Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Checking on application PR Card replacement

Checking on application PR Card replacement

Old Jun 17th 2022, 5:26 pm
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Checking on application PR Card replacement

To my shame and extreme irritation, I lost my PR card recently. I mailed off the application for a replacement and paid the fee at the end of May and can see from the tracking # that it was received at the processing centre, but when I search online for a status update it says there's no record of the application.

I've tried searching by my UCI number, COPR number and previous PR card number, but no luck.

Is this common or should I be concerned?
Old Jun 17th 2022, 5:58 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Checking on application PR Card replacement

Originally Posted by crofty82
To my shame and extreme irritation, I lost my PR card recently. I mailed off the application for a replacement and paid the fee at the end of May and can see from the tracking # that it was received at the processing centre, but when I search online for a status update it says there's no record of the application.

I've tried searching by my UCI number, COPR number and previous PR card number, but no luck.

Is this common or should I be concerned?
Your only concern need be when Canada will enter the 21st Century.

Although checking status on line is advertised, the status only shows when it's actually been processed.

I and others have had exactly the same thing. It's even possible that you receive the replacement card before the account is updated.

It should be shocking, but somehow it's not.
Old Jun 17th 2022, 6:15 pm

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Your only concern need be when Canada will enter the 21st Century.

Although checking status on line is advertised, the status only shows when it's actually been processed.

I and others have had exactly the same thing. It's even possible that you receive the replacement card before the account is updated.

It should be shocking, but somehow it's not.
Thanks, pretty consistent from IRCC then. Having not had to deal with them for 3 years since we became PR, one had forgotten just how glacial their pace of updating inline portals is.
Old Jun 17th 2022, 6:33 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crofty82
Thanks, pretty consistent from IRCC then.
I'm getting the same thing from Service Canada.

OAS application made over a year ago. Checking status on my SC account shows they don't have it - although there is a 'helpful' note that says something like it's possible they do have it but just not recorded.
It's also been confirmed to me that status isn't shown until it's completely processed.
While you wait to speak to someone because you can't find out what's happening, one of the recordings says "did you know you can check the status of your application on line?"

Old Jun 17th 2022, 6:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I opened a similar thread several weeks ago…

Renewing PR Cards
Old Jun 17th 2022, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I opened a similar thread several weeks ago…

Renewing PR Cards
Thank you. Gives me hope that (if they don't lose it) our application will take the advertised 60 days.