British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Changing Conditions... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/changing-conditions-470264/)

Jeffinthecity Jul 30th 2007 9:41 pm

Changing Conditions...

Right, so i've sent my application for PR off, now I need to send off an application to change the conditions of my stay. I'm currently on a Bunac visa which will expire on the 30th Sept. I don't want to leave my Canadian partner here...so I want to stay and wait out the processing time here in Toronto. I'll be able to prove that I have enough funds to support myself and my partner will also support me.

When I'm filling in the forms...do I just say that I'm currently waiting for my PR application to be approved and want to stay with my partner in Canada? Or will they presume that I will be trying to live in Canada on a visitors visa?

I hope I'm not being too vague...but anyone who has been through this process please could you give me a helping hand.

Thanks everyone!! :D

Jeffinthecity Jul 31st 2007 6:14 pm

Re: Changing Conditions...

Originally Posted by Jeffinthecity (Post 5126618)
Right, so i've sent my application for PR off, now I need to send off an application to change the conditions of my stay. I'm currently on a Bunac visa which will expire on the 30th Sept. I don't want to leave my Canadian partner here...so I want to stay and wait out the processing time here in Toronto. I'll be able to prove that I have enough funds to support myself and my partner will also support me.

When I'm filling in the forms...do I just say that I'm currently waiting for my PR application to be approved and want to stay with my partner in Canada? Or will they presume that I will be trying to live in Canada on a visitors visa?

I hope I'm not being too vague...but anyone who has been through this process please could you give me a helping hand.

Thanks everyone!! :D

Nobody applied to change their conditions after Bunac visa expires?!

Ahh...I'm in a right 2 and 8!!Someone told me to leave the country and return but then i'll risk only being given a 6 days or 6 weeks etc...rather than 6 months!!!

hmmm

louise033 Jul 31st 2007 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jeffinthecity (Post 5130246)
Nobody applied to change their conditions after Bunac visa expires?!

Ahh...I'm in a right 2 and 8!!Someone told me to leave the country and return but then i'll risk only being given a 6 days or 6 weeks etc...rather than 6 months!!!

hmmm

We weren't in Canada via Bunac but I had a WP and hubby didn't. We extended his visitors visa 3 times and each time said that he was waiting for his PR to be processed.

Hope that helps!

Jeffinthecity Jul 31st 2007 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by louise033 (Post 5130387)
We weren't in Canada via Bunac but I had a WP and hubby didn't. We extended his visitors visa 3 times and each time said that he was waiting for his PR to be processed.

Hope that helps!

Thanks!That does help!

Did you apply through Vegreville and pay the 75 bucks each time or just leave the country and return?

Thanks soo much

louise033 Aug 1st 2007 1:23 am

Originally Posted by Jeffinthecity (Post 5130392)
Thanks!That does help!

Did you apply through Vegreville and pay the 75 bucks each time or just leave the country and return?

Thanks soo much

we applied through Vegreville each time. Make sure you have plenty of time left on your UK passport - we had to get new passports from Ottawa as CIC will only issue you a visa not exceding the life of your passport!