Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Old Jun 14th 2010, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

umair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant future
Default Re: Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

foha,
Thanks for the reply.
Dear can you share a link where I can see the 38 skilled occupations? I am a Senior level .NET Professional. Can I put myself into their occupation list?

Update.

Thanks..

Originally Posted by foha2012
Hey Umair,

Welcome to the forum ..

Boss, what I have found out that Canada Immigration seems easier to get than Oz's for a person like myself. I can put my self into one of the 38 listed skilled occupatons - IT systems manager 0213 as I have management experience. The only thing you dont have and I have is IELTS score.

OK here goes ...We need 67 points...

Education - 14 years education (b-com/BA/BSc) Should be 20 or 16
Language - 16 for me as I have R=7,L=7.5,S=8,W=7 (Its the max)
experience - 21 for me as I have 4 or more years of it
Age - 10 for me and you both
Adaptability - for me either 0-3 (dont know for sure)

Total = Comes out to be 67 for me

check this link .... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...sess/index.asp

Currently I am waiting for Vic SS and 1st july changes, Canada is my plan B.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Jun 14th 2010, 12:52 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by umair
Hi foha,
I am umair from AUS forums. Hope you recognized me.
I have seen you are also researching for canadian immigration? I dont have any research on canadian immigration yet. I am interested to know the details regarding canada. So are we eligible for canadian skilled immigration?

Please update.

Thanks..
Umair, to get 16 point for language, you need R=7,L=7.5,W=7,S=7

If you know a little french, you can get 2-4 points more.

I just checked that on the CIC website.

Cheers.

TAA
Old Jun 14th 2010, 1:13 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by umair
foha,
Thanks for the reply.
Dear can you share a link where I can see the 38 skilled occupations? I am a Senior level .NET Professional. Can I put myself into their occupation list?

Update.

Thanks..
Hey Umair,

Here it is ..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...tions.asp#list

Cheers,

TAA
Old Jun 17th 2010, 9:41 am
Banned

askanaan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by foha2012
Hey Umair,

Here it is ..

Cheers,

TAA
Greetings,
I am planning to apply to Canada soon, but I wanted to ask about this list of occupation :

Its mentioned in the page that it was last updated on "2010-01-08".
So I guess still the change to this list haven't been applied yet.

Any advise if it will be applied or not? if yes any expected time frame?

Thanks

AK
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by askanaan
Its mentioned in the page that it was last updated on "2010-01-08".
So I guess still the change to this list haven't been applied yet.
If you read through this thread you'll see that nobody knows. It could be in three hours from now, or three months from now. The Canadian government will not tell people when they are going to announce it, they will just issue a news release and implement the changes, but nobody has any idea when that will be.

If you wish to apply, best to do so as soon as possible.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 12:30 am
Just Joined

sr786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
We're not applying until mid-July! Doh!

We're applying under 0213 (IT manager) so I'm hoping that'll stay on the list...
hi!

hey im sorry to upset you... but im a pnicked stricken 1 too when i read that they are asking all to submit by 30th june as max processing for initial application takes 45 - 9o days. the stage 1 applicants are also affected by the changes as well along with ones who apply in future.
read below.............

Potential Canadian migrants are being urged to submit their applications for migration within the next few weeks, to avoid being shut out ahead of major immigration changes by the Canadian Government.

The Canadian Government has given itself a deadline of 30 September 2010 to identify changes to the Federal Skilled Worker program. The changes are being implemented to reduce the number of new applications lodged after that date and enable the immigration system to catch up with the backlog of applications.

The government is expected to slash the number of occupations on the Priority Occupation List - a list of occupations deemed in great demand and eligible for migration without the requirement of a pre-arranged job offer by a Canadian employer.

The Canadian Government had not yet given any indication which of the 38 occupations currently on the list will be removed on or after 30 September, 2010.

Migrants whose occupation are not on the revised list will no longer be eligible to apply and it may possibly be many years before an opportunity arises again, Canadian Visa Bureau Migration Case Work Manager, Nigel Smith said.

