Wikiposts

CHC on Thursdays

Old Jun 25th 2009, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Tempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really nice
Default CHC on Thursdays

Really sorry for rehashing an old topic but can't find what I need via the search function!

We're intending to hand in our passports on Thursday at the CHC in London and I wanted to check

a) are the timings def 2 - 3 pm
b) how much earlier do we need to turn up so that we're not at the end of a long queue?
c) is the entrance to queue from obvious when you get there?

I'm panicking we'll be queuing at the wrong door and miss the slot or something!

Sure this whole process drives you round the bend!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

noolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant future
Default Re: CHC on Thursdays

Originally Posted by Tempest
Really sorry for rehashing an old topic but can't find what I need via the search function!

We're intending to hand in our passports on Thursday at the CHC in London and I wanted to check

b) how much earlier do we need to turn up so that we're not at the end of a long queue?

I'm panicking we'll be queuing at the wrong door and miss the slot or something!

Congrats tempest........

a) Yes. It is 2-3 pm.
b) I reached last week about 1:15, and was fifth in the queue.
c) Yes, if you go to the other door, the security will direct you towards the right entrance.

Dont worry. You will be alright..
Best of luck...
Old Jun 25th 2009, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Tempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really nice

Originally Posted by noolan
Congrats tempest........

a) Yes. It is 2-3 pm.
b) I reached last week about 1:15, and was fifth in the queue.
c) Yes, if you go to the other door, the security will direct you towards the right entrance.

Dont worry. You will be alright..
Best of luck...
Fab thanks noolan!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 1:49 am
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info. Bob is going up next Thursday to drop ours off, so the earlier the better then.

Karen
Old Jun 25th 2009, 2:06 am
APC
Just Joined

APC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tempest,

Huge Congrats!

I knew the wait will not be that long for U (I posted earlier, we got our passport back on the 28th May 09) and it looks like all the SAP 06 applicants are getting through now, which is great news

Just a tip - when you go to drop off go a bit earlier 30 min before 2pm as the queue may be long, but this no one knows until you get there. When we dropped our passports off we were 7/8th in the queue and we turned up 15 mins before, we were off on our way by 2.25pm as they starting processing the people waiting to pickup their passports at 1.40pm

When you go to pick up 2 weeks later try again to go 20-30 min earlier if you want to be towards the front - But they do allow everyone who is picking up passports to be processed first before those waiting to drop off and its very quick.

All the best for the future
Old Jun 25th 2009, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

noolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant future

Fab thanks noolan!
Best of luck.....
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by APC
Hi Tempest,

Huge Congrats!

I knew the wait will not be that long for U (I posted earlier, we got our passport back on the 28th May 09) and it looks like all the SAP 06 applicants are getting through now, which is great news

Just a tip - when you go to drop off go a bit earlier 30 min before 2pm as the queue may be long, but this no one knows until you get there. When we dropped our passports off we were 7/8th in the queue and we turned up 15 mins before, we were off on our way by 2.25pm as they starting processing the people waiting to pickup their passports at 1.40pm

When you go to pick up 2 weeks later try again to go 20-30 min earlier if you want to be towards the front - But they do allow everyone who is picking up passports to be processed first before those waiting to drop off and its very quick.

All the best for the future
Thanks APC! We were planning on getting their early but just wasn't sure how early we had to be! Can't wait to finally get the visa back and in our hands now! Think we might be booking our flights for next year tonight... so excited!!

Hope things are all well with you!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kazbob
Thanks for the info. Bob is going up next Thursday to drop ours off, so the earlier the better then.

Karen
We'll race him there Karen!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:28 am
Just Joined

antfarm is an unknown quantity at this point

I went up last Thursday. Arrived about 1.45 and was towards the end of the queue but still left before 3 so I don't think getting their ultra early saves on queuing time.