Check lists

Old Jul 9th 2011, 5:20 pm

owenjames is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Check lists

Hi, just completed all the forms for the CIO checklist and have now realised there is another checklist for the local London office...this asks for more information, including references from previous and current jobs.

I don't really want to ask my current employer - is the outline they suggest usually sufficient? How far back for previous employers do you need to go? Do previous employers usually provide such detailed references that are requested?

Also do they need originals of birth, marriage, education certificates or can we provide copies....bit concerned about originals?

thanks
Old Jul 9th 2011, 5:36 pm
Onwards towards BC

bedoveruk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Check lists

Originally Posted by owenjames
Hi, just completed all the forms for the CIO checklist and have now realised there is another checklist for the local London office...this asks for more information, including references from previous and current jobs.

I don't really want to ask my current employer - is the outline they suggest usually sufficient? How far back for previous employers do you need to go? Do previous employers usually provide such detailed references that are requested?

Also do they need originals of birth, marriage, education certificates or can we provide copies....bit concerned about originals?

thanks
Can help you with the originals bit.....When we went through it using a representative,every piece of information about us,ie marriage cert,passport copies all had to be certified by a solicitor, for all the paperwork is was about £90 to have it done
Hope this helps
Old Jul 10th 2011, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Canadian_Fig is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent photo copies of our originals...and I just got PPR
We didn't get ours certified though, just all scan copies of both our passports and marriage cert.
You can get them certified some might be able to tell you that it will help but in our case PPR without certification of documents so we didn't need to make that expense.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Elen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really nice

Hi there,

unfortunately you have to do exactly as the checklist requires when it comes to previous/current employer references. I was told by my immigration consultant that it was every employer for the past 10 years (ridiculous right?) It took me a long time to gather up all the references as people were hard to get hold of and weren't exactly in a hurry to do it!

Some of my previous employers/places of work aren't even around anymore so I had to provide some form of proof as to why I couldn't get a reference from them.

Hope this helps and good luck with the long slog!
Old Jul 11th 2011, 9:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you need to supply exactly what they request on the checklist - if you don't provide proof of employment going back 10 years, you may not be given the relevant points for skilled work experience, and your application can be refused.

As far as photocopies or originals, it does tell you exactly what to provide - from memory, it says something like 'provide photocopies unless requested', and the only thing they request an original for is your police check.

You don't have to get stuff notarized though, a recent poll on here showed that only half the respondents bothered to, many others didn't with no problems (including myself).

HTH.