Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Choosing a company to represent you with Canadian Visa

Choosing a company to represent you with Canadian Visa

Old Oct 28th 2015, 6:35 am
Just Joined

charliewells is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Choosing a company to represent you with Canadian Visa

Hi,

I was wondering whether anybody has used the company Visamigrate to assist in obtaining a Permanent Residency visa? I applied via Express Entry and was rejected but a representative from Visamigrate has informed me that I have more than enough points to obtain the visa. Obviously I'm concerned as their costs are high. The company looks legitimate and he stated that they have a 98% success rate. Any advice?

Thanks in advance, Charlie
Old Oct 28th 2015, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Choosing a company to represent you with Canadian Visa

Originally Posted by charliewells
Hi,

I was wondering whether anybody has used the company Visamigrate to assist in obtaining a Permanent Residency visa? I applied via Express Entry and was rejected but a representative from Visamigrate has informed me that I have more than enough points to obtain the visa. Obviously I'm concerned as their costs are high. The company looks legitimate and he stated that they have a 98% success rate. Any advice?

Thanks in advance, Charlie
Hello Charlie,

my advice would be to take such statements with a pinch of salt, those companies want you as a client, so they would hardly tell you anything else.
However, to be completely sure, would you mind telling us how many points you have achieved ? And also a bit about your professional background?

Best regards
Conmar

Last edited by Conmar; Oct 28th 2015 at 6:48 am. Reason: Typo
Old Oct 28th 2015, 6:54 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I was wondering whether anybody has used the company Visamigrate to assist in obtaining a Permanent Residency visa? I applied via Express Entry and was rejected but a representative from Visamigrate has informed me that I have more than enough points to obtain the visa. Obviously I'm concerned as their costs are high. The company looks legitimate and he stated that they have a 98% success rate. Any advice? Thanks in advance, Charlie
AS already asked, why did you get rejected? Do you already have a job offer in place for Canada? I know without this it's pretty tough to score enough points for the EE route these days.
Old Oct 28th 2015, 6:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, and welcome to BE.

I'd suggest you do a search using the company name to see what's been said about Visa Migrate in the past, and also do a Google search as they don't have a great reputation.

Most on BE don't use a consultant and I'd be surprised if you needed to - we should be able to help you figure out why you were rejected. It's usually something fairly simple such as not having an ECA or enough points. How many do you score, both as a Skilled Worker and on the Comprehensive Ranking System?
Old Oct 28th 2015, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Hi, thank you all for such quick responses.

I have since checked reviews and you are right there are some pretty bad ones so I shall not be using them. Do any of you know of any decent Visa and Immigration companies?

Initially I checked my eligibility on the Canada.ca website and was told that I was eligible to apply. I then took my IELTS test and scored high marks. I then applied for Express Entry and was rejected. About a month later I received an email to say that there was a problem with the system and that I should apply again which I did. I was rejected. Unfortunately I was not given my results. The consultant from Visa Migrate informed me that I should have scored 77. I wont trust what he told me though.
I am currently working as a Detective in the Police and have done for 7 years. I have a BA honors degree, enough money and a sister, with PM, living in BC.
I do not have a job offer and I'm not really sure of the best way sites to look at. Any ideas? I am aware that I cant apply for the police over there unless I have Permanent Residency!
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Regards Charlie
Old Oct 28th 2015, 8:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You can search the forum for recommended consultants if you really feel you need one - it doesn't sound to me as though you do though, as you don't appear to have any complicated circumstances.

What exactly did you score in your IELTS? Have you had the ECA done? You don't mention it, but that's mandatory for FSW, so that would be a reason for rejection.

How old are you and do you have a spouse?

