British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   chc london (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/chc-london-276857/)

paul cooper Jan 11th 2005 6:45 pm

chc london

does anybdy know what hapens to all your paperwork that you have submitted can you get it back from london chc if you had failed and do you have to pay to have it returned to you if you want to try again many thanks

frankieforehead Jan 11th 2005 6:59 pm

Re: chc london

Originally Posted by paul cooper
does anybdy know what hapens to all your paperwork that you have submitted can you get it back from london chc if you had failed and do you have to pay to have it returned to you if you want to try again many thanks

Don't know!!!!!!!!!

Andrew Miller Jan 11th 2005 7:07 pm

None will be returned. You need to make new package.

Originally Posted by paul cooper

Sher Jan 11th 2005 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
None will be returned. You need to make new package.

Hi Andrew,

You mean to say that even the originals that have been sent will not be returned (payslips etc etc)
Thanks

Andrew Miller Jan 11th 2005 9:02 pm

Correct. Why did you submit originals in the first place? CHC London always asked for notarized copies.

Originally Posted by Sher
Hi Andrew,

You mean to say that even the originals that have been sent will not be returned (payslips etc etc)
Thanks

Jameso Jan 12th 2005 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Correct. Why did you submit originals in the first place? CHC London always asked for notarized copies.

Does that mean you have to get every document that you submit to CHC London notarised by a lawyer/sollicitor????

Thanks in advance, Jameso

Majj Jan 13th 2005 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Jameso
Does that mean you have to get every document that you submit to CHC London notarised by a lawyer/sollicitor????

Yes, apart from the Police Certificates.

gooding Jan 13th 2005 1:01 pm

I know of a two people who filed applications without nototised copies of any documents, and they got visas. They were British citizens born bred and educated in the UK.
One couple phoned London to ask, and were told that it was not necessary, for all documents if application from UK.
Other applicants have had the whole package returned for not having things notorised.
I did not want to take the chance.
When you read the manual and guidelines it reads that you do need to. We did at a cost of £150 and I am glad we did, rather than chance it all being sent back.
We made photocopy of everything we sent, just incase it all got lost in post, and because all the inforamtion had taken 4 months to collect, and may be very good to refer back to for future reference.

Tiaribbon Jan 13th 2005 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by gooding
I know of a two people who filed applications without nototised copies of any documents, and they got visas. They were British citizens born bred and educated in the UK.
One couple phoned London to ask, and were told that it was not necessary, for all documents if application from UK.

I also called CHC to ask this and they also told me that they didn't need to be notorised. Mind you we are in a very different category from most of you and don't supply as many documents as you have to. Having said that I did send original business accounts and tax returns as both accountant and IR sent me duplicates.

Jameso Jan 13th 2005 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by gooding
Other applicants have had the whole package returned for not having things notorised.
I did not want to take the chance.
When you read the manual and guidelines it reads that you do need to. We did at a cost of £150 and I am glad we did, rather than chance it all being sent back.
We made photocopy of everything we sent, just incase it all got lost in post, and because all the inforamtion had taken 4 months to collect, and may be very good to refer back to for future reference.

Thanks godding, just to be clear, which class did you apply in? and, can you give some examples of the types of documents you had to get notarised??

Thanks again, jameso

gooding Jan 13th 2005 2:12 pm

We are in the skilled worker class, and basically I did everything that I sent copies for. There was awfulful lot of them. The notary just weighed then in his hand and picked a price out of his head. He had never done it for anyone before!
He stamped everysheet on reverse with solicitors seal, date and signed each one as a true copy of the original
The police certificate was original, as were our letters stating why we feel we are proficient in English, french etc. hand written. We also had originals from my husbands work. oh nd the application was original! ( I took a copy for myself to refer to if needed)

Reading on one website, I read that they ask you to do this because there is a high area of fraud here by some people, and it saves them time.
Getting a notary to check as best as they can that the document is a true copy ( not forgery) of an original, saves time with processing.
If you sent all originals to CHC, they do not have the man power to copy all original documents check them,then they have the cost of returning the originals to you.
If you send just copies, that cannot be checked against originals, then they cannot be sure if they have not been doctered
If there was any questions raised about any of you documents being a genuine copy,that were not notorised, they may decide to send the lot back.

Thanks godding, just to be clear, which class did you apply in? and, can you give some examples of the types of documents you had to get notarised??

Thanks again, jameso