CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Dec 5th 2014, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Had a call yesterday from the citizenship office in halifax, asking a few questions on my file. Hopefully I'll get my date soon! Sorry to hear roxye on what a nightmare you're going through!! ������
Old Dec 5th 2014, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

I was requested post citizenship test to provide entry and exits records from the UK, due to extensive travel for business. I sent them in on Oct 10th. I called the cic officer dealing with my case on Dec 2nd to see if they we're going to progress my file to ceremony. The response I got was my clerk hadn't reviewed the documents you submitted, Charming, only 8 weeks have passed!
Old Dec 5th 2014, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Photoplex
Have you submitted a FOIP request to see your file? A few years ago with my PR application (following PNP) my application seemingly got "stuck" in the system for a long time and nobody could tell me why. Learned I could submit a FOIP request (or something similarly named) to see my file. A few weeks later my file transcript came back that detailed every action and person who had touched or dealt with my case. It was useful, and miraculously my case suddenly started to move again shortly afterwards.
Thank you Photoplex. Will look into that.
Old Dec 5th 2014, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by allycat231
Had a call yesterday from the citizenship office in halifax, asking a few questions on my file. Hopefully I'll get my date soon! Sorry to hear roxye on what a nightmare you're going through!! ������
Thanks Allcat. Fingers crossed for you mate!
Old Dec 5th 2014, 7:42 pm
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Photoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxye3
Thank you Photoplex. Will look into that.
I trawled through my old emails from the time and found the information they sent to make the request:

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting the Call Centre. I am pleased to provide you with the requested information:

The purpose of the Privacy Act is to ensure the protection of your personal information. The Access to Information Act gives you the right to access that information. You can also allow Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to give your personal information to someone of your choice by providing a written authorization.

The Access to Information and Personal Information Request (IMM 5563) form allows Canadian citizens, permanent residents and anyone physically present inside Canada to ask for information. With the form you have to include a *$5 payment in the form of:

· a cheque made payable to the Receiver General for Canada; or
· a money order made payable to the Receiver General for Canada.

If you are asking for personal information that is not your own, you must include:

an Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual Form (IMM 5475); or
if that person is **deceased, proof that you are the lawful executor.
The form is available on our Web site. You can fill it out on-line and print it or fill it out by hand.
Send your information request to:

Public Rights Administration
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th floor
Ottawa, ON
K1A 1L1

Please note that some information might not be provided for security purposes.

* This will entitle you to five hours of search and preparation time. You may be asked to pay an additional amount later.
** This only applies if the person has been deceased for less than 20 years. In the case where the person died more than 20 years ago, you will need to submit documentary evidence like a death certificate.

The Internet links below will provide you with more detailed information:

Description: Access to Information and Personal Information Request
Address: Access to Information and Personal Information Request Form (IMM�5563)

Description: Release of Information to an Individual
Address: Release of Information to an Individual

Description: Access to Information and Privacy at CIC
Address: How to make a request under the Access to Information Act

Description: FAQs - Access to Information and Privacy at CIC
Address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/faq.asp
Old Dec 5th 2014, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scottymallo
I was requested post citizenship test to provide entry and exits records from the UK, due to extensive travel for business. I sent them in on Oct 10th. I called the cic officer dealing with my case on Dec 2nd to see if they we're going to progress my file to ceremony. The response I got was my clerk hadn't reviewed the documents you submitted, Charming, only 8 weeks have passed!
Hi Scottmallo. Yeah I feel that pain. After the test the CIC official asked me about stamps that were not declared in my passport (My fault) compared to my Residency Questionaire (RQ). I politely pointed to the photo copied passport pages that I had sent them 2 years prior with my RQ and asked her why this was not discussed with me two years, 1 year or even 6 months ago? I am 100% certain that if instead of ignoring the information they ask for (and that we spend time to collect and send to them at their request) the system would be quicker and smoother. This has become a nightmare for me. Funny thing is it was a simple misunderstanding. I had the correct information to them that same day. 6 months later here I am! YAY for Quality Assurance!

I found this....

Quality Assurance Program

Our quality assurance program randomly selects applications for a "special review." If selected you will be asked to attend an interview with a Citizenship and Immigration official so that we can:

verify the documentation you submitted is accurate,
verify that your application has been completed properly.
Note: You will be notified in writing should your application be selected.

Guess someone forgot to notify me in writing. SHOCK! SHOCK! HORROR! A government branch not being accountable and transparent! Imagine that!
Old Dec 5th 2014, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Hi Roxy,
Im going to wait until February and if no progress, I will withdraw my application and reapply, unfortunately due to my own eagerness I applied with only 1105 days in County giving only 10 for error, I should have waited longer, I couldn't remember 100% all my travel dates and gave the info to the best of my knowledge. If I submit a new application I will be in a much improved position with only being out of the country for approx 50 days since end of 2011. I'm.coming up to 2 years now, cannot believe how long your process has taken, silver lining you may make the guiness book
of records

Last edited by scottymallo; Dec 5th 2014 at 8:47 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2014, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scottymallo
Hi Roxy,
Im going to wait until February and if no progress, I will withdraw my application and reapply, unfortunately due to my own eagerness I applied with only 1105 days in County giving only 10 for error, I should have waited longer, I couldn't remember 100% all my travel dates and gave the info to the best of my knowledge. If I submit a new application I will be in a much improved position with only being out of the country for approx 50 days since end of 2011. I'm.coming up to 2 years now, cannot believe how long your process has taken, silver lining you may make the guiness book
of records
I love that book. HAHA! But yeah withdrawing after 4 years would be a major waste of my time. As tempted as I am to withdraw I realise it would be out of anger despite myself.
Old Dec 11th 2014, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

After 10 days of cramming, stressing and sleepless nights, we both passed today with 100% and 95%.
I'm sure they must rotate the questions, but I think we got lucky with our questions as there were very few dates, or names....just mostly citizen type questions (if that makes sense), which are common sense if you are already British. I was out in under 10 minutes of reading the paper twice over.

We'll be sworn-in around Jan/Feb 2015

Good luck to everyone still in process or about to take the test!
Old Dec 11th 2014, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

So a new general thought on why my stuff has been sent to Montreal to do a new background check. Because of the long processing time the previous one expired! Sigh!
Old Dec 16th 2014, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Mrs Ali is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi roxye3, how can we contact MP? Do they reply to everyone?
Old Dec 16th 2014, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light

We are now "in the CIC system".

Received our acknowledgement letters and study booklet yesterday.

Now the wait which could take "several months" or don't they mean 2 years?
Old Dec 17th 2014, 1:57 pm
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Photoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond repute

Received my Citizenship Cert at a ceremony in Calgary on Friday. End to end (receipt of application to certificate) was 22 months, so a shade under the 24 months suggested in the CIC processing times page. Now to send off the passport application!

Good luck to you all
Old Dec 17th 2014, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mrs Ali
Hi roxye3, how can we contact MP? Do they reply to everyone?
Hi Mrs Ali,

You can call you local MP, Email them or set up an appointment to meet them.
They are really good at listening to talking to people that we cannot.

Hope that helps.

Roxy
Old Dec 17th 2014, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Photoplex
Received my Citizenship Cert at a ceremony in Calgary on Friday. End to end (receipt of application to certificate) was 22 months, so a shade under the 24 months suggested in the CIC processing times page. Now to send off the passport application!

Good luck to you all
Congrats Photoplex.

Roxy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.