Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CHC London March/April 2003 applicants?

CHC London March/April 2003 applicants?

Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:13 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default CHC London March/April 2003 applicants?

I am becoming cautiously hopeful that maybe all of us who applied in June/July 2003 may be the next lot to be processed.

What status are any UK citizens who applied to London in March/April 2003 at? And can you give your timelines please.

Many thanks
Tia
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice
Default Re: CHC London March/April 2003 applicants?

Originally posted by Tiaribbon
I am becoming cautiously hopeful that maybe all of us who applied in June/July 2003 may be the next lot to be processed.

What status are any UK citizens who applied to London in March/April 2003 at? And can you give your timelines please.

Many thanks
Tia
Hi Tia,

It will be excellent news if those who applied in June/July 2003 are next in line to be processed. Could you please explain on what grounds you are hopeful.
Thanks
Majj
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:53 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Majj
Hi Tia,

It will be excellent news if those who applied in June/July 2003 are next in line to be processed. Could you please explain on what grounds you are hopeful.
Thanks
Majj
Because I have seen a few of the earlier applicants saying that they have been successful with their PR's.

It seems that most people on here are either Indian Nationals who have been waiting for 3 or 4 years or UK citizens who have applied well after us, in late 2003 or 2004.

I may be wrong in the assessment, but I am ever the optimist!! LOL!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Because I have seen a few of the earlier applicants saying that they have been successful with their PR's.

It seems that most people on here are either Indian Nationals who have been waiting for 3 or 4 years or UK citizens who have applied well after us, in late 2003 or 2004.

I may be wrong in the assessment, but I am ever the optimist!! LOL!
We applied in June 03 and are still waiting. I had kind of given up by Feb/March earlier this year.

The thing I don't understand, other than a speedy AOR, I've heard absolutely nothing. No requests for further information, nothing. I don't think my application was that watertight because I picked up a couple of errors after having sent it in. Mind you I did correct these under cover of a letter.

It just makes you wonder if they have actually read/examined the thing. If they were going to reject me wouldn't they have done it by now.

I know I'm not being optomistic here but it's just such a wait.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:22 pm
Premium Member

We applied in June 03 and are still waiting. I had kind of given up by Feb/March earlier this year.

The thing I don't understand, other than a speedy AOR, I've heard absolutely nothing. No requests for further information, nothing. I don't think my application was that watertight because I picked up a couple of errors after having sent it in. Mind you I did correct these under cover of a letter.

It just makes you wonder if they have actually read/examined the thing. If they were going to reject me wouldn't they have done it by now.

I know I'm not being optomistic here but it's just such a wait.
So we have the same timeline, we also got a speedy AOR, which made us think "yes it will be on it's way in no time", how wrong could we be!

I think that we just sit in a filing cabinet for a year and then just maybe someone will come in every once in a while and dust us off, have a quick read and then chuckling to themselves put us back in the drawer!!!!!

We have our farm in Ontario so we are quite content with just going out there every 6 weeks or so, but we definitely wouldn't say no to PR as quick as you like!! LOL! I am expecting our PR to come sometime around Christmas but at present our plan is not to move until summer 2005 so it SHOULD be through by then.

As no-one else has replied to this thread then I think we can still be cautiously optimistic that maybe all the March candidates have been processed and are living their nice little lives in Canada.

PS We have just updated CHC with new financial status, hoping to give them a little jolt.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

So we have the same timeline, we also got a speedy AOR, which made us think "yes it will be on it's way in no time", how wrong could we be!

I think that we just sit in a filing cabinet for a year and then just maybe someone will come in every once in a while and dust us off, have a quick read and then chuckling to themselves put us back in the drawer!!!!!

We have our farm in Ontario so we are quite content with just going out there every 6 weeks or so, but we definitely wouldn't say no to PR as quick as you like!! LOL! I am expecting our PR to come sometime around Christmas but at present our plan is not to move until summer 2005 so it SHOULD be through by then.

As no-one else has replied to this thread then I think we can still be cautiously optimistic that maybe all the March candidates have been processed and are living their nice little lives in Canada.

PS We have just updated CHC with new financial status, hoping to give them a little jolt.
I did drop them a line last month to find out how far they had got but, guess what, no reply as usual.

The thing is I could have got the application in around Dec 02 but needed to gather proof of relationship (uncle in Toronto) for the last 5 points. This took me 5 months to do. Had to rifle through his documents to gather evidence when he came over in May last year. Then got the application off in June 03 and what does the Can Gov do? they go and drop the points requirement in Spetember 03. What a waste of 6 months!

As long as were are not too far off I wont complain.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

mikejw is on a distinguished road

Many thanks
Tia

Hi
we applied in April 2003 and our file was started by CHC on May 7th 2003.
We received our medical requests 3rd june 2004 after they were sent out on 23rd may 2004.
Had our medicals one week later at the Knightsbridge doctors and were given the O.K. a couple of days later.
I would imagine June/July 2003 medical requests for Skilled worker PR are just around the corner.
mike
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by mikejw
Hi
We received our medical requests 3rd june 2004 after they were sent out on 23rd may 2004.
Had our medicals one week later at the Knightsbridge doctors and were given the O.K. a couple of days later.
I would imagine June/July 2003 medical requests for Skilled worker PR are just around the corner.
mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks for that. Excellent news. Bring on July.

How long do you reckon the wait will be until you get PR?

Majj
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:06 pm
Premium Member

Hi
mike
Eeeks! Thanks for your response Mike, am now worrying that this is just for skilled workers? We are in Business category - so am hoping that they will process them altogether...hope so.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

mikejw is on a distinguished road

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that. Excellent news. Bring on July.

How long do you reckon the wait will be until you get PR?

Majj

Hi Majj
well from the timelines on other sites it seems that it is only 6-8 weeks from medicals until passport requests ( from London chc)and then only 2-3 weeks until you have the visas in your hand.

With our medical requests and interview waiver we were also asked to supply new police checks as ours were now obviously now over 1 year old.The met have said these will take up to 40 days so it may be a good idea is you anticipate MRs soon,to re-apply for Police checks now.
mike
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:24 pm
Premium Member

Hi Majj
well from the timelines on other sites it seems that it is only 6-8 weeks from medicals until passport requests ( from London chc)and then only 2-3 weeks until you have the visas in your hand.

With our medical requests and interview waiver we were also asked to supply new police checks as ours were now obviously now over 1 year old.The met have said these will take up to 40 days so it may be a good idea is you anticipate MRs soon,to re-apply for Police checks now.
mike
Oh that is good news for us because I didn't send ours in with our application (didn't think we needed them) so they only went off a month or so ago. Our police reports only took a week to be sent and returned so you shouldn't really have to wait as long as they claim.

Good luck Mike and keep us updated with your progress.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Majj

mike
Yes, the police are about to expire, so I will nip down to the local police station and get some more done.
Thanks for that.

Majj