CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Jul 20th 2012, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Phew... I passed the test and the ceremony is on the 30th .
Old Jul 20th 2012, 2:50 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
Phew... I passed the test and the ceremony is on the 30th .
Congrats Mark. Both wife and I did and ceremony is 27th.

Didn't think my wife would so it was a pleasant surprise when all three envelopes arrived on Monday.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 3:39 am
Just Joined

kaykay2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Called CIC today - they said the Barrie office is closed and my application has been transferred to Scarborough and that the approx wait time from July 2012 for the test is 9 months ! so looking to wait another year before i get my citizenship which would make it a total of 2 years and 4 months

Originally Posted by kaykay2
Hi Bombards,
I am from Newmarket, ON as well and also fed up with waiting to be called for the Test. My timeline (which is similar to yours ) is as follows:

Applied March 2011, received ackknowledgement with discover canada package April 2011, application status shows started processing Feb 2012

Will call CIC tomorow and check whats going on ?!

BTW should'nt Newmarket applications be under Barrie ? you mentioned yours is now being handled at Scarboro
Old Jul 21st 2012, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

charlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond repute

We sent all our paperwork in the middle of May, heard nothing so far.
Not sure when I should start getting worried?
Old Jul 21st 2012, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

calgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant futurecalgarylady has a brilliant future

Sent ours May 8th, was received May 11th , received booklet July 17th. So approximately 2 months and a week. Nothing to worry about for now.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

charlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by calgarylady
Sent ours May 8th, was received May 11th , received booklet July 17th. So approximately 2 months and a week. Nothing to worry about for now.
Thank you, that is reassuring.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light

Just spent over 1 hour trying to get through to CIC.....finally spoke to a guy who told me that our application was sent from Sydney to Scarborough at the end of June but as yet they haven't acknowledged receipt of it.......I asked was it lost, he said no, just they were very busy and that it may take up to 9 months to get called for the test.......

We began this process in Feb 2011...... WOW!
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Heres a thought so dont jump all over me for this
Do you suppose that some of these delays and transfer of cases from one office to another is not all the fault of the workers processing these applications, but more to do with the Govt cutting back the amount of CIC workers. 517 at last count of notices issued, the shutting down of visa offices and transferring of files to other offices that are already processing other applications.
Now we all know how Govt workers are stereotyped as lazy and incompetent but who else is going to process the thousands of applications?
Maybe we can hire G4S to do them you know that private company currently tasked to carry out security at the Olympics in London.
Now I understand your frustrations but dont you think that the workers are also frustrated as well.
I know Citizenship is important for some but heres another thought most of you are already here living your lives in Canada as PRs.
As long as you dont do anything stoopid like not meet the 730 day PR residency obligation or go out committing crimes then you will be OK and will eventually get that Citizenship.
Its frustrating for everyone.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Former Lancastrian;10188247]Heres a thought so dont jump all over me for this
Do you suppose that some of these delays and transfer of cases from one office to another is not all the fault of the workers processing these applications, but more to do with the Govt cutting back the amount of CIC workers. 517 at last count of notices issued, the shutting down of visa offices and transferring of files to other offices that are already processing other applications.
Now we all know how Govt workers are stereotyped as lazy and incompetent but who else is going to process the thousands of applications?
Maybe we can hire G4S to do them you know that private company currently tasked to carry out security at the Olympics in London.
Now I understand your frustrations but dont you think that the workers are also frustrated as well.
I know Citizenship is important for some but heres another thought most of you are already here living your lives in Canada as PRs.
As long as you dont do anything stoopid like not meet the 730 day PR residency obligation or go out committing crimes then you will be OK and will eventually get that Citizenship.
Its frustrating for everyone.[/QUO

Guess you work for the Government...well so did I in the UK, for 19 years....so I know about frustrations, backlogs and staffing cuts but simply put, we have comitted to becoming Canadians, paying our taxes but have no real say and are being made to wait for what ever reason. Yes it is frustrating especially when the Govenment happily took our money way back when we applied and gave us a timeline.....?

I personally am sick for travelling to the States for competitions with my daughter who is representing a Canadian team but being treated like a second class citizen at the border.

Sorry but there are a lot of upset people who yes are living the Canadian life but without the full benefits......at no fault of our own!
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=bombards;10188346]
Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Heres a thought so dont jump all over me for this
Its frustrating for everyone.[/QUO

Guess you work for the Government...well so did I in the UK, for 19 years....so I know about frustrations, backlogs and staffing cuts but simply put, we have comitted to becoming Canadians, paying our taxes but have no real say and are being made to wait for what ever reason. Yes it is frustrating especially when the Govenment happily took our money way back when we applied and gave us a timeline.....?

I personally am sick for travelling to the States for competitions with my daughter who is representing a Canadian team but being treated like a second class citizen at the border.

Sorry but there are a lot of upset people who yes are living the Canadian life but without the full benefits......at no fault of our own!
Yes I do work for the Govt but not CIC.
Now which border are you treated like a 2nd class citizen the US or Canadian side.
All UK passport holders are required to apply for an ESTA or I94 waiver if entering the USA.
If entering Canada and in possession of a PR card then you have a right of entry into Canada.
Yes I agree you cant vote or get some of the benefits that Canadian citizens get but unfortunately thats the way it is at the moment. How do you think the 260,000 applicants feel who have just had their FSW applications denied and they had also committed to Canada?
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Former Lancastrian;10188369]
Originally Posted by bombards

Yes I do work for the Govt but not CIC.
Now which border are you treated like a 2nd class citizen the US or Canadian side.
All UK passport holders are required to apply for an ESTA or I94 waiver if entering the USA.
If entering Canada and in possession of a PR card then you have a right of entry into Canada.
Yes I agree you cant vote or get some of the benefits that Canadian citizens get but unfortunately thats the way it is at the moment. How do you think the 260,000 applicants feel who have just had their FSW applications denied and they had also committed to Canada?
Are you already a citizen?
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=bombards;10188374]

Are you already a citizen?
Yes but I got it some 20 years ago when I admit things were different and quicker.
No comfort to you I know.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Former Lancastrian;10188384]
Originally Posted by bombards

Yes but I got it some 20 years ago when I admit things were different and quicker.
No comfort to you I know.
I thought the purpose of this thread was for members to keep each other informed, who are waiting for some news on their applications and is also a way to share their frustrations/joy of the Citizenship process.

That's all I was doing!

Now I remeber why I don't contribute on this site very often!
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=bombards;10188401]

I thought the purpose of this thread was for members to keep each other informed, who are waiting for some news on their applications and is also a way to share their frustrations/joy of the Citizenship process.

That's all I was doing!

Now I remeber why I don't contribute on this site very often!
So sorry if the truth and realities of gaining citizenship are being pointed out.
Am I not informing you of these?
Old Jul 27th 2012, 3:52 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, full timeline :
Applied November 2010
Test April 2012
Ceremony July 2012

20 months end to end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.