Wikiposts

Children of study permit holders

Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

ill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the roughill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the roughill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the roughill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the rough
Default Children of study permit holders

Hi
I had presumed that when i send my application for study permit that I would include $125 for myself and also $125 for each of my children accompanying (They are school age)
I have been doing some research and found this information ... 'If your spouse or partner and dependant children are with you in Canada, and you are the holder of a study permit, they may apply for study permits after arrival.'
Does anyone have an opinion on whether its best to apply for the childrens at the same time as i apply for my own, or if i should apply once in Canada?

Thanks for any advice
Old Apr 25th 2008, 3:54 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Children of study permit holders

I would advise you to apply for the kids at the same time as yourself. You're doing the paperwork anyway. It's not much more work to do theirs at the same time as yours.

Once you get to Canada, there will be heaps of stuff to do to get yourselves settled in. You don't need one more chore. Besides, I don't know how long it takes for study permits to come through if you apply in Canada. Even if it takes only a couple of weeks, that's still a long time if it means your kids are being held back from attending school because of it.
x
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

ill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the roughill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the roughill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the roughill_only_miss_eastenders is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Children of study permit holders

Thanks Judy