Chequered past?

Old Sep 14th 2004, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Neida Visa is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Chequered past?

What do you do if the gaps you have in your career are periods of housewifery or househusbandry?

How important is it to have a terrific CV all through your life or is it weighted more towards what you do now rather than what you did as a drunken teenager.

What happens if you just can't account for certain periods. And i don't mean the demon drink.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 11:43 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chequered past?

All periods must be accounted for and activities listed, regardless if it was employment, study, being a housewife, sailing around the world or just doing nothing.

Originally Posted by Neida Visa
What do you do if the gaps you have in your career are periods of housewifery or househusbandry?

How important is it to have a terrific CV all through your life or is it weighted more towards what you do now rather than what you did as a drunken teenager.

What happens if you just can't account for certain periods. And i don't mean the demon drink.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

I understand that they must be accounted for, but how can one account for a period of time in which one was a housewife? What proof would I have? Also, any period of unemployment would be difficult to prove...most confused...would be grateful of advice

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
All periods must be accounted for and activities listed, regardless if it was employment, study, being a housewife, sailing around the world or just doing nothing.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 8:24 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

I understand that they must be accounted for, but how can one account for a period of time in which one was a housewife? What proof would I have? Also, any period of unemployment would be difficult to prove...most confused...would be grateful of advice

We just listed them as Home and Familiy management (Houswife sounded kinda quaint) with no documentation. If the visa officer wants a reference letter, our 4-year old can draw a picture???
For unemployment perhaps you can get a statement from the office where you registered as unemployed.

Last edited by mhhp; Sep 14th 2004 at 8:28 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 4:20 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Those periods don't need to be supported by any evidence, but must be listed.

Old Sep 15th 2004, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

on the CIC site they ask your history "during the past 10 years or since age 18, whichever period is longer" ( a more complicated way to say " since age 18 ) ....on the other hand, in it's application kit, Paris says : " during the last 10 years, but only since 18th birthday "
Quite confusing, to say the least.
Julius

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Those periods don't need to be supported by any evidence, but must be listed.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 7:43 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by juliusmaximus
on the CIC site they ask your history "during the past 10 years or since age 18, whichever period is longer" ( a more complicated way to say " since age 18 )
Actually I think if you are 20 that means since age 10, but yes it is complicated,

or its a test
Old Sep 16th 2004, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

I think you have a point there - it's beginning to look like one of those jokes where you're wrong no matter how you answer it. However, seeing as I've never been able to remember the punch line of a joke . ever. I can offer no example

As far as the housewife post is concerned, many thanks for the alternative job spec. Home and family management makes me sounds as though I didn't sit with my hands in finger paint/glue/dirty nappies most of the day, eating packets of rusks through the frustration of having no one over the age of 2 to talk to.

Neida

Originally Posted by mhhp
Actually I think if you are 20 that means since age 10, but yes it is complicated,

or its a test