CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Jun 17th 2012, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Yasmina2005 will become famous soon enoughYasmina2005 will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Well our letter of acknowledgement arrived this week, with our ID numbers to check the status. Well guess what the numbers don't work yet Time to sit back and wait the 19 months. Good luck all
Originally Posted by Ramsey
Try using your receipt number.....

Have found that not all of the ID options work when you try and get a status update.
When you go to check your Citizenship application status:

Please note that under
Identication type category, choose from the list "Client ID Number/Unique Client Identifier"

And under
Identification Number, put you Permanent Card Number which is by the way the same as the Client ID that shows in the Acknowledgment letter.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Yasmina2005; Jun 17th 2012 at 11:17 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Yasmina2005 will become famous soon enoughYasmina2005 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by Yasmina2005
  1. Application sent on April 10th, 2011 From Vancouver
  2. Application received by CIC on April 14th, 2011
  3. "Acknowledgment Letter with Study Guide" received on July 8th, 2011 (3 months btw sending application & receiving 1st letter)
  4. They started processing application on Feb 14, 2012 (as mentioned in Client Application Status)
  5. "Notice to appear for the Citizenship test" letter received on March 16th, 2012
  6. Test taken on the morning of April 5th, 2012 (3 weeks between the time I received the notice and the actual test).

Will post any updates in the future.
Still waiting for my results.

Has anyone, who took the test on April 5th, 12 in Vancouver, heard any news?

Last edited by Yasmina2005; Jun 17th 2012 at 11:22 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

jonesyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

I had a problem loading up the Check status, until i changed the Place of Birth from United Kingdom to England,

Who'd have know that it would be so simple!
Old Jun 19th 2012, 12:14 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonesyp
I had a problem loading up the Check status, until i changed the Place of Birth from United Kingdom to England,

Who'd have know that it would be so simple!
But I'm not from England
Old Jun 19th 2012, 2:14 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

A nice present waiting for me in the mail today, a letter asking me to sit my test on the 29th June! Better re-read the booklet again!
Old Jun 19th 2012, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

So I discovered last night that one time when I returned to Canada they didn't stamp my passport.

Any suggestions for what I should take as proof that I came back? I do have the itinerary and some of the boarding passes from that trip, and a credit card bill for that month showing me using the card in Toronto the day I flew back and Saskatoon afterwards.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

After all that, today was a bit of an anti-climax; no-one asked about my missing passport stamps and I finished the actual test in 90 seconds. I then noticed that I hadn't circled a single answer 'B' so I had to go through five times to check that all the answers were definitely right.

I wouldn't have got fifteen without reading the book, but it seems to me that if you've read it a couple of times then you should at least be able to work out two of the wrong answers and make a good guess at which of the remaining two is correct.

My favorite question was (from memory):

Which of the following are fundamental rights guaranteed by the Canadian Constitution?

A. The right to beat your wife and drive a car with a license.
B. The right to drive a car and own a firearm without a license.
C. Mobility rights and the right to have more than one wife.
D. Something boring about freedom of religion and association.

I'm glad they didn't throw me out for laughing when I read that one .
Old Jun 21st 2012, 11:06 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
So I discovered last night that one time when I returned to Canada they didn't stamp my passport.

Any suggestions for what I should take as proof that I came back? I do have the itinerary and some of the boarding passes from that trip, and a credit card bill for that month showing me using the card in Toronto the day I flew back and Saskatoon afterwards.
How did you discover it? If simply by looking in your passport I doubt it matters.

I think they use things called computers these days.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
How did you discover it? If simply by looking in your passport I doubt it matters.

I think they use things called computers these days.
The other day I was checking that the stamps matched the list of trips I sent in and noticed one was missing. They definitely checked the stamps while I was there today and there seems to be some question as to whether they're allowed to verify it themselves through those new-fangled computer gizmos with your list of entry and exit information from CBSA, for privacy reasons.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 11:20 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

After all that, today was a bit of an anti-climax; no-one asked about my missing passport stamps and I finished the actual test in 90 seconds. I then noticed that I hadn't circled a single answer 'B' so I had to go through five times to check that all the answers were definitely right.

I wouldn't have got fifteen without reading the book, but it seems to me that if you've read it a couple of times then you should at least be able to work out two of the wrong answers and make a good guess at which of the remaining two is correct.

Which of the following are fundamental rights guaranteed by the Canadian Constitution?

My missus had a question on the little 2cm picture on the inside back cover. I hadn't even looked at the inside of the back cover so when she asked me it I had no clue. It is there though, past all the index pages and blank pages for personal notes. Some guy who did maps or some general I think.

Just because you read the book doesn't mean a few doozies might not come your way.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tangram
My missus had a question on the little 2cm picture on the inside back cover. I hadn't even looked at the inside of the back cover so when she asked me it I had no clue.
Was that William Logan? I only noticed yesterday that he's on the inside back cover in the book... I was also reading the PDF version which is more up to date and I think he was more prominent in that one .
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 2:44 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Was that William Logan? I only noticed yesterday that he's on the inside back cover in the book... I was also reading the PDF version which is more up to date and I think he was more prominent in that one .
Not sure of his name. Some dude I had never heard of.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 1:55 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

The other day I was checking that the stamps matched the list of trips I sent in and noticed one was missing. They definitely checked the stamps while I was there today and there seems to be some question as to whether they're allowed to verify it themselves through those new-fangled computer gizmos with your list of entry and exit information from CBSA, for privacy reasons.
If I had a stamp for every time I've entered Canada (mostly day trips, so don't count against citizenship), I'd have needed a new passport by now - must be well in excess of 100 times now... I did try and record them at first, but gave up after the first few dozen....
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

They can't rely on stamps - when you fly into YVR as a PR you can use the automatic machines so you don't even get a stamp. I haven't had my passport stamped once on returning to Canada since becoming a PR!
Old Jun 24th 2012, 12:52 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

How many questions in total are there in the test? I'm curious as I've got mine this coming Friday.

Do they mark the tests while you are there, or do you have to wait until you hear back as to wether you have passed or failed

Oh and to anyone else, what happens if you do fail the test?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.