Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Checklist differences causing confusion

Checklist differences causing confusion

Old Aug 1st 2005, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

robwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the rough
Question Checklist differences causing confusion

Just organising application into relevant sections before posting and came across difference in checklists.
The checklist we printed off from CIC website differs from the checklist we got throught the post from CHC London.

The new checklist just arrived from CHC and has tag number 5, Immigrant summary and supplimentary information form.
Firstly, does anyone know what this is ?

It also states, photos to be tag number 14 which contradicts other instructions asking photo envelopes to be stapled to Application for PR form.tag number 1.

Are we supposed to tag each section or am I just paranoid ?

Any advice would be helpfull.
Rob
Old Aug 1st 2005, 2:36 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of
Default Re: Checklist differences causing confusion

Here are the forms.
Use both checklists, and get all the information each of them wants. Attach each tag to the relevant pages with a paperclip.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by robwrx
Just organising application into relevant sections before posting and came across difference in checklists.
The checklist we printed off from CIC website differs from the checklist we got throught the post from CHC London.

The new checklist just arrived from CHC and has tag number 5, Immigrant summary and supplimentary information form.

It also states, photos to be tag number 14 which contradicts other instructions asking photo envelopes to be stapled to Application for PR form.tag number 1.

Rob
Old Aug 1st 2005, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

robwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the roughrobwrx is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for info.

How come this form isn't part of the CIC application forms we down loaded.
All info asked for is a repeat of info asked for in the forms we have completed.
Is it really required ?

Originally Posted by Wannabe
Here are the forms.
Use both checklists, and get all the information each of them wants. Attach each tag to the relevant pages with a paperclip.

Good luck!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 2:54 am

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

No idea why it's not part of the CIC package...
I definitely wouldn't want to take the chance of not including it, and as you say - it's a repeat of info already given, so it's not hard to fill it out. Better safe than sorry...

Thanks for info.

How come this form isn't part of the CIC application forms we down loaded.
All info asked for is a repeat of info asked for in the forms we have completed.
Is it really required ?
Old Aug 1st 2005, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

Just noticed on the form you sent me that it says circle the answers yes or no.
This must surely be an old format not in use now as all other forms can be completed on computer.
Not hard for some to complete but I am a contract engineer and my job history reads like war and peace having had so many jobs over last 10 years, its so long.

Has anyone else completed this form lately ?

thanks for all info
Rob

Originally Posted by Wannabe
No idea why it's not part of the CIC package...
I definitely wouldn't want to take the chance of not including it, and as you say - it's a repeat of info already given, so it's not hard to fill it out. Better safe than sorry...
Old Aug 1st 2005, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough

Hi Rob

I have filled in the form recently and I ended up attaching several extra sheets since I (and I imagine many people are the same) have had more than three jobs and three addresses in the last 10 years.

I agree - it is odd that you can fill all the other forms out online but not this one and all the information is on the other forms somewhere but it doesn't take that long and isprobably a good idea. Overcommunication is better than undercommunication and all that!

Good luck

Kaz x
Old Aug 1st 2005, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

M_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really nice

Hi Rob,

No you're not being paranoid...we've just started our application process and were confident that we had everything covered until someone mentioned this suplimentary form on the CHC site. No problem with that...until we also realised that the CHC checklist differs from the LONDON SPECIFIC form you get from CIC.

I can see the sense in sending all the information required on all the forms, but they do contradict each other (how many photos to sign, staple or clip etc) and I still don't think these questions have been adequately answered here.

It is worth noting that the CIC checklist is dated more recently than the CHC one - December 2004 as opposed to March 2003. We queried this with CHC who said use theirs (oh, and wait 30 months now apparantly), but this doesn't make sense when you know that CIC have updated their forms and stating clearly they are the ones to be used for the London office - don't they talk to each other??

Sorry I have nothing constructive to add to your post Rob, but I know from several private messages received from other people on here that this issue has got people very confused and worried. I don't think it is possible to use a mix of both forms as has been suggested, we just need to know who is right - CIC (the 'head office' if you like) or their sub-office at CHC.

