Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Old Nov 5th 2010, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Originally Posted by zub2612
I applied on 23 June and Application is received at 28 June (due to week end). I haven't received any reply yet. please tell me if anyone received any reply who is in similar situation.
I am an accountant and the category was valid until 26/06/2010.
I am not trying to create false hopes, only to share how I would have thought over it - as 26th and 27th were weekend days, there are chances you are given benefit!

Have you followed it over mail with CIO for update? I think best idea would be to write to them explaining the situation, and particularly the fact that on the 23rd you were not aware rather nobody was that the policy would change after couple of days. I still think you will get through.

Bests
Old Nov 5th 2010, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

My first FSW application was received on the 28th June also, and was rejected for lack of an IELTS test.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
My first FSW application was received on the 28th June also, and was rejected for lack of an IELTS test.
Oh!
Old Nov 5th 2010, 10:36 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Salmanizak
I am not trying to create false hopes, only to share how I would have thought over it - as 26th and 27th were weekend days, there are chances you are given benefit!

Have you followed it over mail with CIO for update? I think best idea would be to write to them explaining the situation, and particularly the fact that on the 23rd you were not aware rather nobody was that the policy would change after couple of days. I still think you will get through.

Bests
No benefit of doubt will be given. If your pack was not there on 26th June then you fall under the new rules.