Checking on PR Card

Old Sep 8th 2021, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

adrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Checking on PR Card

I have a number on the back of my PR card PB(7 digit;s) whats that ?
under my name on the front of the card it says ID no: xxxx-xxxx thats' my uci ?
Old Sep 8th 2021, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

adrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, This is where you were born. It is the country you have entered on your application to IRCC.
On my form I always put United Kingdom,

on the IRCC webform it shows ENGLAND and UNITED KINGDOM
on the Client Application Status form it shows England and UK British Subject

confused me too
Old Sep 16th 2021, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

***UPDATE***
I received an email stating

-----------------------------------
UCI: 6217****

This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2021/05/28.

ADRIAN ****** J****
------------------------------------

So that at least that;'s something. I also confirmed that the UCI is 8 digit;s with no dash
You may use your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number located on this correspondence to check the status of your application on the IRCC website.

However the website still can't find me, I guess because it's only been confirmed received (4 months later) and not processed.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it.

I was concerned about them not having got it or lost it.

so just waiting now, hope this helps someone else
Old Sep 16th 2021, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

also this note in the email

Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications.
For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.
Old Sep 16th 2021, 3:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adrianj
I have a number on the back of my PR card PB(7 digit;s) whats that ?
under my name on the front of the card it says ID no: xxxx-xxxx thats' my uci ?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step4

Your Unique Client Identifier (UCI) as shown on your Record of Landing (IMM 1000), Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688), or Last Permanent Residence Card (PR Card):

You can find your client ID number or UCI on your:
  • Permanent Resident Card (PR Card)
    • the number next to your photograph
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)
    • the number at the top right corner of the document
  • Record of Landing (IMM 1000)
    • if there is no client ID number listed, provide the document number located at the bottom right corner that begins with a W followed by 9 digits (Example: W 012 345 678)
The UCI is an eight or ten-digit number
Old Sep 16th 2021, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, but I wasn't sure if the dash was required, the UCI is printed on the email as a 8 digit number in my case)
and yes I'm sure it is in other documentation, on my PR card it has a dash

Really to ID yourself, shouldn't need any more than full name, DOB, passport number, landing date and place, more than enough to confirm your identity
the software should not need to worry about case, or how you completed the forms.

The website leaves a lot to be desired, it fails, if the information is "suspected" to be wrong and doesn't tell you, gives you a whole host of generic info
each tab though is fairly straightforward, it should error check or tell you that "that" information you are putting in is wrong or a wrong format, so you
have a fighting chance. very frustrating, not user friendly at all.

I'm sure the must get 1000's if calls or emails, which wastes there time, I mean is it so difficult to have something tagged on your application so you get
something back within at least 7-10 business days, that they GOT the application and leave them to do it. With a note saying don't contact us till
after the xyz period.

Can't imagine with people whose 1st language is not English who will run into problems, there must be a market as people are advertising

Imagine the mark-up....

If it wasn't for forums like this people would be lost, shouldn't have to be that way

Originally Posted by Siouxie;13052171The UCI is an [b
eight or ten-digit number[/b]
Old Sep 19th 2021, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

***UPDATE***
Just checked on line today
See below, and also to confirm, it does NOT work for UK-British Subject, in my case, ENGLAND
txs all

Old Sep 26th 2021, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Permanent Resident Card

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 28, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 16, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 16, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 22, 2021.
pretty much 4 months, not bad