Changing Visa

Old Mar 7th 2016, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

muners is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing Visa

My wife has a visitors visa tied to my work permit.
CBSA have said that will change it for an open work permit also tied to mine if we drive to North Portal.
I didn't ask the guy on the phone but could we not go to the local office in Saskatoon instead of the long round trip down south?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 8th 2016, 12:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing Visa

Originally Posted by muners
My wife has a visitors visa tied to my work permit.
CBSA have said that will change it for an open work permit also tied to mine if we drive to North Portal.
I didn't ask the guy on the phone but could we not go to the local office in Saskatoon instead of the long round trip down south?

Thanks in advance.
If there is a local CIC (not CBSA) office in Saskatoon you could with an appointment otherwise its a trip to the border with a copy of OHs work permit if not accompanying, valid passport and $155 for work permit plus $100 for the compliance fee. You can either go into the US for a few hours and paying the $6 for the I94 waiver or ask for the Administrative Refusal and then return to Canada.

IRCC (CIC) Saskatoon

410 22nd Street E, Room 660
Saskatoon, SK
S7K 5T6

Phone 1 888 242 2100 to arrange appointment and have your UCI# available which is in your VR and looks like 7897-5634