CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Jan 24th 2013, 2:35 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by bombards
We went for our test 2 weeks ago and applied as a family application. I too had the same question. Eventually we decided not to take the kids - both in high school with exams approaching!

During my husband's initial interview and then at my interview, we were asked for school reports from every year they were in school. This is in line with the new citizenship application rules, but this was a verbal request and not a written one.( when they send you the test date, you get additional forms explaining that you need copies of certain forms and originals of other stuff)

I explained that I didn't know I had to bring the reports along. The lady interviewing us was lovely and said she would accept the girls current student cards - I actually texted my kids to get the school office to fax them over, so the fax arrived before we left. (My application has taken long enough so didn't want any more delays!!!)

I would take your kids report cards, and passports along to the interview, unless they ask for anything else. You will be in a room for a couple of hours, so if your kids are young, then there is no one to watch them!
Thanks for the info, we have one child in school who gets bored very easily, so didn't want to take him unless absolutely necessary... He is only grade 1, so not sure what his report card will prove...

We have another child under 2, so she will have to come with us as we have no other option - doing a test holding a toddler is going to be interesting!

Were you asked for birth certificates?

How did you find the test?
Old Jan 24th 2013, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by G77
Thanks for the info, we have one child in school who gets bored very easily, so didn't want to take him unless absolutely necessary... He is only grade 1, so not sure what his report card will prove...

We have another child under 2, so she will have to come with us as we have no other option - doing a test holding a toddler is going to be interesting!

Were you asked for birth certificates?

How did you find the test?
I took birth and marriage certs, but we were only asked for pr cards, original landing form IM???, sorry can't remember the number and not at home at the moment, health cards and driving licences to provide extra id. The big thing is that they wanted every passport we have had since moving to Canada - so for us since 2005 - and copies of the info pages, and they checked the passports.(old ones too) I am sure they had a list of times everyone had been out of the country too, as they were grilling some people about periods out of Canada.

We also had to explain why my husband had a 5 week gap in his work history here as we had not included this period on the form.

The test was ok but some questions made you think twice!!! My problem was at I only received the letter 36 hours before the test, so had very little time to do a full review, so I know I got a couple of questions wrong.... ( I had almost given up on ever getting an invite to test so had stopped collecting my mail daily but as the letter was issued on 31.12.12, I guess the public holiday didn't help with the mail delivery time either!!!!)

I would recommend that you either get daycare for your toddler or take someone with you to watch them. We were all put in a room together, interviewed at the front of the room and then did the test. We were in there from 8.30am - 11am. I am not sure what they would do in the case of someone with young children.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 12:46 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bombards
I took birth and marriage certs, but we were only asked for pr cards, original landing form IM???, sorry can't remember the number and not at home at the moment, health cards and driving licences to provide extra id. The big thing is that they wanted every passport we have had since moving to Canada - so for us since 2005 - and copies of the info pages, and they checked the passports.(old ones too) I am sure they had a list of times everyone had been out of the country too, as they were grilling some people about periods out of Canada.

We also had to explain why my husband had a 5 week gap in his work history here as we had not included this period on the form.

The test was ok but some questions made you think twice!!! My problem was at I only received the letter 36 hours before the test, so had very little time to do a full review, so I know I got a couple of questions wrong.... ( I had almost given up on ever getting an invite to test so had stopped collecting my mail daily but as the letter was issued on 31.12.12, I guess the public holiday didn't help with the mail delivery time either!!!!)

I would recommend that you either get daycare for your toddler or take someone with you to watch them. We were all put in a room together, interviewed at the front of the room and then did the test. We were in there from 8.30am - 11am. I am not sure what they would do in the case of someone with young children.
CIC need a record of every night you've stayed out of Canada. My OH is a truck driver and we had to go through every log book for the 3 years previous to the date we sent the form and put the reason he was out the exact dates. Even though he was working for a Canadian company he was still classed as out of the country. This held up ability to apply for Citizenship.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 10:40 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

We have just received a letter, Notice to Appear, for Feb22nd. Excellent. No test for us as we are wrinklies. Anyone know how long before the ceremony usually? I don't want to bother with renewing my PR card.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Tolga is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bats
We have just received a letter, Notice to Appear, for Feb22nd. Excellent. No test for us as we are wrinklies. Anyone know how long before the ceremony usually? I don't want to bother with renewing my PR card.
6-8 weeks.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Rrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant future

My timeline was just about a month.
Test taken jan 16
Notice to appear for oath taking on feb 18
Old Feb 7th 2013, 11:09 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tolga
6-8 weeks.
Originally Posted by Rrunner
Test taken jan 16
Thanks, not long at all. Do you get a bit of paper or card you can take when travelling while I apply for the Canadian passport?
Old Feb 7th 2013, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light

Test taken jan 16
Did you apply as a family? Not looking good for us, we did our test the week before you!
Old Feb 8th 2013, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

Tolga is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bats
Thanks, not long at all. Do you get a bit of paper or card you can take when travelling while I apply for the Canadian passport?
No, you have to wait for the passport to arrive. You can apply for an urgent passport if you have a flight ticket.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

We sat our test on Dec 11th and were told 4-5 months. Someone at the same office last year said he heard from them after about 3 months.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dashie
We sat our test on Dec 11th and were told 4-5 months. Someone at the same office last year said he heard from them after about 3 months.
Was that in Scarborough too???
Old Feb 8th 2013, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tolga
You can apply for an urgent passport if you have a flight ticket.
If I remember correctly, my passport took about ten days, plus the two day wait before you can apply after the ceremony, plus the couple of days before I got around to getting photos taken. It's already pretty quick if you go in person to a passport office.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

London.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Rrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

No, I was applying alone. My family is all already Canadian.
Good luck with hearing something soon!

Last edited by Rrunner; Feb 9th 2013 at 1:27 pm. Reason: Messed up quote!
Old Feb 11th 2013, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

No, I was applying alone. My family is all already Canadian.
Good luck with hearing something soon!
Just realised that you have to appear on Family's Day...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.