Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

check list-7-Dependents information

check list-7-Dependents information

Old Oct 9th 2008, 4:19 pm
50 and wanting to go back

jimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant future
Post check list-7-Dependents information

Proof of full financial support by parents since reaching age 22

I am assuming that i just need to provide a letter stating that i have had full employent all my life and any other income to support us? would you agree or is it something else? Help please. Thanks jim
Old Oct 9th 2008, 6:24 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: check list-7-Dependents information

Originally Posted by jimbloby7
Proof of full financial support by parents since reaching age 22

I am assuming that i just need to provide a letter stating that i have had full employent all my life and any other income to support us? would you agree or is it something else? Help please. Thanks jim
I don't know which checklist you're referring to. Citizenship and Immigration Canada has many checklists.

I'm also not sure what 7 is. I assume it means item number 7 on the relevant checklist.

An example of a checklist that I found by doing a Google search was Document Checklist - Permanent Residence - Canadian Experience Class.

Item number 7 on that checklist addresses children (that is, the children of the principal applicant or the children of the principal applicant's spouse or common-law partner).

Item number 7 is not about the principal applicant.

If you are the principal applicant, item number 7 is not about you. If you or your spouse or common-law partner have children, item number 7 refers to them.

What CIC is attempting to do is to verify that your children or stepchildren fit the definition of dependents. To find out more about that definition, see the Wiki article called Dependent Child-Canada.

Hope that helps.
x
Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:44 pm

jimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant future
Post Re: check list-7-Dependents information

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
I don't know which checklist you're referring to. Citizenship and Immigration Canada has many checklists.

I'm also not sure what 7 is. I assume it means item number 7 on the relevant checklist.

An example of a checklist that I found by doing a Google search was Document Checklist - Permanent Residence - Canadian Experience Class.

Item number 7 on that checklist addresses children (that is, the children of the principal applicant or the children of the principal applicant's spouse or common-law partner).

Item number 7 is not about the principal applicant.

If you are the principal applicant, item number 7 is not about you. If you or your spouse or common-law partner have children, item number 7 refers to them.

What CIC is attempting to do is to verify that your children or stepchildren fit the definition of dependents. To find out more about that definition, see the Wiki article called Dependent Child-Canada.

Hope that helps.
x
we have a 5 and 7 yearold, (two girls),this is part of the 90 day letter, further information.

CIC are asking me to rovide proof of full financial support since reaching age 22. As i understand, i have to show, that i have provided for our daughters up to there present age financially. Am i correct, and how do i do that?
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:38 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimbloby7
we have a 5 and 7 yearold, (two girls),this is part of the 90 day letter, further information.

CIC are asking me to rovide proof of full financial support since reaching age 22. As i understand, i have to show, that i have provided for our daughters up to there present age financially. Am i correct, and how do i do that?
Since your daughters have not yet reached the age of 22, I would have thought that was irrelevant.

I immigrated to Canada in 1977, and don't remember receive a 90 day letter back in those days. I've never seen a 90 day letter, and have no idea what it says.

I'm guessing that the 90 day letter may be a pre-printed form. That is, it may not have been customized to your specific situation.

If your children are 7 and 5 years old respectively and if they live at the same address as you, I would have thought it was obvious that you were supporting them.

But I'm not an immigration expert. I hope one of them will be along in a while to help you out.
x
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:52 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Judy on this one.
From what I remember of our 90 day letter it was a list of things that they could potentially ask you for , you had to provide the ones that had a tick next to them.

It is not unknown for the person dealing with your paperwork to be a bit distracted or ham fisted and tick the wrong boxes. For example ours wanted us to send the landing fee which they already had. They had also taken three attempts at our file number (and still got it wrong!)

I would be very tempted to email them and point out the bizarre nature of the request. I believe they read emails even if they don't respond!

Or alternatively get your chidren to write a letter in very cute style saying "my daddy buys me things!" ( a bit tongue in cheek that one!)
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:55 am

Talking Re: check list-7-Dependents information

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I'm with Judy on this one.
From what I remember of our 90 day letter it was a list of things that they could potentially ask you for , you had to provide the ones that had a tick next to them.

It is not unknown for the person dealing with your paperwork to be a bit distracted or ham fisted and tick the wrong boxes. For example ours wanted us to send the landing fee which they already had. They had also taken three attempts at our file number (and still got it wrong!)

I would be very tempted to email them and point out the bizarre nature of the request. I believe they read emails even if they don't respond!

Or alternatively get your chidren to write a letter in very cute style saying "my daddy buys me things!" ( a bit tongue in cheek that one!)
I will get the poster paints, and get the kids to paint a picture of us at a cash machine. Hope that works, many thanks jim