Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changes to 'the list' of 38 (FSW visas) imminent!

Originally Posted by gashe4peace
.so you believe that i can submite with out EILTS exam result.. right ?
Yes, as you've been told before, you don't submit your IELTS until requested.

You can see exactly what you send in the initial stages if you download the checklist and guide from the CIC website - just read those and it will all become clear!
Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

J0n35y will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gashe4peace
Hi christ..
Thank you i will check it.so you believe that i can submite with out EILTS exam result.. right ?
I submitted my application to Sydney NS 2 weeks ago without it. It is not specifically asked for on the application or to be included within the documents to be enclosed to NS.

In the past this is the way things have been done. The confusion has come about as someone found some article on the CIC site which is not really all that clear but suggests that language test results will either be a requirement at the initial stage at some point in the future or is to be brought in now.

As Christmasoompa says, there is a checklist. If it isnt on that I would think that is a clear indication of what they want at the initial stage!
Old Apr 19th 2010, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

OK, checked it again for the umpteenth time this morning. Schedule 3 says "provide evidence", but then it also says that in other categories as well, and we all seem quite clear that we don't provide the evidence in the other categories until the Visa office stage.

Instructions STILL say:

"You should not submit your test results or written submission to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia Canada. If the application is recommended for further processing, the test results or written submission should be submitted to the responsible Visa Office.
However, it is recommended that all applicants using this category complete their language test(s) or their written submission before submitting their application to the CIO in Sydney so that they know in advance how many language points they will attain on the selection grid."

So it is a recommendation so that you will know how many points you will get, but not essential for the initial submission.

Now, anyone got any bright ideas about how to get our application couriered through a volcanic ash cloud to get to Sydney, when all UK planes are grounded - BEFORE this List changes...?!
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Instructions STILL say:

"You should not submit your test results or written submission to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia Canada. If the application is recommended for further processing, the test results or written submission should be submitted to the responsible Visa Office.
However, it is recommended that all applicants using this category complete their language test(s) or their written submission before submitting their application to the CIO in Sydney so that they know in advance how many language points they will attain on the selection grid."
!
CIO in Sydney only assesses the eligibility to apply (Cat 1, 2 or 3) as Skilled Worker, nothing else. They will not look at any evidence other than the one listed in initial checklist for particular category and they will not assess points score. CIO will not forward any evidence to visa post either. It is the visa post where full application will be assessed and where language test results (originals!!!) must go.

Submit to CIO only what is listed in checklist for initial eligibility determination application.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

alya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant futurealya has a brilliant future

Has the new list been published yet? I have looked on CIC but cant even see an article about the consutation - sorry if i am being blind - feeling v under weather and brain not working right, so may well be staring it in the face
Old Apr 20th 2010, 11:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alya
Has the new list been published yet? I have looked on CIC but cant even see an article about the consutation - sorry if i am being blind - feeling v under weather and brain not working right, so may well be staring it in the face
No, not yet. The link to the CIC article about the consultations is in my first post on the thread.

And I've now also heard that the 1st May is the date that the new list will be announced and implemented, and that it will be smaller than the current one. I've also heard (from fairly reliable source but not guaranteed!) that construction managers, financial managers and surprisingly, nurses and doctors, are among the professions being removed from the list. But will wait and see if that's correct!
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No, not yet. The link to the CIC article about the consultations is in my first post on the thread.

And I've now also heard that the 1st May is the date that the new list will be announced and implemented, and that it will be smaller than the current one. I've also heard (from fairly reliable source but not guaranteed!) that construction managers, financial managers and surprisingly, nurses and doctors, are among the professions being removed from the list. But will wait and see if that's correct!
Is the 1st May certain or just rumour? Anything from your source regarding vocational college instructors? We cannot courier our forms until Friday, when one year of employment completed - and now we have to contend with no planes from the UK, so couriers are quoting 5 day delays on top of their normal 4 day service. That will mean our forms won't get there until after 1st May.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

J0n35y will become famous soon enough

Is the 1st May certain or just rumour? Anything from your source regarding vocational college instructors? We cannot courier our forms until Friday, when one year of employment completed - and now we have to contend with no planes from the UK, so couriers are quoting 5 day delays on top of their normal 4 day service. That will mean our forms won't get there until after 1st May.
For the sake of £20 or so would it not just be best to chance it and send it in now with the hope it beats any deadline?

Last edited by J0n35y; Apr 20th 2010 at 12:53 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Could you not just send it now? You are supposed to be eligible when you actually apply, but that means when CIC receive it, so if you are a few days short when you send it (but will have done the year when they receive it), then it shouldn't be an issue.

If I were you, I'd send it now so they receive it early next week - by that time, you'll have done your year so it will comply with the requirements, but you'll get it in before 1st May (just in case that date is correct and vocational instructors isn't on the new list).

And the 1st May isn't certain, just what I've been told but that may not be correct.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 20th 2010 at 12:29 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Could you not just send it now? You are supposed to be eligible when you actually apply, but that means when CIC receive it, so if you are a few days short when you send it (but will have done the year when they receive it), then it shouldn't be an issue.

If I were you, I'd send it now so they receive it early next week - by that time, you'll have done your year so it will comply with the requirements, but you'll get it in before 1st May (just in case that date is correct and vocational instructors isn't on the new list).

And the 1st May isn't certain, just what I've been told but that may not be correct.

Yes, we could get it picked up by the courier tomorrow. I can't imagine that a courier would manage to deliver the application before Friday - even though they do quote in normal times 1 - 4 days, they said it would likely be 3 days for normal service. Even if we get it picked up tomorrow, could miss deadline by a day or so if it changes 1st May.

Well, nothing else we can do. Can't turn the clock back or predict volcanic eruptions. Just very upsetting when we have waited this long and possibly miss out being able to apply for a second time because of things out of our control.

Thanks for your support.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 1:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes, we could get it picked up by the courier tomorrow. I can't imagine that a courier would manage to deliver the application before Friday - even though they do quote in normal times 1 - 4 days, they said it would likely be 3 days for normal service. Even if we get it picked up tomorrow, could miss deadline by a day or so if it changes 1st May.
You've got approx 10 days until 1st May, so should be fine if you send it tomorrow, even with a delay.

very tightly crossed for you that the courier can deliver it sometime next week.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Christmasoompa

I've PM'd you.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 5:19 pm
The Seldom Seen Kid

Buchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really nice

Well, nothing else we can do. Can't turn the clock back or predict volcanic eruptions. Just very upsetting when we have waited this long and possibly miss out being able to apply for a second time because of things out of our control.

Thanks for your support.
Use a courier don't use royal mail airsure as I have been sending
mail to a friend over there recently and it's taking 12 days or so
before the volcanic dust.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fedex are doing their "next day" service at around 4 working days estimated delivery time. BUT - just heard UK air space now back open, so we MAY be ok...
Old Apr 20th 2010, 9:59 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

oh dear, if financial managers go then might be harder to find work & that is if the rest of mine goes through ok (thankfully already got 120 day email)

I'm assuming your contact was personal rather than published so will wait

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.