Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Changing to visitor status IEC to PR

Changing to visitor status IEC to PR

Old Mar 16th 2014, 7:30 am
Just Joined

lozza23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing to visitor status IEC to PR

Hi all

I have done a search and reading up on this matter but just wanted to check I'm getting most up to date info as I can't remember what I did before in between iec permits..

I am about to submit my app for common law sponsorship but will need visitor status between my iec expiring and pr being approved.

How long before current expiring do I have to change my status status.. Do I have to do it 30 days before my iec permit expires or can I just do it just before my iec permit runs out? Also do I need to provide anything?

Thanking you!

Lx
Old Mar 16th 2014, 10:00 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing to visitor status IEC to PR

Originally Posted by lozza23
Hi all

I have done a search and reading up on this matter but just wanted to check I'm getting most up to date info as I can't remember what I did before in between iec permits..

I am about to submit my app for common law sponsorship but will need visitor status between my iec expiring and pr being approved.

How long before current expiring do I have to change my status status.. Do I have to do it 30 days before my iec permit expires or can I just do it just before my iec permit runs out? Also do I need to provide anything?

Thanking you!

Lx
You need to change to visitor status before your IEC work permit expires, CIC recommend 1 month before but you could send it up to a week before.

You need to give reasons, show that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and also to buy a return ticket, acknowledge that should your application be refused you know you will have to leave. If you are submitting an application for PR, try and pay the fee's before you do the application to change conditions to visitor and include a copy clearly marked 'PR application fees'. If you have already submitted your PR application beforehand, send a copy of your sponsorship approval if you have received it.