Lastly, you've mentioned your possible FSW score (and 77 would be well over the requirement of 67, if that's been calculated correctly), but what do you score on the CRS? You'll need above approx 450 to be in with a chance of being selected from the pool, so unless you score over that, there's no point in spending money on a consultant as you'll need more points first anyway.
Old Oct 28th 2015, 8:35 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, thank you all for such quick responses. I have since checked reviews and you are right there are some pretty bad ones so I shall not be using them. Do any of you know of any decent Visa and Immigration companies? Initially I checked my eligibility on the Canada.ca website and was told that I was eligible to apply. I then took my IELTS test and scored high marks. I then applied for Express Entry and was rejected. About a month later I received an email to say that there was a problem with the system and that I should apply again which I did. I was rejected. Unfortunately I was not given my results. The consultant from Visa Migrate informed me that I should have scored 77. I wont trust what he told me though. I am currently working as a Detective in the Police and have done for 7 years. I have a BA honors degree, enough money and a sister, with PM, living in BC. I do not have a job offer and I'm not really sure of the best way sites to look at. Any ideas? I am aware that I cant apply for the police over there unless I have Permanent Residency!Any advice is greatly appreciated.Regards Charlie
I'm no expert but 77 sounds very high to me. Getting to 67, to meet the eligibility threshold is pretty tough. If you do have 77 points, as Christmas suggested, is there something mandatory that you omitted from your application? Mind you, it shouldn't be beyond the wit of even CIC to request something specific if everything else is in order.
I hope it all works out for you.
Old Oct 28th 2015, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Hello,

Thank you for that.

I think that I will need to focus on increasing my CRS points as I only achieved 447. I'm 34 and single. My ECA results are 22 points and my IELTS was 8.5. I think that I may have to try and get a job offer in Canada to get anywhere. I can also focus on improving my French!
Do you have any advice on reputable websites/employment agencies in Canada?
Old Oct 28th 2015, 9:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Ok, so by my rough calculations you score 78, and should definitely qualify as a Skilled Worker. So trying to figure out the reason for the rejection, is there anything you said no to? Did you say yes to IELTS and ECA?

You're close on CRS points and might be invited to apply for PR, but the points threshold at the moment is approx 480, so of you can improve your score that would be better. For a job offer, there's little point in applying via websites, you need to get out there and knock on doors - have a read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki to understand why. It's full of useful info.

Best of luck.
Old Oct 28th 2015, 9:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
Mind you, it shouldn't be beyond the wit of even CIC to request something specific if everything else is in order.
Which would triple their workload. Bottom line is that this is only the first eligibility check, and if somebody (I'm not referring to the OP here, as it seems they have met the mandatory requirements) doesn't meet the criteria when applying, then personally I don't think it should be up to CIC to accept them and then spend ages chasing them up for things they should have included in the first place.

It doesn't cost anything to apply at this stage, so a rejection should just mean the applicant goes away and reapplies, but this time actually checks what is required and submits a complete application.
Old Oct 28th 2015, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Thank you for all of your advice. I will take a look on Wiki and am over visiting in February and so will get hunting then!
Take care Charlie
Old Oct 28th 2015, 4:40 pm
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

Out of Curiosity I went and reviewed that company ' Visamigrate'

Turns out they are terrible,
Visamigrate Reviews - www.visamigrate.com | Passport & Visa Services | Review Centre

I feel bad for the people who have paid them and lost their money...
how can a company continue to do this?
Old Oct 28th 2015, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snuggs
Out of Curiosity I went and reviewed that company ' Visamigrate'

Turns out they are terrible,
Visamigrate Reviews - www.visamigrate.com | Passport & Visa Services | Review Centre

I feel bad for the people who have paid them and lost their money...
how can a company continue to do this?
Obviously this is their business model 😤, aka greed. Hopefully those companies are out of business soon, but I am afraid...ah, don't get me started!

Last edited by Conmar; Oct 28th 2015 at 7:03 pm. Reason: My tablet, grrr
Old Oct 28th 2015, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

It really is awful taking people's money and shattering their dreams. Thank goodness I spoke to you guys on here!