CIC Call Centre ?Help

Old Sep 25th 2010, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

markan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nice
Default CIC Call Centre ?Help

I received my confirmartion of PR and was given the CIC call centre number to arrange an appointment to have visas stamped etc .After about 30 attempts to get through I always ended up being cut off by automated service after message said all lines were busy and I could not be transferred to a representative. Should I just keep trying or does anyone know other options. The flagpoling way seems a bit confusing now with Visas etc needed to visit US.
Mark
Old Sep 26th 2010, 1:18 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Call Centre ?Help

Hi

Originally Posted by markan
I received my confirmartion of PR and was given the CIC call centre number to arrange an appointment to have visas stamped etc .After about 30 attempts to get through I always ended up being cut off by automated service after message said all lines were busy and I could not be transferred to a representative. Should I just keep trying or does anyone know other options. The flagpoling way seems a bit confusing now with Visas etc needed to visit US.
Mark
If you can't get through to the call centre (Tues/Thurs best) then flagpoling is pretty straight forward. Just go to the border drive to the US booth, tell them you are flagpoling to "land". They will issue a letter of rejection (has no effect on future entries) and then you return to the Canadian side and "land".
Old Sep 26th 2010, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

markan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nice

Thanks, maybe i'll flagpole tomorrow.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 2:39 am
887 lb pumpkin

flipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura about

Thanks, maybe i'll flagpole tomorrow.
So you have your Visa then?
Old Sep 26th 2010, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Visa arrived 16th Sept
Old Sep 27th 2010, 12:34 am
887 lb pumpkin

flipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura about

Visa arrived 16th Sept
I can't really figure out the reason for your original post, if that is the case.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

I was under the impression my visa and passport had to be stamped.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 4:28 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

If you can't get through to the call centre (Tues/Thurs best) then flagpoling is pretty straight forward. Just go to the border drive to the US booth, tell them you are flagpoling to "land". They will issue a letter of rejection (has no effect on future entries) and then you return to the Canadian side and "land".
Refusals of entry are always bad, never good - policy can always change and today's "assurance" can mean nothing tomorrow.

Normally letter to follow the advice in:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Trip_a...lagpole-Canada
Old Sep 27th 2010, 2:53 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flipance
I can't really figure out the reason for your original post, if that is the case.
You have to "Land" to activate the visa, as its not valid until then.

Markan, good luck with getting it sorted!
Old Sep 28th 2010, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Sorted and thanks, Flagpoled at Queenston/Lewiston last night from Toronto there and back all in 4 1/2 hours.
Mark