“The new Priority Occupation List will apply to applications yet to be lodged and in all probability to those which have yet to receive Stage 1 approval. Stage 1 approval is normally granted eight to 12 weeks after lodgment,” Mr Smith said.The House of Commons Committee has given the Canadian immigration department until 30 September, 2010 to identify their objectives for the new changes and it is expected that the changes may be implemented anytime from that date onwards.
With this in mind, to ensure the department has a full three months to determine approval for Stage 1, migrants are being urged to begin the visa application process with the Canadian Visa Bureau as soon as possible to ensure their case can be ready in time for submission on 30 June.

“Potential migrants should notify us as soon as possible if they are considering proceeding as we will need to allocate sufficient resources to deal with the surge in lodgments that will inevitably result from this announcement,” Mr Smith said.

im really upset about it coz im not sure whther i can do it before 30th june! i hope no changes for IT!

Last edited by sr786; Jun 21st 2010 at 12:33 am.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

snowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura about

Without being too blunt about it I would presume there is going to be a change in IT roles for sure. The reason I say this is because they are removing the LMO exempt TWP root for IT roles due to the fact there is now enough grads in the country.

This would lead me to think the list will also be without IT roles.

Originally Posted by sr786
hi!

hey im sorry to upset you... but im a pnicked stricken 1 too when i read that they are asking all to submit by 30th june as max processing for initial application takes 45 - 9o days. the stage 1 applicants are also affected by the changes as well along with ones who apply in future.
read below.............

Potential Canadian migrants are being urged to submit their applications for migration within the next few weeks, to avoid being shut out ahead of major immigration changes by the Canadian Government.

The Canadian Government has given itself a deadline of 30 September 2010 to identify changes to the Federal Skilled Worker program. The changes are being implemented to reduce the number of new applications lodged after that date and enable the immigration system to catch up with the backlog of applications.

The government is expected to slash the number of occupations on the Priority Occupation List - a list of occupations deemed in great demand and eligible for migration without the requirement of a pre-arranged job offer by a Canadian employer.

The Canadian Government had not yet given any indication which of the 38 occupations currently on the list will be removed on or after 30 September, 2010.

Migrants whose occupation are not on the revised list will no longer be eligible to apply and it may possibly be many years before an opportunity arises again, Canadian Visa Bureau Migration Case Work Manager, Nigel Smith said.

“The new Priority Occupation List will apply to applications yet to be lodged and in all probability to those which have yet to receive Stage 1 approval. Stage 1 approval is normally granted eight to 12 weeks after lodgment,” Mr Smith said.The House of Commons Committee has given the Canadian immigration department until 30 September, 2010 to identify their objectives for the new changes and it is expected that the changes may be implemented anytime from that date onwards.
With this in mind, to ensure the department has a full three months to determine approval for Stage 1, migrants are being urged to begin the visa application process with the Canadian Visa Bureau as soon as possible to ensure their case can be ready in time for submission on 30 June.

“Potential migrants should notify us as soon as possible if they are considering proceeding as we will need to allocate sufficient resources to deal with the surge in lodgments that will inevitably result from this announcement,” Mr Smith said.

im really upset about it coz im not sure whther i can do it before 30th june! i hope no changes for IT!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 12:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
We're not applying until mid-July! Doh!

We're applying under 0213 (IT manager) so I'm hoping that'll stay on the list...
hi!

i dont want to upset u.... but the changes are going to be affecting the initial stage applicants who havent received a response. it was heart wrenching for me. ... read below

“The new Priority Occupation List will apply to applications yet to be lodged and in all probability to those which have yet to receive Stage 1 approval. Stage 1 approval is normally granted eight to 12 weeks after lodgment,” Mr Smith said.

The House of Commons Committee has given the Canadian immigration department until 30 September, 2010 to identify their objectives for the new changes and it is expected that the changes may be implemented anytime from that date onwards.

i am really upset after reading and resaerching further on this. hope there wont be changes for the IT applicants! dont know whether i can make it before 30th....

any more clarifications on this anyone???
Old Jun 21st 2010, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

What a piece of crap, scary tactic to get desperate clients.

Government didn't announce anything yet and nobody knows when they will announce something. Nobody outside very small group of people in CIC also can know anything about changes and planned timeline.

