Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Changing jobs while waiting for PR

Changing jobs while waiting for PR

Old Oct 19th 2011, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

LMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant future
Default Changing jobs while waiting for PR

We are still waiting to be called for medicals under FSW2 application. Really thought we would be much further ahead than we are. Has anybody changed jobs while waiting? Does complicate or slow down an application even more if I get another LMO and TWP for another employer? Any advice appreciated!!
Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

pacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Changing jobs while waiting for PR

Done this aces times first have you got a provincial nomination with me I. Had to pass my red seal plumbing exam then you don't need LMO then look at the limitations on your TWP to see if you tied into that first employer if you are you have to get a written job offer with hourly rate then apply for new work permit takes six weeks so they have to keep the job open for you. You are not allowed to work until you get the new TWP if you are on the PNP you will not need a LMO which I think they are not giving out much
Peter
Old Oct 20th 2011, 3:33 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pacepeter
Done this aces times first have you got a provincial nomination with me I. Had to pass my red seal plumbing exam then you don't need LMO then look at the limitations on your TWP to see if you tied into that first employer if you are you have to get a written job offer with hourly rate then apply for new work permit takes six weeks so they have to keep the job open for you. You are not allowed to work until you get the new TWP if you are on the PNP you will not need a LMO which I think they are not giving out much
Peter
The OP is FSW Cat 2, not PNP, so the situation is quite different to yours.

To LMBrian
It is not a problem to have changed employer while on TWP and going through the PR.
If you get a new LMO for your new job then all you need to do it inform CIC of the details and that is fine.
I believe CanadaJimmy did that exact thing quite recently.

We are also FSW Cat 2, btw and waiting for meds too. Hope we both hear some good news soon.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

LMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant future

Thanks for the feedback folks. This waiting is so frigging frustrating. Really thought would be much further ahead at this stage!!
Old Oct 21st 2011, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12
To LMBrian
It is not a problem to have changed employer while on TWP and going through the PR.
If you get a new LMO for your new job then all you need to do it inform CIC of the details and that is fine.
I believe CanadaJimmy did that exact thing quite recently.
Indeed I did, still waiting to hear from Buffalo though!