Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

chest x ray delayed for pregnancy?

Wikiposts

Old Oct 13th 2004, 5:07 am
Just Joined

mahdi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default chest x ray delayed for pregnancy?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I got the paper for medical check up and submitting landing fee last August 20, 2004. They asked to submit it within 60 days. Accordingly we have done our medical check up (Me, my wife and 2 years son) at the specified medical center. As we are expecting baby next February, the medical officer did not conduct the chest X-Ray for my wife only. All other medical reports except the chest xray report only for my wife (as xray is forbidden during pregnancy) were sent to the authority. Today I got a letter from the authority asking the doctor who conducted the medical check up, to submit also my wife's chest xray report to complete her medical assesment. They ask to submit the report. But there was a line in the letter mentioning to submit the report within 60 days from the letter of issuannce was cancelled by a pen.
My question is, my wife would not be able to perform the xray until delivery, i.e mid of Feb 05. Can anyone tell me, will that be problem if we submit the xray report for her after the delivery. In that case it seems that we have no other choice but to wait another five months.

What can we do now?
Old Oct 13th 2004, 5:30 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: chest x ray delayed for pregnancy?

Instead of taking medicals now you should have notified visa post that you are expecting a baby and that you will add baby to your application and do medicals for all as soon as baby is born in February. Medical decision for your wife won't be made without X-rays, thus no visas will be approved yet anyway.

Send a letter now notifying visa post about it and ask them for instructions.

Originally Posted by mahdi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I got the paper for medical check up and submitting landing fee last August 20, 2004. They asked to submit it within 60 days. Accordingly we have done our medical check up (Me, my wife and 2 years son) at the specified medical center. As we are expecting baby next February, the medical officer did not conduct the chest X-Ray for my wife only. All other medical reports except the chest xray report only for my wife (as xray is forbidden during pregnancy) were sent to the authority. Today I got a letter from the authority asking the doctor who conducted the medical check up, to submit also my wife's chest xray report to complete her medical assesment. They ask to submit the report. But there was a line in the letter mentioning to submit the report within 60 days from the letter of issuannce was cancelled by a pen.
My question is, my wife would not be able to perform the xray until delivery, i.e mid of Feb 05. Can anyone tell me, will that be problem if we submit the xray report for her after the delivery. In that case it seems that we have no other choice but to wait another five months.

What can we do now?
Old Oct 13th 2004, 5:40 am
Just Joined

mahdi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice, I 'll be informing the authority about that. But will I need to go through the medical test again or it will be for my wife only, for the chest x ray?
Old Oct 13th 2004, 5:52 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mahdi

Originally Posted by mahdi
Thanks for the advice, I 'll be informing the authority about that. But will I need to go through the medical test again or it will be for my wife only, for the chest x ray?
It depends, if you are in the US or Canada, Buffalo may extend the medical by 3 months. If not, then if you application is not complete with the addition of the baby by July/05, then you and your family will require another medical.

PMM