Canadian Visa Bureau is a UK based consulting firm with zero connection to Canadian government, not even authorized to represent anyone before CIC. It is not the first and likely not the last time some shady consultants are using scare tactic to get naive clients.

"June 30 deadline"???? Where they got it from?!!! Once government announces changes they will be applied to all applications received after the announcement. Government can announce something tomorrow or next year as far as I know. Alleged (not verifiable allegation so far) by Nigel Smith from Visa Bureau self imposed by government Sep 30 deadline to "identify objectives" doesn't mean anything.

Applications received until the date of changes announcement will continue to be processed under current eligibility rules - unless CIC decides to implement changes retroactively as law allows them to do it. In such case nobody will have any "early warning" from anywhere.

Canadian Visa Bureau's announcement is simply a misleading scam.

Last edited by crazy72; Jun 21st 2010 at 2:05 am.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 7:32 am
Waiting .....

Originally Posted by crazy72

Government didn't announce anything yet and nobody knows when they will announce something. Nobody outside very small group of people in CIC also can know anything about changes and planned timeline.

Canadian Visa Bureau is a UK based consulting firm with zero connection to Canadian government, not even authorized to represent anyone before CIC. It is not the first and likely not the last time some shady consultants are using scare tactic to get naive clients.

"June 30 deadline"???? Where they got it from?!!! Once government announces changes they will be applied to all applications received after the announcement. Government can announce something tomorrow or next year as far as I know. Alleged (not verifiable allegation so far) by Nigel Smith from Visa Bureau self imposed by government Sep 30 deadline to "identify objectives" doesn't mean anything.

Applications received until the date of changes announcement will continue to be processed under current eligibility rules - unless CIC decides to implement changes retroactively as law allows them to do it. In such case nobody will have any "early warning" from anywhere.

Guys,

I get mails like that all the time, don't listen to them. Just keep an eye on the CIC website for changes.

But on the other hand, I think the change in the 38 list is imminent. Do apply at your earliest.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Jun 21st 2010, 9:08 am
Just Joined

i really hope u are right!!!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 11:21 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

shady consultants are using scare tactic to get naive clients.
Goodness and there are a few of those around - what was the name of that chap who used to post on here and scammed lots of BE'ers out of their cash?
Old Jun 21st 2010, 11:50 am
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Goodness and there are a few of those around - what was the name of that chap who used to post on here and scammed lots of BE'ers out of their cash?
Yes because of course no one would imagine that anyone would/could/should use their desire to get something against them....

Just because something is written in an article or sent in an email does not mean that the information is factual, people are now scaring potential immigrants who are worried that the list is going to change and affect them.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Clematis
Yes because of course no one would imagine that anyone would/could/should use their desire to get something against them....

Just because something is written in an article or sent in an email does not mean that the information is factual, people are now scaring potential immigrants who are worried that the list is going to change and affect them.
when applying at the initial stages we tend to research online to make sure everything will be all right and tend to get panicked when something is announced........
feel releived to see many positive feedbacks on it being crap! atleast! on the process of filling forms and want to apply as soon as possible anyways!

1. if we havent done the IELTS is it ok if i tick YES for test already taken? will be doing it soon. ticked all "HIGH" coz assuming it would be as i have done it previously one year ago and received as indicated.

2. the copy of the passport should be notarized?

3. the self addressed labels should be in english and the country of residence or native?

want to make sure before submitting

thanx!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 4:54 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sr786
when applying at the initial stages we tend to research online to make sure everything will be all right and tend to get panicked when something is announced........
feel releived to see many positive feedbacks on it being crap! atleast! on the process of filling forms and want to apply as soon as possible anyways!

1. if we havent done the IELTS is it ok if i tick YES for test already taken? will be doing it soon. ticked all "HIGH" coz assuming it would be as i have done it previously one year ago and received as indicated - YES THAT IS FINE - THOUGH HAVE YOU CHECKED WITH ON CIC.GC.CA TO SEE WHAT CIC CLASS AS A HIGH SCORE?

2. the copy of the passport should be notarized? NOPE

3. the self addressed labels should be in english and the country of residence or native? ENGLISH AND NATIVE.

want to make sure before submitting

thanx!
See above :0)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.