British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Children's Immunisation Record (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/childrens-immunisation-record-844199/)

graham and george Sep 30th 2014 7:58 pm

Children's Immunisation Record

We are due to land in a fortnight and were wondering if we need to get signed immunisation records for our four children now or is it best to wait until they start school? We are looking to make the permanent move early next year.
We have lived in the UK all our lives - has anyone else come across these forms?

Regards,
G&G

Tirytory Sep 30th 2014 9:37 pm

Re: Children's Immunisation Record

We brought immunisation records for our children. My son was starting straight away and they were required for school. You'd need them I guess because the only other way to determine immunity would be a blood test and I'm guessing you don't want that.

You can get them easily enough from the GP's although they should be documented in your little red book...

graham and george Oct 1st 2014 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Tirytory (Post 11423909)
We brought immunisation records for our children. My son was starting straight away and they were required for school. You'd need them I guess because the only other way to determine immunity would be a blood test and I'm guessing you don't want that.

You can get them easily enough from the GP's although they should be documented in your little red book...

Thanks for your reply - am sure blood tests wouldn't be too well received!!

It was more of a question of whether we would need to take the completed immunisation records with us when we land for our recce trip or whether to wait until we make the permanent move next year so that they are completely up to date?

Hope that makes sense?!

Tirytory Oct 1st 2014 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by graham and george (Post 11424215)
Thanks for your reply - am sure blood tests wouldn't be too well received!!

It was more of a question of whether we would need to take the completed immunisation records with us when we land for our recce trip or whether to wait until we make the permanent move next year so that they are completely up to date?

Hope that makes sense?!

Oh right!!!!! No, not for the recent... Just for when you have a school and they start it. Good luck with the trip!

Kaye5 Oct 1st 2014 10:43 pm

We went to great pains to get immunization records for our three kids - the doctor's surgery kept doing them wrong. Eventually we got them. The schools here - and we have registered at five schools in total - were not remotely interested and looked at us like we were mad to think they needed them.

Can only speak for Nova Scotia but this happened in two different school board areas.

I would probably get them regardless as it's Sod's Law you will be asked if you don't and useful to just have a proper record (our red books are a bit hit and miss).

But no, not needed for landing.