Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Checking status online with a provisional file number

Wikiposts

Checking status online with a provisional file number

Old Dec 19th 2008, 8:11 am

tinytears is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Checking status online with a provisional file number

I applied for PR after 27th Feb and have been given a "provisional file number" but I don't seem to be able to access online to find out the status of the application.

I have recently written in "dismissing" our Attorneys and I'm trying to check where the application is up to and when we will be getting the refund and where the refund will be sent as we have reason to believe the attorneys will not be returning the fees paid to the CIC.

I now can't get any information at all to find out what will happen, the application will definately be returned as it wasn't on "the list".

Can anyone help or have any experience they can share?

Thanks.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:30 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Checking status online with a provisional file number

Hi,

what kind of format is the reference you have? ie B 0000-0000 1????

Have you been able to register for an epass, prior to the application on line status page of CIC website?
Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Hi,

what kind of format is the reference you have? ie B 0000-0000 1????

Have you been able to register for an epass, prior to the application on line status page of CIC website?
Yes it is a B 0000 - 0000 1 but I put it all in without the spaces. I haven't registered for an epass, I just assumed (wrongly possibly) that you could click on the link and check your application??
Old Dec 19th 2008, 10:12 am

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinytears
Yes it is a B 0000 - 0000 1 but I put it all in without the spaces. I haven't registered for an epass, I just assumed (wrongly possibly) that you could click on the link and check your application??
hi

you have to register for epass first, drop the B and the last digit of the numbers mine was a 1 , and it leaves 8 digits, can't remember if I put it as 0000-0000 or just 00000000,

give the above a try on epass see how you get on
Old Dec 19th 2008, 10:13 am

Aha, will give that a go thank you!
Old Dec 19th 2008, 10:42 am

I got as far as the client number but no variations of the file number would work.

:curse:
Old Dec 19th 2008, 10:45 am

I got as far as the client number but no variations of the file number would work.

:curse:
can you change client number to "immigration file number"?
Old Dec 19th 2008, 11:01 am

can you change client number to "immigration file number"?
No there isn't an option for that I tried it.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 11:03 am

No there isn't an option for that I tried it.
sorry I am stumped perhaps because it is a provisional file no it hasn't be loaded to CIC yet??

Last edited by nikki dreaming; Dec 19th 2008 at 11:09 am.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 11:13 am

sorry I am stumped perhaps because it is a provisional file no it hasn't be loaded to CIC yet??
Probably, thank you so much for your help though. I was able to email them to ask for help when it locked me out so hopefully I can find a way to access it.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there,
I haven't logged on for awhile to check ours but I remember that I found it a little confusing because, when picking your country, there is an option for "United Kingdom and colonies" which I kept trying to no avail...But I can't remember if someone pointed it out or if I just checked the rest of the list because there is actually "England" on the list and when I selected that I could pull up our record (funnily enough - d'oh).
We seem to have to select "United Kingdom" for everything nowadays so I didn't even look for England initially but thought it might be worth pointing out in case you may have also fallen into the same trap...
Hope that helps.
Cheers
Tim
Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Tim Steer
Hi there,
I haven't logged on for awhile to check ours but I remember that I found it a little confusing because, when picking your country, there is an option for "United Kingdom and colonies" which I kept trying to no avail...But I can't remember if someone pointed it out or if I just checked the rest of the list because there is actually "England" on the list and when I selected that I could pull up our record (funnily enough - d'oh).
We seem to have to select "United Kingdom" for everything nowadays so I didn't even look for England initially but thought it might be worth pointing out in case you may have also fallen into the same trap...
Hope that helps.
Cheers
Tim
Thanks Tim, I will try that too.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light

This site is amazing.

Who needs Jeeves!

I have been trying to check my application since I sent it off a couple of weeks ago. I did what you said and put iin England and my information came up.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by englishrose1
This site is amazing.

Who needs Jeeves!

I have been trying to check my application since I sent it off a couple of weeks ago. I did what you said and put iin England and my information came up.
Hey - No worries...You will find a lot of help on here, as I have, and its only right to pass it on...We are all in the same boat after all
Cheers
Tim
Old Dec 20th 2008, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Tim Steer
Hey - No worries...You will find a lot of help on here, as I have, and its only right to pass it on...We are all in the same boat after all
Cheers
Tim
Didn't work for me :-( may try again later from the beginning.

Argh so frustrating!!