Cholesterol and medicals

Old Oct 24th 2013, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

waterfall will become famous soon enough
Default Cholesterol and medicals

Hi,

Will high cholesterol affect medicals? (not too high just a little bit)

Thank you so much!

Waterfall
Old Oct 24th 2013, 1:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cholesterol and medicals

Unlikely. Unless you need lots of treatment that will cost the Canadian healthcare system more than approx $6k a year?
Old Oct 24th 2013, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Christmasoompa! You're the best
Old Oct 24th 2013, 3:07 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think they even test for it
Can't remember if they ask about it
If you want to be ultra safe get a letter from your doctor outlining your treatment and likely future prognosis (ie will have to maintain taking x amount of y drug)
Old Oct 24th 2013, 4:11 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Don't think they even test for it
Can't remember if they ask about it
If you want to be ultra safe get a letter from your doctor outlining your treatment and likely future prognosis (ie will have to maintain taking x amount of y drug)
I don't think they do.

The urine test was presumably something diabetes related
The blood test I believe is limited to serious diseases like HIV or syphilis.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 4:27 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orly
I don't think they do.

The urine test was presumably something diabetes related
The blood test I believe is limited to serious diseases like HIV or syphilis.
You would need a specific blood test to check the cholesterol level. The question is, if you know that you have a high level is it being treated ? If not, why not.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 5:12 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I assumed it was
Giving the Medical professions seeming desire to stick everyone on statins
If it isn't being treated and therefore no official diagnosis I don't know that you'd even have to mention it
Old Oct 24th 2013, 6:32 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
You would need a specific blood test to check the cholesterol level. The question is, if you know that you have a high level is it being treated ? If not, why not.
That would be for the OP to answer. It does sound like a bit of worrying excessively. I'd suspect millions of people have "a little bit" over the normal level.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Everyone!
First of all thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question! This forum is just amazing! And I apologize for not getting back to you earlier. I had some family in town and along with work and research I didn't have time to post anything.
So my husband realized that his cholesterol level was a little bit higher than normal like 4 months ago and his doctor suggested that he should change his diet and exercise and that's what he has been doing since then. Last week he visited his doctor to see if his cholesterol is good and guess what! His doctor called today with amazing results. His cholesterol is back to normal just with a low fat diet and exercise We both feel very relieved because of the approaching medical appointment and most importantly because we were concerned about his health