CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Jul 5th 2014, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by Transplant
Had to leave bright and early this morning for our reviews at 8.30am. Then we got a notice to go back at 2pm for the ceremony. Finally have our Canadian Citizenship .....eh!
Congratulations .......enjoy your new status
Old Jul 6th 2014, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

jaysangha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jaysangha
Similar story for us:
Applied November 2013
Study Guide January 2014
Finger prints May 2014
Test scheduled for June 30!!!
We're in Mississauga
Update:
20/20 on the test! it really depends on which book you get for the test but if you've studied the guide, you'll sail through.
We have our ceremony tomorrow!

All in all, took eight months end to end.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by hpka
Did my test in Vancouver today, passed, however, there is a problem.

I forgot a 3 day trip to the USA! That put me 2 days below the required number of residency days on the application. I got the impression all hope was not lost though... They have given me a Residency Questionnaire and asked:
* I get eTickets for my trips (easy)
* I request a list of my entries into the USA from the US CBP - need help here.

Does anyone know how I actually go about getting that? I've submitted an FOIA online form, but is there a quicker or more appropriate route to getting that list?

I've also done a similar freedom of information request to the CBSA so I can get the entries into Canada list.
Hi congrats on the test- What your time frame from application to test??
Old Jul 6th 2014, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jaysangha
Update:
20/20 on the test! it really depends on which book you get for the test but if you've studied the guide, you'll sail through.
We have our ceremony tomorrow!

All in all, took eight months end to end.
Nice work on the test

...so there's 2 different books?
Old Jul 6th 2014, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

jaysangha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spaceace
Nice work on the test

...so there's 2 different books?
There is only one study guide but a number of different question books - its their way of mixing up the questions you get I guess. Each book has a set of questions. Nothing to be concerned about if you've read the study guide.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Gotya...thanks.
I'm currently reading the android Discover Canada app by CIC whilst we wait for the book.

Also playing with the 'How Canadian Are You, eh?' App by CIC
Old Jul 7th 2014, 4:27 pm
Britnadian

hpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spaceace
Gotya...thanks.
I'm currently reading the android Discover Canada app by CIC whilst we wait for the book.

Also playing with the 'How Canadian Are You, eh?' App by CIC
Having used the app... honestly... get the eBook copy and upload it to Google Books... much easier to read
Old Jul 8th 2014, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

..also a 3 hour MP3 for our listening pleasure

..I've got this MP3 on repeat - it's kinda like being brainwashed LOL

Listen to Discover Canada: The Rights and Responsibilities of Citizenship

Last edited by spaceace; Jul 8th 2014 at 12:58 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

Yay finally received my notice to take my citizenship test! 22 July in Halifax!! Not bad for 21 months!
Old Jul 10th 2014, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

21 months...eeek!
Old Jul 10th 2014, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Transplant is an unknown quantity at this point

21 months sounds ok. Our app was acknowleged April 20, 2012. We finally got interview/document check July 4, 2014 and all was ok so we got ceremony later the same day. Now they tell us we should apply for new passports as they took our PR cards and we could have issues getting back into Canada with our new British passports.
Old Jul 12th 2014, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by allycat231
Yay finally received my notice to take my citizenship test! 22 July in Halifax!! Not bad for 21 months!
Congrats, Allycat! Still waiting on the ceremony part myself. Wonder if this is going to take another year. You'll do fine on the test. The real deal is the interview they do after. All the best!

Roxy
Old Jul 12th 2014, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

Ive been told to take along my passport, PR card, birth certificate and other documents to support my application? What documents do they want to see, surely not my plane tickets, tax and pay statements?
Old Jul 13th 2014, 11:01 am
Canadians!!

Jo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to all

I believe it's the originals to verify any copies you may have submitted with your application (language documents, kids school records, etc). We did bring everything though (including tax forms), just in case. The last thing you want is for them to ask and not have it, because then they seem to just hand out a Residency Questionnaire...

We were only asked for the record of landing, the PR card (had to give it away) and the passport (they went through every stamp very carefully).

Good luck!
Old Jul 14th 2014, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Today, I have received a request to attend an identification interview on 29th July at 8.35am. In some of my previous posts, I may have been somewhat scathing about CIC. In fairness to them, the timeline so far has exceeded my expectations. Application received 3rd January 2014; started processing application 4th March 2014; invitation letter dated 10th July 2014.

If all goes well with the interview and if the Immigration Judge approves my application, they say that I could be called to attend a ceremony within 4 to 6 MONTHS.

So ......... if everything goes to plan..... there should be NO reason to renew my PR card (expires Sept 2015)
.....I could be applying for a passport instead!!!

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.