CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Jan 15th 2015, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by Photoplex
Oh... I waited a year and a half after the letter and booklet before I heard anything, and that was to attend the test.

It's all happening faster now I believe.
I hope you're right....

If anyone else knows of anything please let me know!
Old Jan 15th 2015, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by allycat231
Yay finally got my date for my citizenship ceremony, Jan 27th!! in Halifax, Roxy any news for you?
Congrats Allycat. I saw there was a ceremony on the 27th. Here is hoping. I have been checking online but nothing yet. Will keep you posted, mate, but this is great news. I am very happy for you. Are you doing the Morning or afternoon ceremony? Also did you get word by going online or was it the letter? Trying to figure out what they do first. Update online or letter. My test letter came before they bothered to update it online.

Roxy

Last edited by roxye3; Jan 15th 2015 at 8:29 am.
Old Jan 15th 2015, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zongzong
Did you get any update prior to receiving your invitation?
I had a phone call asking some questions on my credit card purchases on the statements i provided that was back in November
Old Jan 15th 2015, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxye3
Congrats Allycat. I saw there was a ceremony on the 27th. Here is hoping. I have been checking online but nothing yet. Will keep you posted, mate, but this is great news. I am very happy for you. Are you doing the Morning or afternoon ceremony? Also did you get word by going online or was it the letter? Trying to figure out what they do first. Update online or letter. My test letter came before they bothered to update it online.

Roxy
My ceremony is at 9am and i received a letter informing me of my date.
Old Jan 15th 2015, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW! That is weird but I guess that is what it is! HAHA! Talk about fine tooth comb! Fair enough. No letter for me as of yet or phone calls. I think they just hate me for all the slagging off I do towards CIC in this Forum. HAHA! I will keep you posted, mate!
Old Jan 19th 2015, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

zongzong is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally got my invitation last Friday after a 3 months waiting period. My date is Feb 2 at 1:30pm.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great news Zongzong!
Old Jan 19th 2015, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

UPDATE: I called the CIC Call Centre today. Turns out that my application was sent to Montreal so that my Residency Questionaire could be reviewed once again. They confirmed that it was reviewed on the 8th of January and that they are just waiting on a decision now. Fingers crossed that this will come soon! :P
Old Jan 26th 2015, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by allycat231
My ceremony is at 9am and i received a letter informing me of my date.
Well, Allycat... It has been 18 days since CIC reviewed my RQ and they still have not advised me on their decision so it looks like I will not be joining you tomorrow at the Citizenship ceremony in Halifax. I wanted to take this opportunity wish you the best for tomorrow!! I hope this storm does not get in the way! If it does then I am sure they'll do it the next day but either way.. ROCK IT!

Warm wishes from the Valley!

Roxy
Old Jan 26th 2015, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

charlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond repute

Finally we have been called for our citizenship ceremony. Our timeline is-
March 2012 sent off application
May 2012 received book
July 2014 Sat test in Victoria and passed
Oct 2014 given ceremony date but unable to attend as 18 year old was in Europe travelling (had told them this information at the time of the test)
Friday 13 Feb- Ceremony......maybe an appropriate day and date after the length of time it has taken us.

PHEW
Old Jan 26th 2015, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Congrats Charlottyb! That is great news! I spoke to CIC about an hour ago. They informed me that I am "in queue to be scheduled!" I guess that is good! Now to wait for the date!
Old Jan 30th 2015, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

FINALLY!

I report to become Canadian on the 16th of February! Phew! Happy Days!
Old Jan 30th 2015, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

charlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond repute

Yippee Roxy! Great news.
Congratulations
Old Jan 30th 2015, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

retrobloke is on a distinguished road

Great news Roxy, its been a long road.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

feralbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond reputeferalbob has a reputation beyond repute

Mailed application 17th Nov 2014, arrived in Sydney 19th Nov.
Started processing 27th Jan according to ECAS - although nothing from CIC yet

Location PEI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.