CHC london reply

Old Sep 12th 2008, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Scientist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CHC london reply

Hi there,
I emailed CHC london regarding status of my application. This is what they replied, "Please be advised that your case is awaiting the results of routine background checks"

What does this mean?

Thank you in advance for your help
Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

dieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: CHC london reply

WOW.... someone has got an email back. Over the past 3 years I must have sent about 4 emails to CHC, none of which have been responded too.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dieseltank
WOW.... someone has got an email back. Over the past 3 years I must have sent about 4 emails to CHC, none of which have been responded too.
I guess it means they are checking on you in terms of names, security stuff if u are inadmissable or not. things like that...... running checks on you that's all.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you bflava
Do you how much would it take for them to complete the background check.
Also does it mean that they are done with initial assessment in my case?

Thank you
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:42 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that they are doing background checks is a positive since they would not start until they were reasonable satisfied with the application. The time it takes depends on many factors including citizenship, countries lived in, work and education history etc. It can take as little as a few months to several years in the extreme.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The fact that they are doing background checks is a positive since they would not start until they were reasonable satisfied with the application. The time it takes depends on many factors including citizenship, countries lived in, work and education history etc. It can take as little as a few months to several years in the extreme.
it all depends on a lot of factors like Sir Jim siad. but if all things are good on you, likely of about 3 months max, maybe am worng but it shows good signs if background checks is being done.. Initial assesement is done dear...

good luck
Old Sep 12th 2008, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you very much for your reply jim
I have been travelling alot for conferences and presentations, would this prolong my background check?
About my education, I have obtained MD, MSc and PhD from three different countries and doing research on cancer in europe.

Thank you for your encouraging note bflava
Old Sep 12th 2008, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scientist
Thank you very much for your reply jim
I have been travelling alot for conferences and presentations, would this prolong my background check?
About my education, I have obtained MD, MSc and PhD from three different countries and doing research on cancer in europe.

Thank you for your encouraging note bflava
I doubt it if the travels has not been like 6 months and u had to provide police report for all countries u have lived in for more than 6 months..

Dont worry if u have nothing to hide, good luck again ...
Old Sep 13th 2008, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

dieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of lightdieseltank is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Scientist..

Please let me know how your application progresses as I see that we applied around the same time. I never received a 60 day letter after my 90 day letter but I'm not sure if thats abnormal or not.

cheers
Old Sep 13th 2008, 12:33 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Since you have spent considerable time in several countries pursuing your studies I would expect some delay for the check.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Thanks alot Jim and Bflava for your replies I was just worried because applications submitted after me were getting medical requests.

Hi Dieseltank, I guess you receive 60 days letter (after the original update letter) only if CHC needs additional docs. If you have already sent all docs then u dont need to worry.

I hope this helps