CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Jun 28th 2014, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

zoec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Woohoo I'm a canadian citizen! Had my oath today. Was a really nice ceremony, the judge was great, he was high fiving the kids and asking where people had emigrated from. Then there was a small reception afterwards. Ctv news was there too.

Here is my timeline.

Applied April 2013
Rq july 2013
Rq documents returned to cic August 2013
Test march 2014
Oath June 2014

Good luck to all those waiting for tests, oaths etc. although I got a rq my application wasn't too long after all
Old Jun 28th 2014, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by zoec
Woohoo I'm a canadian citizen! Had my oath today. Was a really nice ceremony, the judge was great, he was high fiving the kids and asking where people had emigrated from. Then there was a small reception afterwards. Ctv news was there too.

Here is my timeline.

Applied April 2013
Rq july 2013
Rq documents returned to cic August 2013
Test march 2014
Oath June 2014

Good luck to all those waiting for tests, oaths etc. although I got a rq my application wasn't too long after all
Congratulations.Great news for you and for those of us still waiting. 14 to 15 months including an RQ! May I ask which office was dealing with this.
Old Jun 28th 2014, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Thankyou!!!

Mississauga. the rq was sent to Scarborough as the st. Clair office deal with all rqs. When I passed my test and they were checking over my documents in front of me the officer said I probably shouldn't have been given a rq.....she said something must have flagged it, which she thought was my unemployment for a month(when I was on a Visitor visa so I couldn't work) Oh well...!! So I'm assuming that's why it was quicker than most rq applications. Also heard Mississauga is fairly quick.
Old Jun 28th 2014, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Transplant is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on getting your citizenship.
Old Jun 29th 2014, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Were the same slow slow, Citizenship application received Feb 5th 2013, started processing March 7th 2013 coming up to 17 months. Things must be slow in BC!!
Old Jun 29th 2014, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

You guys in BC are still almost a year up on my timeline from AB. I just tried to switch off and let it run its's course. I honestly don't understand how it can take so long but can taste it now.
Old Jun 29th 2014, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Transplant
Congrats on getting your citizenship.
Thankyou! It feels pretty good!!
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 9:41 pm
Britnadian

hpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of light

Did my test in Vancouver today, passed, however, there is a problem.

I forgot a 3 day trip to the USA! That put me 2 days below the required number of residency days on the application. I got the impression all hope was not lost though... They have given me a Residency Questionnaire and asked:
* I get eTickets for my trips (easy)
* I request a list of my entries into the USA from the US CBP - need help here.

Does anyone know how I actually go about getting that? I've submitted an FOIA online form, but is there a quicker or more appropriate route to getting that list?

I've also done a similar freedom of information request to the CBSA so I can get the entries into Canada list.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

There is a website run by us border people where you can check this......looking for the link for you
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94
Try this!
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

brit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud ofbrit09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hpka
Did my test in Vancouver today, passed, however, there is a problem.

I forgot a 3 day trip to the USA! That put me 2 days below the required number of residency days on the application. I got the impression all hope was not lost though... They have given me a Residency Questionnaire and asked:
* I get eTickets for my trips (easy)
* I request a list of my entries into the USA from the US CBP - need help here.

Does anyone know how I actually go about getting that? I've submitted an FOIA online form, but is there a quicker or more appropriate route to getting that list?

I've also done a similar freedom of information request to the CBSA so I can get the entries into Canada list.
Hi

Congrats on your test & interview. I an waiting for oath too.

Having read similar situations on other citizen immigration threads I got the impression if you are short of the required days you may (after submitting RQ) need to see a CJ (citizen judge) some have had to reapply you are lucky they never said that.
This may make your application a long timeline of non-routine application.

Its always safer to apply with extra days.

Good luck & hope all goes well just thought I'd mention it.

Last edited by brit09; Jul 2nd 2014 at 11:33 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 11:17 pm
Britnadian

hpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Steveh27wp
This is an AWESOME tool. Thanks!
Old Jul 4th 2014, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by magnumpi
The school will have copies, just ask nicely.
I did just that thanks

Sent our application off today
Old Jul 4th 2014, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

got our notice to sit the citizenship test less than 5 months after submitting the paperwork..............shocked is an understatement! Wasn't expecting those little brown envelopes for another year!
Old Jul 5th 2014, 4:59 am
Just Joined

Had to leave bright and early this morning for our reviews at 8.30am. Then we got a notice to go back at 2pm for the ceremony. Finally have our Canadian Citizenship .....eh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.