way to Halifax and find them closed.
Just unboxed you, mate. CIC have really let me down on this one. If they run ceremonies tomorrow I will go. I came and crashed at a friends gaff to avoid the drive from the Valley. If you cannot make it they want it in writing as to why. They'll understand and reschedule your family. Not sure how long they will take though.

Roxy
Old Feb 16th 2015, 3:55 am
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT CIC Storm Closures

Originally Posted by roxye3
Just unboxed you, mate. CIC have really let me down on this one. If they run ceremonies tomorrow I will go. I came and crashed at a friends gaff to avoid the drive from the Valley. If you cannot make it they want it in writing as to why. They'll understand and reschedule your family. Not sure how long they will take though.

Roxy

Im already considering send them a blank white piece of paper marked "This is all I can see out of the window". And it would be fairly accurate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.