Please post up again if you find an answer

M
Old Aug 1st 2005, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Checklist differences causing confusion

Hurray.
Brilliant reply M_&_J.
Thanks to all others, comments are appreciated but finally someone understands me perfectly and thinks the same as we do.
Yes I agree the forms do contradict, hence the confusion.
Your comments are spot on and I had to laugh about the photos, clip or staple etc. or was it seal the envelope.
And what about the tag numbering, that doesn't match the checklist either.
Still a few things to sort before posting off our application but my head is battered already.

Best of luck to all.
Rob

Originally Posted by M_and_J
Hi Rob,

No you're not being paranoid...we've just started our application process and were confident that we had everything covered until someone mentioned this suplimentary form on the CHC site. No problem with that...until we also realised that the CHC checklist differs from the LONDON SPECIFIC form you get from CIC.

I can see the sense in sending all the information required on all the forms, but they do contradict each other (how many photos to sign, staple or clip etc) and I still don't think these questions have been adequately answered here.

It is worth noting that the CIC checklist is dated more recently than the CHC one - December 2004 as opposed to March 2003. We queried this with CHC who said use theirs (oh, and wait 30 months now apparantly), but this doesn't make sense when you know that CIC have updated their forms and stating clearly they are the ones to be used for the London office - don't they talk to each other??

Sorry I have nothing constructive to add to your post Rob, but I know from several private messages received from other people on here that this issue has got people very confused and worried. I don't think it is possible to use a mix of both forms as has been suggested, we just need to know who is right - CIC (the 'head office' if you like) or their sub-office at CHC.

Please post up again if you find an answer

M
Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Suzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant future

Hi

I only used the London checklist.

The Immigrant Summary Form is a bit makeshift - I ended up attaching several supplementary sheets to it.

Suze

Rob
Old Aug 1st 2005, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Checklist differences causing confusion

Have now completed the immigrant summary forms with supplementary sheets because its an iffy form and decided to use the London checklist and tag numbering.
Had to go for a beer last night to chill out

Thanks for all advice.
This is a great forum with many good people in same boat.

All the best
Rob

Originally Posted by Suzey
Hi

I only used the London checklist.

The Immigrant Summary Form is a bit makeshift - I ended up attaching several supplementary sheets to it.

Suze
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

Suzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant future

Good luck with your application. Have you sent it yet? You'll have to keep us informed of your progress.

Suze

Have now completed the immigrant summary forms with supplementary sheets because its an iffy form and decided to use the London checklist and tag numbering.
Had to go for a beer last night to chill out

Thanks for all advice.
This is a great forum with many good people in same boat.

All the best
Rob
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Hiya

Waiting for police checks to come back and then it will be posted.
Can't even begin to think about the long wait.
It will be murder.

Rob

Originally Posted by Suzey
Good luck with your application. Have you sent it yet? You'll have to keep us informed of your progress.

Suze
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

M_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really nice

Good luck Rob, hope you're a bit more chilled now!

As for our application - well I am determined to get to the bottom of this issue!

Those that applied before December 2004 will not have had this worry as the checklists would have been the same, but from this year there are *new* London forms on CIC and I think its bad practice for CHC not to offer the same forms, or at least explain why they continue to work with the old ones. They seem to be forgetting that we're paying a lot of non-refunable money with our application, the least they could do is offer a UK contact number to handle such queries.

*end of rant!*

M
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

I applied December 2003 and seem to remember the checklists being quite different then as well.

I only used the London one but in retrospect would probably include the information that *both* of them ask for, as like you say, the application fee is non-refundable!

Good luck - I often think gathering the info and all the pre-app stuff is far worse than anything else!

Suze

Good luck Rob, hope you're a bit more chilled now!

As for our application - well I am determined to get to the bottom of this issue!

Those that applied before December 2004 will not have had this worry as the checklists would have been the same, but from this year there are *new* London forms on CIC and I think its bad practice for CHC not to offer the same forms, or at least explain why they continue to work with the old ones. They seem to be forgetting that we're paying a lot of non-refunable money with our application, the least they could do is offer a UK contact number to handle such queries.

*end of rant!*

M
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 5:10 am

I applied in January 2004, and the two lists were definitely different then as well.

Those that applied before December 2004 will not have had this worry as the checklists would have been the same, ...