CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Jul 15th 2014, 2:11 am
Just Joined

Steel Detailer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Hi Steveh27wp! Your Timeline is showing Fast Processing on your application - that is very good and eventually you can get your Citizenship in less than a year... Wow

About my timeline:

Submitted - Sept. 05 2013
Received - Sept. 09 2013
Returned - Oct. 11 2013 (invalid photo ID)
Send Back - Oct. 12 2013
In Process - Jan. 17 2014
Received Discover Canada - Feb. 17 2014
Test Date - June 19 2014 (Passed with flying missiles) @ Vancouver CIC

So, anyone here took their test on the same date and location as mine?
Officer said wait 3-5 months for the Ceremony and that's what I do nowadays WAITING!
Just excited!

Al.
Old Jul 15th 2014, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

Finally got our letter for the citizenship ceremony, 12 August. We had our interview in December 2013 (over 55 so didn't have to take the test). They said it would be a few months but in fact has been 8mths. This is on Vancouver Island so think things are a bit slower over here.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

Past citizenship test today in Halifax 20/20! Been told my application still needs appraising and that could be 'sometime' but those of you still waiting to take the oath in Halifax they said next ceremony should be end of August early September
Old Jul 28th 2014, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that info Allycat231 and congrats! I really hope I get selected for the ceremony then too. Crazy stuff!

Roxy
Old Jul 29th 2014, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all
Smile Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by Steel Detailer
Hi Steveh27wp! Your Timeline is showing Fast Processing on your application - that is very good and eventually you can get your Citizenship in less than a year... Wow

About my timeline:

Submitted - Sept. 05 2013
Received - Sept. 09 2013
Returned - Oct. 11 2013 (invalid photo ID)
Send Back - Oct. 12 2013
In Process - Jan. 17 2014
Received Discover Canada - Feb. 17 2014
Test Date - June 19 2014 (Passed with flying missiles) @ Vancouver CIC

So, anyone here took their test on the same date and location as mine?
Officer said wait 3-5 months for the Ceremony and that's what I do nowadays WAITING!
Just excited!

Al.
Hi Al......and yes, things are moving quite swiftly....a fact that I am very surprised about!
I attended my identification interview today, down in Surrey. The appointment was for 8.35 .......so I turned up early (thought the traffic would be worse than it was) and at 8.17 my interview started. It finished at 8.23!!!!!!!. That was it.....I was on my way home! All the more surprising is that my invitation to attend suggested a time frame of around 2.5 hours.

The "interrogator" said that, currently, the wait for the ceremony is around two months and that I should receive my invitation soon. Here's hoping
Steve
Old Jul 30th 2014, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

what does the interview consist of?
Old Jul 30th 2014, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spaceace
what does the interview consist of?
Hi spaceace, obviously I cannot know if all are the same! For me, it went as follows:-

Good morning ....take a seat
Let me have your invitation letter.....thanks
Could I see your passport please......thanks
Could I see your form IMM5292.......thanks
And your PR card................................thanks
Do you have family in Canada?
Take this sheet of paper with you....it tells you what you will have to do at the ceremony. Currently it is about a 2 month wait for the ceremony. That's it. Thanks. Goodbye.

I found the experience quite strange really. I noticed that my invitation was printed on orange paper.....all the others were on white. They seated me ( and me only!) on one side of the room and all the white invitation holders were on the other side. I guess they had their reasons for this.....one can only imagine what they were!
Old Aug 6th 2014, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

thanks....so no darkened room with a desk lamp in the face deal then LOL
Old Aug 6th 2014, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spaceace
thanks....so no darkened room with a desk lamp in the face deal then LOL
No ..... I guess they saved that for the holders of the white invitations
Old Aug 6th 2014, 3:08 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

There not stupid at CIC, they small talk ya while flipin through the passport/s. Terrible winter ehh, last summer was a hot one, how u find the drive here, ect, I think this was a way of testing for English for most, for us it was a genuine friendly chat, I think ?
Old Aug 6th 2014, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by magnumpi
There not stupid at CIC, they small talk ya while flipin through the passport/s. Terrible winter ehh, last summer was a hot one, how u find the drive here, ect, I think this was a way of testing for English for most, for us it was a genuine friendly chat, I think ?
Strangely, that is what I was expecting ......but there was none at all. It was literally as per my earlier post.

Steve
Old Aug 14th 2014, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

I have been notified today that I should attend my Citizenship Ceremony on 25th August. My application was initially received 4th January 2014, so as you can see the whole process will have taken just short of 8 months.

I am impressed, to say the least, especially when I was so sceptical early in the process. My apologies to CIC for ever expressing any doubt
Old Aug 14th 2014, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

iancampbell9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iancampbell9
Applied October 2013
Received discovery book December 2013
Fingerprint Request made April 2014
Fingerprints completed May 2 2014
On Friday received notice of citizenship exam on July 3, 2014.
Citizenship ceremony in Hamilton on August 26th.

10 months start to finish!
Old Aug 26th 2014, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steveh27wp
I have been notified today that I should attend my Citizenship Ceremony on 25th August. My application was initially received 4th January 2014, so as you can see the whole process will have taken just short of 8 months.

I am impressed, to say the least, especially when I was so sceptical early in the process. My apologies to CIC for ever expressing any doubt

I am now a Canadian! Strangely, I don't feel any different today. Well, actually I do ....I'm just a little hungover ......shouldn't have celebrated my new status quite as much as I did
Old Aug 27th 2014, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steveh27wp
I am now a Canadian! Strangely, I don't feel any different today. Well, actually I do ....I'm just a little hungover ......shouldn't have celebrated my new status quite as much as I did
CONGRATS' STEVE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.