Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Old Jun 27th 2010, 5:43 am
Banned

askanaan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Originally Posted by crazy72
Was it received by CIO before June 26? Didn't you check delivery status with courier? If it is not signed by CIO before June 26 then you are out of luck and you'll get all back.

What you want to "revoke"? Did you really apply without knowing if you qualify or not? You must be joking....
Thanks for your reply
At the time I applied, I qualified. but with the new changes I have to get an arranged employment.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

Originally Posted by askanaan
Thanks for your reply
At the time I applied, I qualified. but with the new changes I have to get an arranged employment.
It is not about when you applied - it is all about when your application was received by CIO. If it was received before June 26 then it will be assessed under old rules.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

alya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant future

Well that's me stuffed then
Old Jun 27th 2010, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply
Hi! Following comments by Crazy72, please check whether your application has been received at the CIO office (NS) - possible by tracking your shipment through the courier service you used. If it has been received before the 26th, you will assessed on previous instructions. In case not, my perception says it will still be processed but on new guidelines and you will receive some feedback from CIO accordingly - but after some time (around 10 weeks may be)

But if I were in your position and my application had reached on or after the 26th, I would have tried to contact CIO to enquire about additional requirements to complete the already sent application; like the Language Test Scores and evidence of arranged employment

Should we assume that your only option is getting through with IT as occupation?

Regards
\
Salman
Old Jun 27th 2010, 9:32 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Salmanizak
Hi! Following comments by Crazy72, please check whether your application has been received at the CIO office (NS) - possible by tracking your shipment through the courier service you used. If it has been received before the 26th, you will assessed on previous instructions. In case not, my perception says it will still be processed but on new guidelines and you will receive some feedback from CIO accordingly - but after some time (around 10 weeks may be)

But if I were in your position and my application had reached on or after the 26th, I would have tried to contact CIO to enquire about additional requirements to complete the already sent application; like the Language Test Scores and evidence of arranged employment

Should we assume that your only option is getting through with IT as occupation?

Regards
\
Salman
I guess I will try to track it down.
I am applying as IT occupation, but I don't have any arranged employment
Old Jun 27th 2010, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

I guess I will try to track it down.
I am applying as IT occupation, but I don't have any arranged employment
You didn't try to track it yet???? The first and simplest thing you should have already done before asking questions here.

"IT occupation"? What exactly it means?
Old Jun 29th 2010, 12:53 pm
Banned

Greetings,
My application as FSW (0213-Computer and Information Systems Managers) will reach the CIO office in a day or two from now, which is after 26th Jun

Actually 0213 has been removed from the list, so will they deduct the application fees and reject the application or will my application be mailed back to me?

Thanks

AK
Old Jun 29th 2010, 12:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

They won't take the fees, it will just be returned. Sorry to hear that.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 1:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
They won't take the fees, it will just be returned. Sorry to hear that.
Thanks... Its ok, it was not meant to be
Cheers
Old Jun 29th 2010, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have already mailed my FSW application with IT Manager occupation on 21st June 6 days back by courier...
What a crap of a "courier" service did you use?
Old Jun 29th 2010, 1:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crazy72
What a crap of a "courier" service did you use?
That's not unusual. Mine took four days and that was only from the UK (with Fedex).

If Askanaan's from somewhere further afield, or there was a weekend in there, 6 days is perfectly normal.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 4:47 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Salmanizak
Definitely shocking for people belonging to eliminated occupations, particularly the bigger ones like IT, Financial and Construction Managers. But certain new additions may bring hopes for another group at the same time; as I was always looking for 1122 (Business Services Professionals) and 2151 (Architects)

Nevertheless, the almost 10 times reduced 'Cap/Limit' on annual number of applications overall as well as per each Occupation is definitely alarming! Compulsary Language test will be another key factor, in terms of proper pre-arrangements before complete application can be sent

Regards
I just wanted to share my thoughts on the Cap/Quota imposed. Its not quite as bad as stated above - although Canada takes roughly 250,000 new immigrants each year not all of those are skilled worker applications - many are spousal sponsorship/family class and PNP applications along with Refugees etc. Dont forget as well that those are immigrants not applications (each application may consist of 4 family members who would become immigrants).

But the reality is that the Central Intake Office processed around 46,000 skilled worker applications in 2009. So an overall cap of 20,000 does mean artificially restricting the numbers who become Skilled Workers over the next 12 months.

The biggest concern really is the individual quota of 1000 per occupation. All occupations have the same quote which means that highly popular applications will obviously fill first. For an occupation such as Biologists 1000 places might be plenty. But for other popular occupations such as "Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management" the quota will fill extremely quickly, within the first couple of months I would expect.

For those in popular occupations its a bit of a race to get applications in first but in addition we have been dealt the additional challenge of a mandatory language test, even for native english speakers, before an application can even be submitted. So the real challenge is to get booked on a language test first because in the UK places for those could start to fill more quickly than usual too. Since you cant submit your application until you have language test results, it will be those people who manage to get the IELTS test taken first that stand the best chance of having their FSW application processed in these popular occupations.

Last edited by Paul Wildy; Jun 29th 2010 at 4:51 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

sr786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
That's not unusual. Mine took four days and that was only from the UK (with Fedex).

If Askanaan's from somewhere further afield, or there was a weekend in there, 6 days is perfectly normal.
yes its not unusual coz i posted on the 24th, express post, but its reaching only on the 30th according to thr tracking. there was the weekend unfortunately. it goes there finally and then returns back!
Old Nov 5th 2010, 12:46 am
Just Joined

zub2612 is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied on 23 June and Application is received at 28 June (due to week end). I haven't received any reply yet. please tell me if anyone received any reply who is in similar situation.
I am an accountant and the category was valid until 26/06/2010.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 3:49 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by zub2612
I applied on 23 June and Application is received at 28 June (due to week end). I haven't received any reply yet. please tell me if anyone received any reply who is in similar situation.
I am an accountant and the category was valid until 26/06/2010.
Sorry to say, but you will be getting a refusal and a refund.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.