Cheap Flights?

Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:18 am
Just Joined

newapojims'wife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheap Flights?

Hello Everyone....

Trying to stay positive, and looking ahead while we're waiting for my Husband's Passport Request to come from London.....

Can anyone recommend a good website for booking economy flights from the U.K. to Canada. ( Or even via the U.S. if necessary...) We've been checking all the well known websites, just wondering if anyone knew of any good deals?

Does anyone fly *stand-by* anymore? When we were students, that use to be a great way to fly, and inexpensive to.

Many thanks!
Old Jun 20th 2005, 6:22 am
Just Joined

BLAW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cheap Flights?

Try http://www.canadian-affair.com/welcomeflash.htm
or http://www.flyzoom.com/

Originally Posted by newapojims'wife
Hello Everyone....

Trying to stay positive, and looking ahead while we're waiting for my Husband's Passport Request to come from London.....

Can anyone recommend a good website for booking economy flights from the U.K. to Canada. ( Or even via the U.S. if necessary...) We've been checking all the well known websites, just wondering if anyone knew of any good deals?

Does anyone fly *stand-by* anymore? When we were students, that use to be a great way to fly, and inexpensive to.

Many thanks!
Old Jun 20th 2005, 7:54 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

IGLU might be worth trying.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Raymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud ofRaymate has much to be proud of

Second that. I use "Canadian Affair" from the UK and my pertner uses "Zoom" from Canada. Both are cheap
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Scoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the rough

i third that, ZOOM and Canadian Affair have been good to us ...
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:10 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scoobsta
i third that, ZOOM and Canadian Affair have been good to us ...
Just checked their prices
seems really cheap!
Would give it a shot for sure....
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Scoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the rough

cannot believe the prices AIR CANADA charge .... totally absurd .. i mean a flight to Australia from London is about two thrids of the cost of a peak ticket to Calgary or Edmonton ....
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by newapojims'wife
Hello Everyone....

Many thanks!
and there's these lot:

http://www.globespan.co.uk/
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Check Lufthansa too, I got a great deal with them...of course you have to go via Frankfurt but it's nothing like the hell of Heathrow at all. Often you end up on an Air Canada flight because of their codeshare alliance, but at a fraction of the price!