Changing job on TWP

Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

gjspain will become famous soon enoughgjspain will become famous soon enough
Default Changing job on TWP

Hi There, I am planning on moving jobs, i am here on an e-lmo, and have a twp for two years,. The job has not lived up to my expectations, So i have been looking for another position.

I have been in contact with a company who i want to work for, and they have an lmo already in place. Just needs to have a name attached to it. But the question is, do i have to leave the country to activate the lmo , or can it be done here?, If i have to leave the country, what would you recommend, i am living in Edmonton Alberta.

Many thanks for your help.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing job on TWP

Originally Posted by gjspain View Post
Hi There, I am planning on moving jobs, i am here on an e-lmo, and have a twp for two years,. The job has not lived up to my expectations, So i have been looking for another position.

I have been in contact with a company who i want to work for, and they have an lmo already in place. Just needs to have a name attached to it. But the question is, do i have to leave the country to activate the lmo , or can it be done here?, If i have to leave the country, what would you recommend, i am living in Edmonton Alberta.

Normally you have to flagpole at the POE such as Coutts in Southern Alberta but from what I can recollect I am sure that there is somewhere in Edmonton where you can go and "flagpole" so that you can pick up your new TWP.

Good Luck
Old Sep 12th 2008, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

Hi Thanks Gaynor,

I do hope so, i would welcome anyone who knows , if you can do that and where, or where i can find the information. or if i do have to leave the country, where the nearest point would be to Edmonton,
Old Sep 12th 2008, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Thanks Gaynor,

I do hope so, i would welcome anyone who knows , if you can do that and where, or where i can find the information. or if i do have to leave the country, where the nearest point would be to Edmonton,
Just read something else about this.

I know that you can flagpole for your PR at the CIC office in Edmonton maybe give thema phone call and see if you can do the same for a TWP.

Gaynor
x
Old Sep 12th 2008, 5:39 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

If your current work permit is still valid then simply mail the Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay together with job offer and LMO from new employer to Vegreville:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...end-worker.asp

You won't be able to start working for new employer until positive decision is made though.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that Andrew, do you know how long the process takes approx?
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:11 am

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...n.asp#temp_res
Old Sep 12th 2008, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller View Post
i am sure u have to mail in your new application to change conditions or extend with the new Job offer n LMO to vegreville.

good luck
Old Sep 12th 2008, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by bflava View Post
i am sure u have to mail in your new application to change conditions or extend with the new Job offer n LMO to vegreville.

good luck
And what have I stated in post #5 above?