Wikiposts

changing NOC on 90 day update??

Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

coal has a spectacular aura aboutcoal has a spectacular aura aboutcoal has a spectacular aura about
Default changing NOC on 90 day update??

I submitted an application for permanent residence (skilled worker) in October 2005. I have received my 90 day update letter and am about to send the documents.

My job, freelance film / video editor is in two NOC categories. I put down 5225 on my original application but now think that 5131 - film editor- may better reflect my job. 5225 does seem to cover my work but 5131 looks like it might be a better match. Is it advisable to change the NOC classification at this stage on the updated forms? I still do the same job as when I first applied.

I would like to get some feedback on this and would also like to hear from anyone else who might work in television.

Many thanks, Coal.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all
Default Re: changing NOC on 90 day update??

I am an AOR Nov 2005 applicant.

I had to change my NOC category on my updated application as I had changed my occupation since I originally applied - fortunately it was still an eligible category

This seemed to cause no problem at all and I received a request for medicals within 28 days of submitting my updated information.

If you enclose a job description with your evidence, would this help clarify your type of work?
Old Apr 20th 2008, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

coal has a spectacular aura aboutcoal has a spectacular aura aboutcoal has a spectacular aura about

I could add a job description. Unlike you I have not changed jobs since the original application but just want to reclassify. Just wondering if this will cause confusion.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all

If both NOC codes make you eligible under the system and give you the points, why worry about the detail of which one?

I know - easy for me to say - but just trying to stand back and look at it objectively!