Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

checking admissibility to canada...

checking admissibility to canada...

Old Jan 3rd 2005, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

indefinitely is an unknown quantity at this point
Default checking admissibility to canada...

is there a way to check whether or not someone is admissible (or inadmissible for that matter) to canada before even attempting to cross the border...
as to, you know, save time (and money)... in case they may not be for whatever reason?

still worried about the whole thing.. (my previous post --> http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274530)

and hoping there might be some way to find out.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 5:27 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: checking admissibility to canada...

If you have nothing to hide, if you have no intention to lie, omit or misrepresent information or in any way "outsmart" the system then you have nothing to worry.

Originally Posted by indefinitely
is there a way to check whether or not someone is admissible (or inadmissible for that matter) to canada before even attempting to cross the border...
as to, you know, save time (and money)... in case they may not be for whatever reason?

still worried about the whole thing.. (my previous post --> http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274530)

and hoping there might be some way to find out.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

indefinitely is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: checking admissibility to canada...

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If you have nothing to hide, if you have no intention to lie, omit or misrepresent information or in any way "outsmart" the system then you have nothing to worry.

i suppose that's true, isn't it? which is what i keep telling myself... which is the only way i've been able to relax at all. hah...
but i've heard many stories of people who did, in fact, have nothing to hide or lie about or omit, either... and they were 'caught up in the system' because of a glitch or what have you.
i guess it's that which i'm worried about.