Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Old Mar 17th 2010, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

The Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really nice
Default Re: Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

I can only go from in country experience (BC) but when I recruited for an IT Manager late last year, I received 30+ resumes from applicants. It never crossed my mind that I would have to look outside of Canada as the market was strong. Pastry Chefs on the other hand I know I am going to be looking outside of Canada.
HTH

Originally Posted by AhmadQ
Hi

Are there big chances for "0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers" occupation to be removed from the list?

I know that nobody can give a decisive answer, but feedback from experts who have good knowledge of Canadian labor market will be useful.

Thanks
Ahmad
Old Mar 17th 2010, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

sarahburns is an unknown quantity at this point

Would anyone like to make an assumption for Geologists???

Can't apply until June, as we have only been living together since last June and applying for Common-Law.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:50 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by sarahburns
Would anyone like to make an assumption for Geologists???

Can't apply until June, as we have only been living together since last June and applying for Common-Law.
I would think that the following occupations are going to remain on the list.

# 2113 Geologists, Geochemists and Geophysicists
# 2143 Mining Engineers
# 2144 Geological Engineers
# 2145 Petroleum Engineers
# 7372 Drillers and Blasters – Surface Mining, Quarrying and Construction
# 8221 Supervisors, Mining and Quarrying
# 8222 Supervisors, Oil and Gas Drilling and Service
# 9212 Supervisors, Petroleum, Gas and Chemical Processing and Utilities

with the renewed interest and activity in the Alberta Tar Sands.

I think that 0213 may be on the edge.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

karenD has a brilliant futurekarenD has a brilliant futurekarenD has a brilliant futurekarenD has a brilliant futurekarenD has a brilliant futurekarenD has a brilliant futurekarenD has a brilliant future

For those who have already applied, but who's occupations get dropped off the list, is there a danger that our processing times will suddenly get a lot longer?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenD
For those who have already applied, but who's occupations get dropped off the list, is there a danger that our processing times will suddenly get a lot longer?
Nope, I don't think so.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, I think they could get a bit longer, although probably not dramatically.

There will be a sudden influx of applications now that the imminent changes have been announced from people that want to get theirs in before the list changes. So I think that will alter the processing times for everybody slightly.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

christmasoompa, I'm going to send you a PM, I hope you don't mind!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:02 am
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough

I was not going to apply until later in the year but now I'm worried that the 0213 Computer code will be removed from the list.

Unfortunately I am a bankrupt and will not be discharged officially until 8th June 2010, although I do have a letter to say they have finished all paper work and dealings with me in this matter.

I could apply next month, so they recieve the application the end of April 2010, my common law partner said he will provide proof of funds when that is needed on the 120 letter. Do you think not being a discharged bankrupt would affect my chances or maybe they would not even look at my application until 2 months later anyhow then I would be discharged?

Any advice please would be great.
Thank you all.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jobop
I was not going to apply until later in the year but now I'm worried that the 0213 Computer code will be removed from the list.

Unfortunately I am a bankrupt and will not be discharged officially until 8th June 2010, although I do have a letter to say they have finished all paper work and dealings with me in this matter.

I could apply next month, so they recieve the application the end of April 2010, my common law partner said he will provide proof of funds when that is needed on the 120 letter. Do you think not being a discharged bankrupt would affect my chances or maybe they would not even look at my application until 2 months later anyhow then I would be discharged?

Any advice please would be great.
Thank you all.
If you do a search for 'bankruptcy' you will find a lot of threads on this subject. Have a look at this one - looks like you would be OK?:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=bankrupt+i
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

alya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant future

Gutted!

We can't do our applications either yet as we don't have the 12 months experience. I really hope they don't take mine of the list, but have a feeling from something I have been told, there is a chance it could come off.

NOC 4131 can apparantly be "tweaked" so that if you don't meet the specs excactly you can still get in

Sad today - my heart feels heavy!

Last edited by alya; Mar 18th 2010 at 10:09 am.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:53 am
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the info singingringingtree, think I shall go ahead with my application and keep those fingers and toes crossed

Good luck to everybody else I hope it works out for you all.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice

We were hoping to apply in june,hope they keep carpentry supervisor on there as we do not have enough funds to apply now.

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 12:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamie677
We were hoping to apply in june,hope they keep carpentry supervisor on there as we do not have enough funds to apply now.

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone.
Could you really not apply now? Ebay everything you own, borrow some money, sell a kidney, etc, to get the money?!

Just seems a huge risk to take, if there is any way you can find the money then it makes sense to apply now. Bear in mind that you don't have to show proof of funds until you get your 120 letter (which will take a couple of months roughly - and then of course you have the 120 days in which to send it in), so you'd have approx 4-6 months before you actually had to show the proof of funds.

Also, bear in mind that the proof of funds amount goes up each April.

Good luck whatever you decide.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

timballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just announced today...........http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2010-03-16.asp

Looks as if the list of 'occupations in demand' will be changing shortly, so if you're currently eligible as a SW and thinking of applying, don't delay.
The consultation is open to the public and there is an online form you can fill in via the link above. May not influence the final outcome, but at least it will give you a voice. I filled one in and only took 5 mins.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Could you really not apply now? Ebay everything you own, borrow some money, sell a kidney, etc, to get the money?!

Just seems a huge risk to take, if there is any way you can find the money then it makes sense to apply now. Bear in mind that you don't have to show proof of funds until you get your 120 letter (which will take a couple of months roughly - and then of course you have the 120 days in which to send it in), so you'd have approx 4-6 months before you actually had to show the proof of funds.

Also, bear in mind that the proof of funds amount goes up each April.

Good luck whatever you decide.
We are selling loads on ebay,not sure i can put the kidney on there tho
used all our saving when we went out there last time on a twp but had to come back to the uk for loads of diffrent reasons.

I m thinking we may apply now and just save like mad and hope we have the funds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.