CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Dec 29th 2012, 5:17 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
They basically want to see if you can hold a conversation in English , and how you've integrated into Canadian life . Most of my interview was based on the standard or lack of in Rugby here compared to Europe , a breeze
Jeez, don't get me started on that

Thanks for the information.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Rrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant future

Timeline for Rural Ontario, file transferred to Scarborough
Application for citizenship: march 2012
Started processing: oct 2012
Received notice for test: dec 2012
Test date: jan 2013
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonesyp
They started processing my application on 19th Dec!

I applied April 13th, Just over 8 months.

Whats the next step?

Thanks
We have similar timescales - they received my application on April 5, 2012 and started processing my application on December 17, 2012.

I got my study book a few weeks after I applied.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of

I received a letter in the post this morning, requiring me to submit fingerprints within 60 days. Apparently, I share my name with someone who committed a serious crime and is either in prison, has been in prison or is on probation.

Has anyone else here been in a similar situation? The CIC website says that it will delay my application by 8-12 months, but I wondered if anyone had a real life experience to confirm that timeline.

Very frustrated at the moment, of course. Not only do i now have to jump through another set of hoops and pay another $85 for fingerprints, but the delay will also mean that my ESTA and PR card will both expire before I get citizenship, so I'll have more running around to do later this year.

I also find it hard to understand why I've never been stopped at the border. I flew back from England on Friday, with no questions asked at all. They simply scanned my PR card and welcomed me back to Canada. Do they do the same for all hardened criminals?!
Old Jan 7th 2013, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danfolkestone
I received a letter in the post this morning, requiring me to submit fingerprints within 60 days. Apparently, I share my name with someone who committed a serious crime and is either in prison, has been in prison or is on probation.

Has anyone else here been in a similar situation? The CIC website says that it will delay my application by 8-12 months, but I wondered if anyone had a real life experience to confirm that timeline.
Took less than two months from being fingerprinted to getting my test. I even know who they keep confusing me with because I read about him and his crime in a Readers' Digest at the hairdresser one day.

I did go for the electronic option, so that may well explain the difference in timeline when compared to the old ink fingerprints. I think they said the electronic checks normally result in a yes/no answer within two weeks.

Last edited by MarkG; Jan 7th 2013 at 8:29 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by danfolkestone

Very frustrated at the moment, of course. Not only do i now have to jump through another set of hoops and pay another $85 for fingerprints, but the delay will also mean that my ESTA and PR card will both expire before I get citizenship, so I'll have more running around to do later this year.

I also find it hard to understand why I've never been stopped at the border. I flew back from England on Friday, with no questions asked at all. They simply scanned my PR card and welcomed me back to Canada. Do they do the same for all hardened criminals?!
I found old posts in the forum, from people who have been in a similar situation. It seems that this won't cause anything like the 8-12 months' delay that CIC claim, which is a relief!
Old Jan 7th 2013, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MarkG
Took less than two months from being fingerprinted to getting my test. I even know who they keep confusing me with because I read about him and his crime in a Readers' Digest at the hairdresser one day.

I did go for the electronic option, so that may well explain the difference in timeline when compared to the old ink fingerprints. I think they said the electronic checks normally result in a yes/no answer within two weeks.
Thanks Mark, that's good to hear.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 7:23 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rrunner
Timeline for Rural Ontario, file transferred to Scarborough
Application for citizenship: march 2012
Started processing: oct 2012
Received notice for test: dec 2012
Test date: jan 2013
That's interesting. We applied in March 2012, started processing Oct 2012. Nothing for us yet, Is the rural ontario descriptor yours or officialdom's? We live in a village but not miles from anywhere. Have not had any notice about our file being transferred to Scarborough.
Wonder how long ourc wait will be.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Rrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant futureRrunner has a brilliant future

The rural Ontario description is mine, we are up the 400 about 10 miles from Barrie on the lake.
I can't remember if the file transfer info was from officialdom or picked up from the news or the cic website as the Barrie office was closed after I applied.
Speaking to others I know in the same process but not in this area, my timeline is the fastest I have come across.
Hopefully yours will move fast too. I assumed my file would go to the last of a long list ring having been transferred to a large centre, but apparently not.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 11:53 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rrunner
The rural Ontario description is mine, we are up the 400 about 10 miles from Barrie on the lake.
I can't remember if the file transfer info was from officialdom or picked up from the news or the cic website as the Barrie office was closed after I applied.
Speaking to others I know in the same process but not in this area, my timeline is the fastest I have come across.
Hopefully yours will move fast too. I assumed my file would go to the last of a long list ring having been transferred to a large centre, but apparently not.
Thanks, we'll just have to wait and see. Annoying as our first application was lost.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

dr.rehm91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Im wondering if my case is going fast or not so if anyone can tell me what to expect next that would be very helpful. i live in nova scotia

received application Sept. 25th 2012
sent letter and booklet sept. 25th 2012
started processing my application Jan. 14th 2013 (Halifax)

4 months! fast or not? i cant wait to get it because i want to join the military this year hopefully
Old Jan 20th 2013, 8:21 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Forms and payment sent 12 March 2012
Letter and booklet sent to us dated 4 April 2012
20 Jan 2013 Just checked the CIC site and our status is still on received.

The site says 21 months wait. There seems to be inconstancies in the amount of time people have to wait, I wonder exactly what it is the Government wants at this stage that it is going to take 21 months to sort out. They have our payments gaining interest in their account (no matter how low that interest is).
Old Jan 20th 2013, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Re. file transfers I remembered now where I saw the info:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2012/ob431.asp
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 9:43 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone tell me if you have kids that are on the application but do not need to take the test, do they need to attend when you take the test so that they can be visually ID'd against the documents (passport, PR card etc)?
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by G77
Can anyone tell me if you have kids that are on the application but do not need to take the test, do they need to attend when you take the test so that they can be visually ID'd against the documents (passport, PR card etc)?
We went for our test 2 weeks ago and applied as a family application. I too had the same question. Eventually we decided not to take the kids - both in high school with exams approaching!

During my husband's initial interview and then at my interview, we were asked for school reports from every year they were in school. This is in line with the new citizenship application rules, but this was a verbal request and not a written one.( when they send you the test date, you get additional forms explaining that you need copies of certain forms and originals of other stuff)

I explained that I didn't know I had to bring the reports along. The lady interviewing us was lovely and said she would accept the girls current student cards - I actually texted my kids to get the school office to fax them over, so the fax arrived before we left. (My application has taken long enough so didn't want any more delays!!!)

I would take your kids report cards, and passports along to the interview, unless they ask for anything else. You will be in a room for a couple of hours, so if your kids are young, then there is no one to watch them!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.